New Member I Did It Took To Long But Here I Am

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by NRAPAL, Feb 5, 2018.

0/5, 0 votes

1. NRAPAL

NRAPAL New Member
      6/29

Blog Posts:
    This my first time with this so bare with me , I'm just starting to learn about what to do with my family when all goes tits up.... I need help to get us up to speed with all this and I hope I can lean on everyone to guide me though it all to teach us and live . thank you and nice to meet you all

TMT Tactical, lonewolf and Keith H. like this.
    1. Ystranc
      Bare with me? Is that a Freudian slipo_O I hope you meant bear with me;)

Ystranc, Feb 22, 2023
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good day, & welcome to this forum.
    Keith.

3. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Prioritize in order of necessity. The rule of 3s is a good place to start. This is my version but I'm not the originator of the idea.

3 seconds...that is how long you will have to bring your gun or weapon into play if you are attacked. If you are too slow you are dead. The quick and the dead is reality in some situations.

3 minutes...that is how long you can go without air. Learn how to swim or stay away from water. Also you might think about some form of mask. smoke or even massive dust can kill you. At least have some dust masks on hand.

3 hours...that is about how long you will live when the cold or heat starts to kill you. Shelter in a MUST. If it is cold you need shelter and FIRE. In the heat you need SHADE. Hats are a must if you are going to be in the sun.

3 days...that is about how long people live without water. You have to have it and unless you want to die you need to know how to find it and almost as important how to make it safe to drink. Bad water leads to dysentery and is just a slightly slower death than not having any water at all!

3 weeks...That is how long most people can go without food before they start to break down and starve to death. UNDERSTAND, you don't die in 3 weeks but you start staring and will die. This is important to understand. Three weeks without food makes you week but not dead. The human body is tough and food is not a major immediate priority.

3 months...Humans are not made to be alone. After 3 months most people will begin to suffer from being isolated. There is a reason why putting people in solitary confinement is a torture.

3 years...By this time if you are still just surviving you are probably a dead man walking. Surviving is stressful!! It means that you are under threat and constantly trying to be alert. As soon as possible you need to settle down stop surviving and start living. People that stay in full on survival mode for too long usually never come out of it. PTSD can happen a lot faster than 3 years but if it goes that long you are lost.

The last three goes like this and concerns the MUST have things like knives, ways to make fire and water purification...1 is NONE...2 is SOME and 3 MIGHT BE ENOUGH!!! When it comes to fire and water I usually go for overkill!

The biggest secret to survival is actually rather simple. Sit down and imagine all the things that could go wrong and then think about what you would need to survive and prosper under those conditions. FORETHOUGHT will separate the quick from the dead in a hurry. You want to be the one ACTING when something happens not the one trying to decide what to do and then just reacting without a lot of thought. I call it the "What if" game and then write down what I need and what I need to know and then find out where to get the KNOWLEDGE and the TOOLS that will allow you to survive.

4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I would say start simply, get a few extra cans every time you go shopping and start building your food stockpile, but SLOWLY, SHTF isnt going to happen tomorrow or even next week.
    next is water, you need to have someway of accessing drinking water when the mains are off, a few gallon bottles of water as a back up supply is good, they need to be in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight, a water filter is a good thing to have, I personally prefer the Sawyer.

5. Max rigger

Max rigger Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    LW, the thread is five years old

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    To a wise man, 5 years is but an eye-blink.

It takes decades and decades past age 21 to actually begin to truly understand human nature. I keep shirts longer than 5 years. One pair of boots I had lasted 30 years -- I cleaned and polished them.

The West is lost. It has become a teenager. The people do not respect their elders is but one sign of Western ignorance.

The rest of the world respects the gathering of knowledge by those who have lived many decades. American Natives, the First People deeply respect their elders. This is also true in Asian cultures.

The knowledge concerning this science or that perpetually changes. The character of Wisdom is changeless.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/cultures-where-elders-revered-pam-moorhouse

Last edited: Feb 21, 2023
    TMT Tactical and lonewolf like this.
  7. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    so what?

TexDanm and TMT Tactical like this.
  8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    one third of the UK population do not know Winston Churchill was our Prime Minister during WW2 , they also dont know when The Battle of Britain took place, or even what years WW2 started and finished. stupid, stupid, stupid.

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. Old Geezer
      Same here. However in urban areas among minorities, history is some sort perverted blur. The perversion of history is intentional and intended to cause blacks to feel like victims and for blacks to consider whites to be the enemy. Example: They are not told that over 600,000 white soldiers died during the Civil War and that this was because the North / Lincoln wanted to end slavery. They are not taught about how Southerners who opposed slavery helped sent run-away slaves head north (The Underground Railroad).

Old Geezer, Feb 22, 2023
  9. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
    Why should they know really. Talking to my young nephew yes they look at WW1 and WW2 and other historical era's such as Viking and Roman. Teaching history in School is more about raising historical awareness and if that triggers and interest in the pupil hopefully they'll go and learn in more depth in their own time and this applies to the majority of topics. The kids are not stupid, they learn different things than you did all those years ago, times change LW.

1. TMT Tactical
      Those who fail to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it. If you want to understand modern day China, read about the Qin dynasty.

TMT Tactical, Feb 22, 2023
      Old Geezer and Max rigger like this.
  10. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    its not just kids, its adults too. its part of our history how can they not know? its not ancient history its within normal life expectancy. some of the people that took part in WW2 are still with us, dont they watch remembrance day on the tv?
    shows how things have slipped I suppose, different things are important these days, knowing one's own country's history is apparently not one of them, which is why Woke has managed to slip into everyday things like rewriting children's books.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
    LW, not slipped, just moved on. WW2 finished in 1945, seventy eight years ago, if you were 18 in 1939 you be over 100 years old now. Kids know we had world wars and rightly so but there is simply no need for them to study it in detail.

I went to the same grammar school my father went to and he could not believe I would not be learning Latin as he had to and that I had the option to study French, German or Spanish and all he had was a French option.

Christmas I had the chance to really talk to my nephew and niece (14 and 9) when they came to Spain and truth be told I was staggered at how bright and aware they were and my own lad is the same.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    History --- Most schools will teach that an event happen and the time frame for the event. They seldom deal in-depth into the cause and affect of the event. Historical events should be investigate and learned from, not just taught it happen.

Old Geezer likes this.
    1. Old Geezer
      At university, I had a Geography professor who was a Navy officer during WWII. He spoke multiple languages. He took us around the world and guided us in learning what started wars in each region on Earth. It was all about Earth resources; clean water, fertile soil, ocean passages / choke points / straits, natural barriers, ...

Old Geezer, Feb 23, 2023
      TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    True students of history know that WWI morphed into WWII and that we are currently morphing into WWIII.

NATO was created right after WWII. Several generals, most notably Patton, wanted to just march on to take-out the USSR communist hierarchy. He said that if we didn't do it now, i.e. 1945, that we'd inevitably have to fight Russian in the future. He knew that the USSR/Russia would become a super-power and the enemy of the West.

The medical students, physiology students, anatomy students, pharmacology students, ..., who've studied Latin are better prepared than those who have not. Wish I had.

In History studies, a couple of centuries is a blip in time.

People must know about previous centuries, previous millennia, else they are base idiots unqualified to vote.

lonewolf and TMT Tactical like this.
  14. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Ignorance seems to be somehow the chosen life style of most young people these days. LOL I imagine that has been said about every generation since man left the caves. I think that our "safe" easy lifestyle is slowly degenerating our gene pool. In the distant past the lazy or stupid starved to death during hard times and the survival rate of their offspring was abysmal.

Now we take care of them and in some ways encourage them to breed like rats. People that can't support themselves should be only allowed to have two kids PERIOD. It's ugly but just how many people with a low IQ, lack of any moral guidance, and/or a propensity for unprovoked violence do we need?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    before the advent of the welfare state anyone who refused to work starved to death, now we pay them to breed.
    its a crazy mixed up world.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  16. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Sadly, these days, in the US and most first world nations, we are steadily DE-evolving or at least evolving in a different direction than in the past. NOW, the most successful from a survival point of view are the people on welfare that are popping out babies as fast as they can. Meanwhile in the middle to upper income levels the number of children born per family is steadily falling. More and more couples are choosing not to have any kids or one at the most.

Having kids that you can't support when you are ALREADY on welfare should be a felony! At the very least it is child abuse and theft. They are STEALING millions of dollars from people that work for a living. They should be either locked up or sterilized. I hate to think how many useless, stupid, lazy, people that our Grandkids are going to be saddled with to support.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    people on welfare here pop out another kid so they can increase their benefits, stupidity by the govt or what!

TMT Tactical and TexDanm like this.
  18. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Instead of GIVING people welfare we SHOULD give them a job. If they have kids and refuse to work when given a job we should lock them up and then after a year or two steralize them and let them out. If they still don't support their kids lock them back up and ONLY feed them in relation to their work. No work, no food. After a week if they still won't work cut off the water and then they either work or we allow them to die. No great loss...

TMT Tactical likes this.
  19. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Illegals from Mexico and Central America imagine that they can turn a dollar here in the States by finding jobs, legal or illegal.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  20. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    illegals here are not allowed to work whilst their case is being heard, any that do can be arrested and often are.

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. TMT Tactical
      So if they are not allowed to work, is the tax payer being forced to support them?

TMT Tactical, Feb 26, 2023
  21. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    It's illegal in America to hire illegal aliens, however tens of millions of them still get hired by legal companies and illegal operations. If Immigration Services shows up during a crop harvest, half the workers run away. Same at other "legal" businesses.

When money is involved, people will do whatever they can get by with. If there are too few cops to enforce laws, then whatever happens, happens. Most people don't "just follow the law" if the law is stupid or gets in their way. Anyway, that's how it is on this side of the Atlantic.

Most middle-class folk will follow laws if the laws make sense. Most reasonable, genetically-intact folk don't go around stealing things. That is unfair and they wouldn't want it to happen to them. We humans are wired to want to be included in a group and that involves cohesiveness behaviors. This kept our "caveman" ancestors alive -- same with other mammalian creatures. No group, you get eaten by a predator or a pack of predators; you get sick or injured, no one takes care of you until you get better. If you offend the group, you get tossed-out. If you steal from the group, you get seriously injured or killed. Caveman culture IS a culture, however brutal.

Even the uncivilized here in Amerika form packs called "gangs". Human Nature 101

TMT Tactical likes this.
  22. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    forget cavemen, modern humans cant survive alone because they have been programmed for generations to rely on the system, when that system collapses they die. they dont know how to survive alone.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  23. Max rigger

415/460

Blog Posts:
    We're not loaners LW, humans learned early on the value of the tribe, the team so if it hits the fan its not a question of lone survival, the question for 99.99999% of people will be "what group will I join", thats plain logic and common sense.

Took the plunge/financial hit and the home in Spain will be off the power grid before Friday.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  24. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    thats okay if the rest of "the tribe" has skills that help survival , other wise their all in sh#t street together when SHTF happens, which is pretty much what will happen with modern humans once all the services shut down.
    I gave up on other people years ago because I'd been let down so often and I've got no time for idiots, and post SHTF will be no different.
    and its Loners not Loaners.:D
    to be fair I think most if not all "groups" in the UK will be family units, maybe extended family but family none the less, post SHTF is not the time to start trusting strangers, that could be fatal.
    maybe at a later date, much later, some form of local "tribal" set up could emerge, tribal in this sense could be anyone who is local and has lived in the area for a number of years, but that is for the future.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  25. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I see Church groups pulling together.

The South is a culture unto itself. Outsiders find things strange here. We are great at helping-out each other and even strangers; but when angered, can go violent quickly, and then hold a grudge for generations. Witness the pleasant phenomenon of feuds. Post SHTF, this place will shut down, circle the wagons. Outsiders will not be accepted. I still here my own say, "Damned Yankees!" The first Civil war has been over for a time now ... but not so much in the South. Those who have moved into rural Appalachia will be shunned post SHTF. High skill-set people may not be booted out, even if they have a Yankee accent.

I see the fancy houses of rich outsiders being taken-over for other uses. Those huge gaudy houses could be used for clinics, for warehousing, old folks homes, ... In the area from which I came, profoundly few slaves were owned and those who owned them didn't go to local churches. Big houses were often "coach houses", a small place for travelers to stay; tavern, beds, and a stable to take care of the horses. The mine owners had big houses.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  26. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    City groups coming together will just be prolonging the inevitable. How many would have the knowledge, tools and seeds needed to sustain a group? How many would have would have enough food and water to sustain them until a harvest could be made? Rural groups may form up and have a chance of survival but the city folks are doomed. Even in rural areas, you do not want to be the "New Guy" on the block.

Old Geezer likes this.
    1. Old Geezer
      The ONLY city groups who could come out ahead are sociopathic gangs. They wouldn't be able to coordinate via internet nor cell-phone connections -- only face to face. These would pillage in ever-widening / lengthening ranges due to resource run-outs. Fuel from gas stations would be gone quickly, therefore we're talking puncturing vehicle gas tanks -- this, they are already doing. Urban areas have population densities than will not be able to sustain without MAJOR high-tech support ... and all that will be dead meat.

Old Geezer, Feb 27, 2023
      TMT Tactical likes this.
  27. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Cities cannot sustain themselves without food coming in from outside and waste being removed beyond the city.
    cities cannot grow enough food to feed their inhabitants and water mains would be shut down.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  28. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    in the south west of England, a recognized tourist area, there are many "second homes" or holiday rental properties, all along the south coast, post collapse I can see these being taken over by squatters aka city refugees. probably local squatters as I cant see big city people getting very far without fuel i.e. walking.

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. Old Geezer
      I bet more Devon locals will "move up" to those second homes. You don't own that which you cannot protect. There are all manner of ritzy mansions up in the mountains of Southern Appalachia. Why? Ski resorts. Private airports no less. If the owners are Yankees, too bad, so sad. Billy Joe-Bob's family and his cousin's family are going to take-over the 6+ bedroom mansions.
      https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=ski+resort+mansions+mountains+tennessee+north-carolina&qs=n&form=QBIR&sp=-1&lq=0&pq=ski resort mansions mountains tennessee north-carolina&sc=0-54&cvid=0C1B513F4F3944F6A1934B127DFD1168&ghsh=0&ghacc=0&first=1&cw=1393&ch=871

Last edited: Feb 28, 2023
      Old Geezer, Feb 28, 2023