How To Survive From Religious Fanatics?

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by iamawriter, Jun 3, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. iamawriter

iamawriter Well-Known Member
      88/115

Blog Posts:
    I need not elaborate on this. It is there for the world to see how religious fanatics spare none. Strange as it may seem we all have friends from different religions and as friends these very same fanatic will die for each other but not when they are at war fighting for their religion.

2. kamar19

kamar19 Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    Religious fanatics are tough to deal with. I hope to see more open minded religious people. I respect religions, I just can't stand the mind set of "if your not a part of my religion your going to burn hell", and according to their holy books it says every man shall be judged according to his own book, Religion is always a touchy subject because other time truth and science play no part in religion.

3. iamawriter

88/115

Blog Posts:
    It is actually not understood why fanatic some are specially when none of us chose our religion. Even being ready to die for one's religion and even ready to kill anyone that comes in the way including friends and family is a situation that is difficult to digest. I agree with you. That is a ridiculous thought that those who belong to other religions than our own will burn in hell.

4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    there has always been this attitude of " my religion is better than your religion" crap.
    one of the reasons I am a Pagan, " do what you will less it hurts no one".

5. Nela Civobeg

Nela Civobeg Member
      18/25

Blog Posts:
    Quite simple. If you were born in a place without contact with outer world, no TV, no newspapers, and given the gun early in your life and just been told 1 thing, you wouldn't know better. By entering a whole another world everything you see might seem sinful and it needs sacrifice to cleanse the evil. It's simple brainwashing, nothing more to it.

6. Eva.Ling

Eva.Ling New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    I live in a country where there are some religious extremists. Never really thought about surviving... but I try to be as respectful as I can. Even if it's something that goes against my own beliefs, or if I have to hold my tongue. Unless it involves cruelty or hurting a life, usually we are tolerant of other religions.

7. iamawriter

88/115

Blog Posts:
    But today's fanatics are well versed and well exposed.
    That kind of attitude may not be harmless as those of fanatics who belong to a different level of madness. We too as Christians believed that only we went to heaven or ours was the only true religion but this attitude has changed. These fanatics behave like mad dogs with just one objective to protect or spread their religion even at the cost of their own life.

8. iamawriter

88/115

Blog Posts:
    You are not thinking of becoming a martyr it appears as that is what was believed by the Christians of good old times that if anyone died for their religion they were martyrs. I am not sure if I would give in but rather than be killed if surrendering was the only option, I would.

9. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Actually, I'd not bring the word "religion" into it. I'd use the two-word phrase, "blind followership". Worse are those who actively seek out "leaders". These behavioral patterns are a nasty leftover from evolution. Anytime power is concentrated into a few within a group, these "leaders" almost always become corrupt. Blind followership creates monsters -- think wolf-pack with corrupt alphas in the lead. In military situations, strict discipline is supposed to help lesson this phenomenon plus the tendency of the troop to loot. Often this works, discipline, however humans are human.

Power must always be distributed as widely as possible within any grouping of humans.

Oh and, don't drink the Kool-Aid.

10. Clara1993

Clara1993 Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    I'm not religious nor Do I fan Religious minds!! I prefer to promote Humanity and most of all love! How can we kill each other, Hate each other, Discriminate, And all those cynical and bad doings and then tell to each other that if you don't belong to my religion you will never see the heaven!!! Is heaven for people who are ready to kill others just for imaginary and made up stories??? However this is just my opinion, Religions are to devide people and I personaly don't like them.

11. Eva.Ling

Eva.Ling New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    No, I wouldn't be a martyr. It means dying and I don't believe in any religion enough to do that. I would bide my time and survive.

12. iamawriter

88/115

Blog Posts:
    I remember when we were being guided by priests and nuns the thought about dying for our religion was considered to be a way of life. Many were elevated as saints who died for their religion. But today no one is ready for that. Neither would I. I am not much of a religious person but more spiritual

13. iamawriter

88/115

Blog Posts:
    The concept of a leader being followed is normal in every walk of life depending on how powerful and how much he is capable of brainwashing anyone. At the end of the day what I feel it is more about brainwashing than anything else. Who can forget those cults where even the highly educate became victims, that ended by the leader choosing to go for group suicide.

14. Nela Civobeg

Nela Civobeg Member
      18/25

Blog Posts:
    They might be, but let me give you an example, 29 years old male, showed up on the terrorist list 2 years ago. Do you know where a certain individual like him might have been 27 years ago? He might have been raised in the cave with no connection to outside world and was told the same thing every day for the entire life. Human mind is easy to twist / bend. Even to people who are living in normal world, you could "brainwash" those as well by knowing how to work with words. People don't really put many thoughts behind certain subjects, they just act fast.

15. Harrysung

Harrysung New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    I have had really deep conversations with people from other religion and I noticed that the main reason of disputes between religions is the "true/false" religion issue. I sometimes wonder why some people are always trying to bring up conversations about a persons reason for belonging to their perceived false religion. If everybody can just mind his or her own business, I don't think there would be problem.

My way to survive such a situation is silence or agreeing with the fanatics (There is no harm in making a fool believe he/she is right so as to save my head).

16. Clara1993

Clara1993 Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    The problem always come when some people from a certain religion tries to change othe religion's minds!!! And there they start disputed and try to recrute!! Lol I always stay away from such discussions, They don't even realise that what he/ she is trying to Convince him Is what makes them different sometimes and there you got a point, If they accepted each other and respect each other there would not be religious bases killings and all horrible disputes

Harrysung likes this.
  17. Nela Civobeg

Nela Civobeg Member
      18/25

Blog Posts:
    That is my neighbor right there. Well, actually one of my friends, too. So deep in it, everyone has to know about it. People really need to learn where to draw the line and stop with all that. But as you can see, religion is getting involved in politics a lot, so its almost another political game.

18. Joshmoy

Joshmoy New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    In as much as there are religious fa atics everywhere, we need to put things like diplomacy in concern.

I am a christian and I also have Muslims and pagans as friends and till date, we all get along well. There are some fanatics who are ready to kill others just because they don't practice their religion. It's because they have been brainwashed by their leaders.

As a person, I always remind myself that it isn't within my power to condemn a man's faith, whether I deem it right or not. Never judge anybody.

If this is applied, you won't have problem surviving religious fanatics.

Lee CT NE likes this.
  19. Nela Civobeg

Nela Civobeg Member
      18/25

Blog Posts:
    Thank God, somebody with brains. I can't believe how many people don't actually think this way. It's a real shame. Never judge, never get involved in others business, especially on sensitive topics like religion and politics. It never ends good. Let everyone live their life the way they want.

Lee CT NE likes this.
  20. Joshmoy

Joshmoy New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:

That's the way things should be. Respect Everybody's religion and decisions. Like I said earlier, I have a lot of Muslim friends but when we talk, we stay away from religious talks as much as possible. When they want to pray, I give them their privacy and when I'm going to church, they chill for me till I get back and at the end, we all discuss profitable business and stay good.

You don't go around provoking other people with religious or political arguments and expect them to play cool. It doesn't work that way.

Lee CT NE likes this.
  21. Nela Civobeg

Nela Civobeg Member
      18/25

Blog Posts:
    Indeed, although I myself do talk with people of other religion about it only if they show clear interest that they might want to learn something. Nothing wrong with those kind of talks, we should actually encourage them. Each religion has something that's unique and all of them are pretty connected, although many people don't really know that.

Joshmoy likes this.
  22. PedroP

PedroP Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    Fanatics always stand out from your usual thug because while most common lowlifes are after money or you possessions fanatics are after spreading their religion. Religion is a powerful tool in the right hands. It is so powerful that there has always been and it seems there will continue to have wars over it. When dealing with them I guess you can't expect any breaks No mercy calls. Shoot to kill or hit to kill.

23. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    Some people find me a little bit rude to think that way (but I don't care about them anyway :D), but I really do tend to ignore these types of people because I really don't have the patience for them. In fact, I can't get along with any kind of extreme people, but the religious ones make me more nervous. :rolleyes:

24. Denis_P

Denis_P Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Dealing with fanatics is pretty darn hard considering we're talking about people who have a burning motivation for their actions that is nigh incomparable to that of any normal person. I don't want to alienate any particular group of people in this forum, but look at extremist groups like ISIS using Islam to brainwash people into becoming killing machines. How do you fight someone that is willing to blow themselves up for their cause? There is no winning with religious fanatics until you go to lengths further than they have gone, becoming fiercer and more brutal.

You can ignore someone preaching through a megaphone, but you can't ignore a gun to your head.

Joshmoy likes this.
  25. Deathisue

Deathisue New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I just respect his believes, i try to wont speak about the topic for a lot of reason, in all my life i see various types of fanatics and there is radicals, desperates, some are really logicals and even good fanatics, agresives but good persons, i just avoid the topic, because we only lost our saliva with them.