Hurricane Dorian Headed Towards Florida

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Snyper, Aug 28, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
  2. Snyper

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Some models show it affecting the entire East Coast of the US over a week long period.

3. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:
    Keep yer topknot and powder dry! Here's hoping Dorian changes its mind entirely and turns into a fish storm... But if it doesn't, you know what to do (even if you were blindfolded, lol).

TMT Tactical and Sonofliberty like this.
  4. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Snyper,

Appreciate alert.

Everything's just about ready here - except the stuff I always forget to do ! -

One thing done and will mention it here because it indirectly relates to the nearby thread on left-over bread cuisine, is a hurricane prep feature of mine. I store many French breads in the freezer section of the refrigerator. Often enough, there's some bread left over. With the pending hurricane, I place one of those "under the bed" storage bins near dining room table. I load the bin with several French breads thus precluding me from frequently opening the refrigerator in case my hectic errand schedule doesn't synchronize with power failures.

I like French bread.

Liberty, Equality, Fraternity, Lend Lease

5. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    Yeah they say Dorian is coming. Not sure if I buy it or not. It really depends on the Bermuda high. Either way, I am as ready as I can be.

6. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:

Just for you, I will huff and puff and blow that storm out of your way!!! Don't make me come down there, y'hear?

Sonofliberty and TMT Tactical like this.
  7. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    On the news this morning, Dorian is only a category 3 at present.
    Keith.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning all,

Do take note that the US hurricane scale is different than the European one. Thus, there's no universal standard measure.

The US model is named "Saffir Simpson Scale" measuring sustained wind change. Some (minor) changes were added to Saffir Simpson a few years ago.

The BETTER model, in my opinion, is the European model (Son of Liberty; Please don't tell Duke in Wales I wrote this.) They add the rain, the surge and some other aspects such as the actual size (area) of the hurricane.

For a few years the US Navy had a spin-off forecast model called "NOGAPS". Never understood it and had heard it was phased out.

My prepper philosophy is focused to the KISS doctrine: "Keep it simple, stupid!". If no trees collapse my BOP I'm in now, I don't want flood waters to make me in just as bad of shape.

Forget the stinging sand burning the face caused by the hurricane wind. Worry about the infections and disease from the flood waters.

10. Snyper

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Picture of Dorian's way:

64f460b05e955d62c4d95e318910b2b1.jpeg

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. Snyper

330/345

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical and Radar like this.
  13. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning all,

A note:

Do note that the US graphic presentations show the probable path of the hurricane.

These graphic presentations, like the ice cream cone outline, DO NOT show the size.

Dangers are also outside the the cone.

TMT Tactical and Radar like this.