How to Know When You Are Ready

Discussion in 'Mental Preparedness' started by SurvivalGirl87, Apr 27, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. SurvivalGirl87

SurvivalGirl87 Member
      13/23

Blog Posts:
    When it comes to being mentally prepared there is no way to completely or totally tell how you will handle a situation until it occurs. Some people may think they are mentally prepared to take on everything from zombie apocalypses to the aftermath of earthquakes and tsunamis. However this could not be further from the truth. Practicing these scenarios in your mind or on a computer simulation is nothing like seeing them go down in real life.

[​IMG]
    There are many individuals out there who believe they are the best of the best when it comes to being mentally prepared and physically prepared for any kind of survival situation. Unfortunately these individuals have only practiced these scenarios in their mind or in their backyard at best. Don't get me wrong it is great to go over these thoughts in your mind and to apply them but when you believe that you know them and have mastered them is when you have slipped. Always being prepared means expecting the unexpected.

[​IMG]
    This also means expecting something that you do not know or have not planned for. The only way to know you are completely ready is when you have accepted the inevitable truth that you will never be fully prepared for any situation.

2. NormaD

NormaD New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    I totally agree with you. You can never be totally prepared for any situation. But once you have done the best you can to prepare for whatever eventuality, then you have to relax and believe in your ability to cope with whatever comes your way.

3. Endure

Endure Expert Member
      130/140

Blog Posts:
    I agree. Is hard to tell with 100% certaintly you're prepared to face a certain survival scenario without experienced in some related real experiences. In theory, you can make all the precautions you want, but there are lots of things that could go wrong. I think the ability to think in a way solve a current problem is more valuable than foreshadowing.

4. glreese

glreese Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I agree with you completely. No one is ever 100% ready for when disaster happens. The best thing a person can do is prepare and hope that they are preparing for the right thing.

5. cecejailer

cecejailer New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    I think you're only ready when you can think about a situation that would scare you before, and not feel scared. Like, if you felt that little tingle in your stomach thinking about climbing up a mountain before you started preparing yourself mentally, you have to see if that's still happening, and how to differ fear from anxiety. You can feel anxious about something but know how to deal with the situation, but fear is different, fear can make you completely paralyzed.