Hunter Mauled By A Brown Bear

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Alaskajohn, Sep 9, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  2. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    He was very lucky. It raises a question for me. If the cubs were as large as they say would they not join in the attack? The article says the two cubs were almost as large as the mother. Wouldn't that put them at least 2-3 years old.? Would the cubs attack in a situation like that?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Morgan,

After reading the story and checking other reports, It looks like it was 2nd year cubs which wouldn't have been moms size yet. The cubs naturally back away from mom when she is in a defensive style attack, so they stay safe. Mom would have been chasing off the cubs this fall anyway.

Dale

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  4. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I thought it was close to the time Mom would have been pushing them off on their own. I didn't know if they would become aggressive on their own, or back off when Mom is in a confrontation.

TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  5. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    That is scary as hell!! I really do like being the top of the food chain. About the only critters that I have to worry about in East Texas are of the two-legged sort. That is why there are more 44mag handguns sold in Alaska than in any other State. The 45-70 guide guns sell well there too. I personally might have to carry a cut-down semiauto 12 ga shotgun full of slugs and buckshot. Alaska is like Australia and has too many mean critters. Our alligators are even friendly.

TMT Tactical likes this.