From what I know sometimes bleach is used in small amounts to purify water. For small amounts Im talking about a single drop of bleach for maybe a quart of water. Obviously you don't want to use too much bleach as its toxic to ingest. Anyway, I was thinking, is it safe to use Hydrogen Peroxide for cleaning drinking containers. If I want to clean out a container that I will use to store water for drinking would it be advisable to use Hydrogen Peroxide? I do know Hydrogen Peroxide is sometimes used as bleach and I would not put any Hydrogen Peroxide directly in any water intended for drinking, I would just use it to clean the container and I would thoroughly rinse the container afterwards, before putting any drinking water in it.