Huge Solar Storm To Hit Earth In 2025.

Discussion in 'Other Not Listed Situations' started by lonewolf, Jul 12, 2023.

0/5, 0 votes

1. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
  2. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    It will be interesting to see what happens.

In 1859 a massive solar flare hit earth. It is known as the Carrington Event. Use of electricity was very new then, mostly being confined to telegraphy. The solar storm burn out much of the telegraphy network.

One of the interesting things is that it remained very light all through the night of the event, with people being intrigued by the lack of dusk.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    we have far more technology now than in 1859 and the effect could be far greater.
    most if not all modern technology seems to be reliant on electricity in one form or another, either directly or for recharging, and electricity is the weakest link in the chain in a solar storm.
    a solar storm will cause extensive damage to communication and electrical systems.
    every day life will come to a halt, the internet is only part of it, ATM's and card machines wont work, shop tills are electric and wont work-no one has a manual override any more, fuel pumps wont work neither will the computers in the filling stations that control them, automatic doors wont work neither will traffic lights, the list is endless. modern life will just not be possible.
    if the solar storm blows the power grid and many say it will, "normal service" will not be resumed for a long time, maybe years, maybe never.

Brownbear and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I have never been concerned about an EMP event, as that would be the end of most of the world, causing WW3. Now a CME is another story completely. If the grid goes down, then there is going to be a world of hurt. The cites will start to burn within a day. Rioting and looting will start almost immediately. Most of the population will not know how to exist without the internet and their cell phones. Credit cards will not work and most people do not carry much cash, so even if a store could open their tills, they could not run a card. With no food in the pantry and no way to buy any food, people will resort to stealing (looting) the stores. The stupid people will b stealing big screen TV's. The slightly smarter folks will be stealing food. The smartest people (non-preppers) will be stealing camping equipment and weapons. I doubt the non-prepping people will survive long enough to see the grid come back. The third world countries will be the least effected, as most of their population still are living a basic life style. The higher the living standard, the harder the fall.

lonewolf, Brownbear and Old Geezer like this.
  5. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Here is another article on the sun's radiation flatulence issue. Please read to get all the details. As usual, I recommend reading the entire article. Too, it has a very instructive video -- "a picture is worth a thousand words".

The following article states that the solar flares are coming two years early, i.e. this year, 2023. So, by the end of THIS YEAR, the Earth could catch some serious/dangerous ionizing plasma.

From the article: "... Sometimes, flares also bring enormous, magnetized clouds of fast-moving particles, known as coronal mass ejections (CMEs)." TMT Tactical brings up the seriousness of CME events should they hit the Earth. We humans have set ourselves up for a catastrophic fall by making our "developed" civilizations totally dependent on profoundly fragile electric and electronic technologies. Are there some parts of our systems that are hardened? Sure. But certainly not on the whole. MOST of what people have come to depend upon is very vulnerable.

The following article will also state that a plasma-hit could cook our satellites, flick them out of orbit like little bugs. For communications and a whole lot more, we have become dependent on these space birds. With them gone ... think BIG oopsie.

"Solar maximum could hit us harder and sooner than we thought. How dangerous will the sun's chaotic peak be?"

https://www.livescience.com/space/t...t-how-dangerous-will-the-suns-chaotic-peak-be

Begin quote:

The sun is quickly approaching a major peak in solar activity. Experts warn it could potentially begin by the end of 2023, years before initial predictions suggested.

Every 11 years or so, the sun's magnetic field gets tangled up like a ball of tightly wound rubber bands until it eventually snaps and completely flips — turning the north pole into the south pole and vice versa. In the lead-up to this gargantuan reversal, the sun amps up its activity: belching out fiery blobs of plasma, growing dark planet-size spots and emitting streams of powerful radiation.

This period of increased activity, known as solar maximum, is also a potentially perilous time for Earth, which gets bombarded by solar storms that can disrupt communications, damage power infrastructure, harm some living creatures (including astronauts) and send satellites plummeting toward the planet.

And some scientists think the next solar maximum may be coming sooner — and be much more powerful — than we thought.

Originally, scientists predicted that the current solar cycle would peak in 2025. But a bumper crop of sunspots, solar storms and rare solar phenomena suggest solar maximum could arrive by the end of this year at the earliest — and several experts told Live Science we are poorly prepared.

[ In this quote gap, background scientific information is presented; Old Geezer]

... But the magnetic field slowly gets tangled, with some regions becoming more magnetized than others, James said. As a result, the sun's magnetic field gradually weakens, and solar activity begins to ramp up: Plasma rises from the star's surface and forms massive magnetized horseshoes, known as coronal loops, that pepper the sun's lower atmosphere. These fiery ribbons can then snap as the sun's magnetic field realigns, releasing bright flashes of light and radiation, known as solar flares. Sometimes, flares also bring enormous, magnetized clouds of fast-moving particles, known as coronal mass ejections (CMEs).

In December 2022, the sun reached an eight-year sunspot peak. And in January 2023, scientists observed more than twice as many sunspots as NASA had predicted (143 observed versus 63 estimated), with the numbers staying nearly as high over the following months. In total, the number of observed sunspots has exceeded the predicted number for 27 months in a row.

While the bounty of sunspots is a major red flag, they are not the only evidence solar maximum could be here soon. ...

Past cycles suggest the solar maximum may last for somewhere between one and two years, though scientists don't know for sure.

But if a solar storm does hit, it can ionize Earth's upper atmosphere and fuel radio and satellite blackouts. Big storms that block the planet's connections to satellites can temporarily wipe out long-range radio and GPS systems for up to half the planet, Fang said. On its own, that is just a minor inconvenience, but if a lengthy blackout coincided with a major disaster, such as an earthquake or tsunami, the results could be catastrophic, she added.

Strong solar storms can also generate ground-based electrical currents that can damage metallic infrastructure, including older power grids and rail lines, Fang said.

The chances of a once-in-a-century superstorm, such as the Carrington Event in 1859, also slightly increase during solar maximum, Fang said. While a long shot, such a storm could cause trillions of dollars' worth of damage and majorly impact everyday life, she added.

End quote

===========================================

The next article is a bit long-ish article. For details, please read the entire article. Me, I learned a whole lot by reading the following.

"What are coronal mass ejections?"

https://www.livescience.com/what-are-coronal-mass-ejections

" 'CMEs can cause geomagnetic storms upon their arrival in the near-Earth environment," Stephanie Yardley, a space weather expert at University College London, U.K. told Live Science. "These produce ground-induced currents that degrade power grids, and they can also affect the accuracy of GPS and GNSS satellite navigation systems.'

"... What's more, the effect is not only magnetic. A physical phenomenon called electromagnetic induction means that a changing magnetic field normally causes electric currents to flow through nearby materials.In the case of a CME hitting our planet, every conductor on Earth, including Earth itself, is exposed.

"This means that currents flow through and mess up power grids and can scramble satellite-based navigation systems.

"While CMEs may not present a major direct threat to life, the huge advances in technology since the Carrington event mean that human society is far more vulnerable to CMEs’ indirect effects. In 2003, for instance, a geomagnetic storm triggered by the largest solar flare of the modern era affected electricity supplies in Sweden and South Africa, while aircraft were rerouted to avoid high-altitude flights over the poles. Some 47 satellites experienced failures either due to radiation damage or through static electric charge that accumulated on their surfaces, while astronauts aboard the ISS were forced to retreat into the most heavily shielded parts of the station, according to a Royal Academy of Engineering report on solar weather.

"A 2008 report by the National Academy of Sciences estimated that a severe geomagnetic storm could have an impact of up to $2 trillion in both immediate damage and knock-on effects, with the world taking up to a decade to recover. But even though there's no way of avoiding a major CME that heads toward Earth, precautions can lessen the impact. Satellites can be put into safe mode where they are less likely to suffer lasting harm, and power grids can also be protected.

" 'For example, the [U.K.] National Grid can reduce the impact to their power systems by turning on as many power lines and high voltage equipment as possible to reduce the burden of excess current running through their system so they do not become overwhelmed,' Yardley said.

"For these and other reasons, it's vital to track CMEs so that various precautions can be taken before their arrival. 'Once CMEs are observed, their propagation is modeled to predict their arrival time at Earth,' Yardley said. 'Our arrival predictions are currently accurate to within around plus/minus 12 hours. However, it is very difficult to determine their impact (which is measured through the orientation of the magnetic field) until they pass over spacecraft that are very close to Earth, giving us approximately a 1-hour warning of whether they will be geoeffective or not.' "

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. TMT Tactical
      Very good articles. Thanks for posting OG. There is still too much not known about the cause and effect of a CME. I am certainly hoping for the 2025 projection verses the 2023 projection.

TMT Tactical, Jul 14, 2023
  6. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I got into prepping very late in life and then focused more on the fun parts of prepping and not enough on the realities. So I am just now focusing on the needed parts of prepping. Prepping forums tend to not push the most important aspects of prepping --- Food, water and shelter. The forums highlight incidents, situations and potential problem areas but not what we need to do to improve our survival. While guns and bullets maybe fun to collect, they are not as important as having enough water. We preppers tend to base out water storage needs on current usage but what if we had an event that caused a year long summer of very high temps? No winter, fall of spring, just 12 months of steaming hot summer. Could we keep hydrated? Could we keep the crops irrigated? While contemplating these issues, we need to factor in the possibility that the grid has gone down and will not be back up for quite a spell. Are all these factors so over whelming we should raise our hands and give up, NOPE. These are just red flags to tell us we need to focus more on our required preps and less on life's little extras. For the price of one good rifle, how many rain barrels could we purchase? I am not advocating we be defenseless but I am trying to point out we also need to focus on the needed items more.

lonewolf and Brownbear like this.
  7. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    when I first got into prepping forums, I was a late starter computer wise but not prepping wise, I was amazed at the great long lists that people put up, I'm not talking food or water but other consumables.
    I was convinced that someone invented prepping forums to keep the consumer society consuming.
    if the event or events are long enough then most of the lists would be used up anyway.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    When I first got into prepping, I was over whelmed with the long and in some case expensive list of items. I checked into electric all terrain bicycles and attached carts. I checked into solar powered carts that could travel on railroad tracks. I checked into how and where to acquire maps of railroad lines. I made spreadsheets of all the various items listed, as must have's, and their various costs. I made up list for bug out bags, bug in bags, emergency get home bags and a thousand other needed items. What I did not focus on was just what I would need to have to live a basic life style. Food, water and shelter. Of course home defense was a factor that I was more than happy to pursue. But as stated by many, you can't eat bullets. All new preppers should focus on the three main items and once these priorities are completed, then expand to other areas.

Brownbear likes this.
  9. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    a lot of preppers especially in Britain just concentrate on surviving long enough until things get back to normal, ( short term prepping) but what if "normal" never comes?
    a basic simple life is possible post SHTF but most will never survive long enough to live it.
    they never get to the stage of stocking heritage seeds to grow their own food they just store enough food for a month or two, pat themselves on the back and call it "job done".
    learning to adapt is key, failure to adapt is suicide.
    which is why the mortality rate in Britain will be huge because 99% of the population cannot survive once the supply chain collapses, they have no back up plan , in fact no plan at all.

10. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Prepping was kind'a handed to me. Came from poor folk up in the Appalachian Mountains.

My grandparents sure had no electricity. Met both of my great grandmothers. Met and talked to over a dozen folk born in the 1890s -- a two or three born in the 1880s. Lotta my folk lived into their latter 80s, 90s. I got to see the old tools and ways of life. In the mountains people have cisterns. There was no water or sewer utilities up that holler. I've only had to use an outhouse very few times. My parents were initially raised without electricity, but then both sides of the family moved into a small town for jobs. We always had kin in the county and up in the mountains. So, for veggies, foraging, mountain water, and hunting, all we had to do is visit kin. Too, all the folk that moved into towns, raised big gardens -- "It's what you do." Oh and fruit trees also. Cherry trees were really popular on my dad's side of the family and the neighbors grew apple trees. As a kid I picked a lot of fruit.

Kerosene lamps and non-electric, non-motorized tools were all over the place. Canning fruits and veggies was also, "what you did." Shoot squirrels and have them for supper. Go fishing and have them for supper. Dig ramps and fry them up in with whatever was for supper. Have my grandfather's powder horn. When a young man, my maternal grandfather didn't own a cartridge rifle nor shotgun. They were poor way past poor -- subsistence hunting and all. Pap was a super hunting instructor. Actually, truth be told, he was mostly some upright form of forest creature. When we were hunting, he turned into a big carnivore. Couldn't talk to him when he was in hunting mode. His eyes changed.

Y'know, after it hits the fan, a lot of poor folk are just going to keep on keeping on. Hunters, campers, ... same reality. In my neck of the woods, when people go camping-out, they don't take any modern crap with them. People royally "get away from it all". But then they inherited these ways. My kin would camp-out / family reunion on a mountain top at 6,000 ft. Camping in the clouds. Frying food over the camp fires. Right this minute, I'm back there. I can smell the food.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2023
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. Brownbear

410/460

Blog Posts:
    You make a very good point LW. Most people do not have any length of vision in these matters. I also liked TMT Tactical's post about proper prepping not guns - I've never liked the "last man standing wins" culture.

Growing one's own food and having a smile life I the way to survive.

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. TMT Tactical
      So as not to appear hypercritical, I do own about a half dozen firearms but I should have stopped colleting them much earlier and focused more on my water and garden preps. I am way behind in both my garden preps and in my water harvesting preps. Rain water harvesting and raised beds are now my top focus.

TMT Tactical, Jul 17, 2023
  12. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Weapons and all manner of violence is negative. Holy crap, yes.

But, I've had a guy try to get into my house at 3 am. I had a loaded shotgun, round in the chamber. I read the puke the riot act through a locked front door. Some felons get religion and live. I and my family and friends of family have had to resort to weaponry. Only a few bad guys got shot. Only one bad guy death comes to mind at this moment. The puke deserved a deep six. So it goes. This thing is profoundly unpleasant.

If one imagines that firearms can be banned, then they are way too naive to reason with. This is CRUDE technology.

If one imagines that aggressive / sociopathic people can be in any way appeased, then one cannot reason with that terminally naive person. The damned are the damned. I didn't have a childhood, OK. My dad lived in a world where bad guys got killed. God only knows how many pukes one uncle of mine was FORCED to kill. This thing was not on him. This thing was NOT his choice -- him and other men I knew even as a kid. Things are as they are. Holy sh##, I don't want this. They didn't want this.

Guns are a part of prepping whether one wants this or not. I have too many stories. This thing is as it is. Human programming / DNA is what it is. Even as a child, I knew people who'd killed other people. Whoop-de-doo! Welcome to freaking Earth. Some were good guys trapped by life's circumstances. I didn't, they didn't, create this sick universe.

Post SHTF, if you can't take up arms and kill, then you may just get to watch your wife and daughter get raped to death. Me, if I have half a breath left in me, I'll kill and kill and kill and kill to prevent that. Killing? Not a problem if my family is in danger.

Firearms and stocks of ammo are an essential part of prepping for the multiple, unknowable, SHTF situations that are on the near horizon. One only owns that which he/she can protect -- Life 101. Open a few world history books. "Those who have not learned from history are doomed to repeat it." Me, I'm not letting my loved ones get on the trains.

"Death before dishonor!"

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. Old Geezer
      "Woman stops home invasion by opening fire on 4 suspects"

https://news.yahoo.com/woman-stops-home-invasion-opening-034443794.html

"Texas Teenager With Shotgun Takes Down Two Home Invaders, One Escapes"

https://www.newsweek.com/texas-teenager-shotgun-takes-down-two-home-invaders-one-escapes-1741782

"1 suspect shot after attempted break-in at home in Richmond subdivision, sheriff's office says"

https://abc13.com/home-invasion-sugar-land-chelsea-harbour-subdivision-crime/13479548/

=============================================

Old Geezer, Jul 17, 2023
      TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    difference in culture I think between us here in Britain and over there in the USA, I have never known anyone who was burgled but home invasion seems a way of life in the US, of course I've always been security conscious it was drilled into me at an early age, parents and friends parents had just gone through a world war and suffered as a result what with rationing and bombing.
    I was brought up in an era before supermarkets and computers and mobile phones so I have known a different sort of life to many these days with their technology, back then you didnt run out of stuff and many grew their own food, a lot of the original council houses had allotment type gardens and many people back then were good with their hands and DIY was the thing, not so these days.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "UK Burglary Statistics (2022)"

https://www.cladcodecking.co.uk/blog/post/uk-burglary-statistics

Begin quote

In 2021/2022 there were 192,060 home burglaries reported in England and Wales. That’s an average of 526 burglaries a day - a house being burgled every 164 seconds!

The ONS have produced a summary of the long-term trends in burglary which shows that:

In 70% of burglaries, the offender enters the dwelling through the door. Only 30% of burglaries occur with the burglar gaining entry through a window.
    In over 50% of domestic burglary incidents, someone was at home while the offender gained entry into the building.
    The difference in burglary frequency on weekdays vs. weekends is comparatively insignificant: 16% per weekday and 12% per weekend day.
    About 40% of residential burglaries in the UK. occur in the day, specifically from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
    60% of all burglaries take place in the evening or during the night, from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m.

End quote
    =======================================

If a burglar(s) knows that the home owners are unarmed and physically weaker, then they simply don a mask or balaclava and force their way into a home. "Might makes right." ... unfortunately. "God made men large and small. Samuel Colt made people equal."

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/cri...london-met-police-harrow-ealing-b1071623.html

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/21911348/london-acid-attack-burglaries-southall-greenford/

https://www.reddit.com/r/unitedkingdom/comments/z8kxak/backlash_as_fatheroftwo_jailed_for_tackling/

https://www.amazon.com/SAS-Urban-Survival-Handbook-Terrorism/dp/1510722459

--------------------------------------

"A Day in Khan’s London: Triple Stabbing, Home Invasion Knifing, Man Set on Fire"

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...abbing-home-invasion-knifing-man-set-on-fire/

Begin quote

The British capital of London saw two days of horrific violence to start the week, with Monday alone seeing a man knifed multiple times during an aggravated burglary, three teens hospitalised in a triple stabbing, and a man set on fire.

The first major incident in the city, where Labour leftist Sadiq Khan serves as Mayor and Police and Crime Commissioner, took place in the early hours of Monday morning, and saw a man stabbed in the back and arms multiple times during a break-in in Highbury Grange, Islington, according to MyLondon.

The victim was rushed to a major trauma centre — part of a specialised trauma network credited with increasing survival rates in the capital by 50 per cent in the five years since they were introduced.

The second major incident was if anything even more dramatic, and saw three boys aged 15, 16, and 17 stabbed in the street outside a Popeye’s Chicken shop in Romford, and another three teenagers arrested.

The capstone to this violent day was unusually barbaric even by the standards of London crime, and saw a man in Ealing actually set on fire.

Fortunately, he suffered only supposedly “minor” burns, according to reports.

“The man who started the fire had left the area before officers arrived and work is ongoing to locate him,” the Metropolitan Police commented.

End quote
    ===========================================

"Dudley homeowners injured in 'terrifying' armed burglary after being threatened with a gun"

https://www.expressandstar.com/news...tabbing-as-two-others-also-taken-to-hospital/

"Three homeowners were injured during a "terrifying" armed burglary involving a gun in Dudley.

"The occupants were threatened by someone with a gun and ordered to hand over cash.

"Police said there was a scuffle and a man in his 30s was stabbed in the leg.

"Police are now searching for a group of men who fled in the BMW.

"A man in his 30s was stabbed in the leg. He was taken to hospital with injuries which are not believed to be life-threatening.

"A woman, also in her 30s, suffered arm injuries after being assaulted."
    ========================

"Why are rural areas targeted for burglaries?"

https://www.caldersecurity.co.uk/why-are-rural-areas-targeted-for-burglaries/

"Whoever thought that crime was only confined to urban cities was wrong. With approximately 11 million people living in rural areas in the UK, issues such as rural burglary, theft, and vandalism are becoming a growing concern.

"Crime is not restricted to a certain geographic location. There is going to be a risk of burglary and theft wherever there is money and stuff to steal.

"Burglars scope out properties looking for the perfect target to hit and farms, ranches, and country houses are a lucrative target for them due to several reasons.

"Come to think of it, rural properties at times have even more valuable items than some urban properties. These include power tools, quad bikes, trailers, machinery and tractors, livestock, garden equipment, fuel, equestrian equipment, bicycles, and solar panels.

"These are just the items a burglar would usually find on a farm; country houses have their own share of valuables. Typical items of value include money, jewellery, and portable electronics such as laptops and gaming consoles.

"Generally speaking, burglars prefer stealing items that are valuable, small, and portable so as not to attract attention while taking them away. However, the way that these rural houses and farms are built gives them somewhat of an advantage to quietly sneak out even the heavier items. More on that in a bit.

"Rural properties such as farms and ranches are usually constructed over a large area with access restricted via a fence and gate, which can both be easily broken if the right security measures are not taken.

"Additionally, people living in the countryside have a habit of leaving their doors and windows open and unlocked, as do quite a few city folks surprisingly, giving the burglars ease of access into their property.

"Secluded properties in remote locations are a favourite among burglars. Why? The same devious reason why most crimes take place in dark streets and alleys. Fewer people around mean less chance of attracting attention and subsequently getting caught.

"Houses and farms in rural areas are built pretty far from each other with either a lot of greenery or huge patches of land in between. Neighbours usually mind their own business and it’s lights out earlier than is the custom in urban settings.

"Burglars hate to run into people while breaking-in because it obviously causes complications and potentially ruins their plans. The remote location of rural properties makes them an ideal target for burglaries.

"Rural properties are sprawled over acres of land with just a simple gate and lock securing the entire area. That is not a viable and effective safety measure and is sure to put the property itself and its owners in some serious trouble.

"Also, since everything is so far away from each other, naturally the police stations and local authorities are also situated at a distance. In case of a break-in, it takes longer for the police to arrive at the scene than it normally would in the city giving the burglars enough time to run away.

"Rural properties are sprawled over acres of land with just a simple gate and lock securing the entire area. That is not a viable and effective safety measure and is sure to put the property itself and its owners in some serious trouble.

"With rural burglaries increasing at an alarming rate over the years, there are several ways to help curb the issue and protect your property from thieves and intruders. ................

===============

The above article has suggestions as to how rural land owners can protect their homes, property, and farm equipment.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    London has a population of nearly 9 million so I suppose there is greater chance of being burgled or mugged(street attack). also its a multi cultural city so the chance of some kind of religious confrontation is also greatly increased.
    I lived in a lesser city for 40 years and like I say I never knew anyone who was burgled, even attacks on the street are rare there.
    there are always burglaries on rural farms, lots of stuff left lying around, there is a good trade overseas in stolen tractors and farm equipment, also diesel is expensive so is often stolen, not so much rustling these days but a few sheep can go "missing" at times, actually more sheep are maimed or killed by dog attacks.

16. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Here in the States, the LAST place I'd attempt to burglarize or from which I'd try to steal is farm country or Rednecksville. The odds of getting shot are very real.

Here, when guns are pulled and the felons run away, most times these instances do NOT get reported to the police. If the felon leaves a trail of blood, or may end up in a hospital, then it's best to notify the authorities. You don't want that coming back on you. Rural juries won't convict a local for shooting a thief. They just won't. And too, prosecutors will lose their positions if they pursue charging a local for defending their property or certainly when protecting human life.

Post SHTF, multiply this social phenomenon by 100. If a thief is in the wrong place post-SHTF, they WILL get shot. I think of myself as a nice guy and I know what I will do.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. Brownbear

410/460

Blog Posts:
    You're absolutely right LW, but of recent years violent crime has risen exponentially in the UK's larger cities.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  18. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    too many people all shoved into our major cities, 80% of the UK population mow lives in cities, thats nearly 60 million people living cheek by jowl.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  19. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    In the early 1960s psychologist John B Calhoun proved that too high of a population density turned rats into psychotics.

In the decades following, and especially after the Woke pandemic among "scientists", many tried to shoot-down Calhoun's study. They particularly were upset with the idea that the study had any pertinence to humans. The "politically correct" (neurotic crew of rats some think) live in crowded areas, thus "nothing could go wrong".

Anyone with a half-ounce of wisdom knows that packing people into too small an area makes people go nuts -- witness prisons and all the stabbings/murders/rapes therein (Old Geezer believes in work camps where prisoners earn their food). One HUGE difference between rural and urban environs is anonymity. In smaller communities, people know each other and the deputies in the Sheriffs Department REALLY know who the trouble makers are, who the parolees are. Urban police, how could they ever keep up with all of the riff-raff?!

Do something in a rural area and the locals will want your hide and people talk. There's less chance you'll be able to hide your own hide -- you're gonna get skinned. In urban areas, it is easy to hide plus, people don't want to get involved. Everybody knows the NYC stabbing story wherein a young woman was stabbed to death under a streetlight -- she screamed and screamed. Lots of people witnessed this murder from their apartment windows. Nobody called the cops. Nobody intervened. They were afraid. They hid within the urban invisibility fog. Me, I have a story from a rural area about a pregnant woman screaming, two good-ol'-boys responding, and a felon getting the hell beaten out of him (hospitalized, but didn't die).

The Calhoun rat study was profoundly interesting; however, it was only confirmation of what we already know about animals and humans. Mean people act out, then hide. Unarmed people can't fight back against large strong felons. And, felons get guns in countries with the most stringent gun control laws. London along with innumerable other urban areas are packed with people, packed with crime.

In Tokyo, there is little crime. The Japanese people are by nature ones who follow laws and government mandates -- they are conditioned to being ruled. The criminal element is ruled by the Yakuza gangs. The Yakuza own around one-third of all industrial holdings and they also own government officials and the police. People toe the line ... or else.

========================================
    CME coming today Tuesday 18 July 2023. Got fuel for your generators?

" 'Cannibal' coronal mass ejection that devoured 'dark eruption' from sun will smash into Earth on July 18"

published 1 day ago

"Two coronal mass ejections have combined into an enormous cloud of magnetized plasma that is forecast to hit Earth on Tuesday and potentially trigger a strong geomagnetic storm."

https://www.space.com/sun-coronal-mass-ejection-devoured-dark-eruption-smash-into-earth-july-18

Begin quote

A "cannibal" coronal mass ejection birthed from multiple solar storms, including a surprise "dark eruption," is currently on a collision course with Earth and could trigger a sizable geomagnetic storm on our planet when it hits on Tuesday (July 18).

A cannibal CME is created when an initial CME is followed by a second faster one. When the second CME catches up to the first cloud, it engulfs it, creating a single, massive wave of plasma.

On July 14, the sun launched a CME alongside a dark eruption — a solar flare containing unusually cool plasma that makes it look like a dark wave compared to the rest of the sun's fiery surface — from sunspot AR3370, a small dark patch that until then had gone largely unnoticed, according to Spaceweather.com. On July 15, a second, faster CME was launched from the much larger sunspot AR3363.

A simulation from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Space Weather Prediction Center showed that the second storm will catch up with the first CME and form a cannibalistic cloud, with a strong likelihood of it hitting Earth on July 18.

Cannibal CMEs are rare because they require successive CMEs that are perfectly aligned and traveling at specific speeds. But there have been several in the last few years.

In November 2021, a cannibal CME smashed into Earth, triggering one of the first major geomagnetic storms of the current solar cycle. Two more CMEs slammed into our planet in 2022, the first in March and another in August, but both only triggered minor G3-class storms.

Earth has already been hit by five G1 or G2 geomagnetic storms this year, including the most powerful storm for more than six years. These storms have superheated the thermosphere — the second-highest layer of Earth's atmosphere — to its highest temperature in more than 20 years.

End quote

[​IMG]

TMT Tactical likes this.
  20. Brownbear

410/460

Blog Posts:
    Yes indeed, and that is bound to cause tensions.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  21. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Well, the 18th has come and gone. Electricityy didn't go out. Didn't see aurora borealis.

Maybe Earth ducked this one.

TMT Tactical likes this.