How To Take Down Your Drone With A Smartphone

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by F22 Simpilot, May 9, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    I thought I'd finally share what I think will in fact work on how to take down your drone with a smartphone. I'm not sure if this will work for DJI drones or if this will even work at all, but I'm hoping someone here can follow my directions and try it on their drone while on the ground and powered up and report their findings. Please do NOT try this on someone else's drone! These instructions are for the use on your own drone ONLY! By reading what I say here and trying this you are responsible for your own actions. This is for the sake of educational use ONLY!

Now here's what I came up with. I read here about an educational project where "hackers" would use a Raspberry PI to try and take down or control other drones in a competition. After I read the instructions I quickly thought to myself that this probably could be done via a smartphone or tablet instead of a dedicated computer or Raspberry PI. The whole process is simple. You just connect to the drone's open WIFI channel and execute a shutdown command via telnet.

What you need:

1) A smartphone or tablet.

2) A well reviewed Telnet App. On my Android phone I have two. TCP Telnet Terminal and Termius.

Method:

Go into your WIFI to show wireless networks and connect to the drone's WIFI network.

Once you connect open the telnet App and connect to the drone's IP address which would more than likely be 192.168.1.1. Now send a command that simply is:
    Code:
    shutdown

That's it. If successful the drone should power down.

Do note that if you want to crash your drone or your friends drone in the air and waste a bunch of money you make absolutely certain there are no people below you! Something that large falling on someone can kill them!

5d118e93037316b13dee9e77d91a01ad.png

Again. By reading this and using these instructions this is for educational use only with your own drone and not for anything illegal. I take no responsibility in how you use these instructions. You've been warned!

5d118e93037316b13dee9e77d91a01ad.png

TMT Tactical likes this.