New Member I am woman, hear me... cuss like a sailor while I scrape the corrosion off the solar batteries.

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Homanda Range, May 18, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Homanda Range

Homanda Range New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    The basics: I am a woman. My daddy taught me to take care of myself -- to neither depend on nor trust anyone else.

My better half and I own five rural acres, completely off the grid. We maintain a 3.5-kilowatt solar-panel system, a well, and a septic tank (in addition to the "indoor" facilities which need constant attention). We grow vegetables. We are prepared for wildfires. In short, we are prepared.

I am here because I do not believe in anyone but myself, my better half, and those who think as I do, to save ourselves when the worst happens (whatever "the worst" may be).

I am glad to be here, and hope I can contribute enough information and advice to make you all glad that I am here, too.

ukpreppergurl likes this.
  2. Lakeisha Brown

Lakeisha Brown New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I am also a woman but I'm in the military. Survival plays a bug part of my life both civilian and military. I know there will be a time where I will need to know everything there is to survive. The military has taught me a lot but not enough to live in a time of crisis. I trust God and family and I'm here trying to learn all I can.

3. ukpreppergurl

ukpreppergurl Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Welcome. I like the sound of your set up. In the UK we don't have the land nor the collective mentality for rural living, but it's a dream of mine to one day have a small homestead. I look forward to hearing more about your lifestyle and your preparedness.

4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    that's the trouble with the UK, we are an average of 4 generations removed from the land and most people don't have a clue as to grow even a few basic vegetables, they just go to the supermarket and buy them, don't think twice how they got there.

5. Lakeisha Brown

Lakeisha Brown New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Point well made. I just made a small garden in my back yard to learn how to grow vegetables. It is really important that people take into consideration how their food is being grown.

6. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    I have had very productive gardens in the past but right now the neighbours trees provide too much shade to grow much!
    I look forward to growing once again!

7. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Lol off grid here allso clean your connectuons again then coat them with grease vasoline or any kind of a spray sealer for electric contacts this will slow down the mess

8. BeautifullyBree

BeautifullyBree Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    Your place sounds awesome. Plenty of acres for a nice garden. Im very interested in learning about solar power. I haven't managed to do much learning yet though. Can't wait to read some material by you.