I Feel the Heat

Discussion in 'Climate Change' started by ziskasun, Jun 18, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. ziskasun

ziskasun New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I will just start by saying that I am not one who believes that "climate change" is caused by "global warming." That being said, what I do think is that climate change is more likely the result of heavy chemtrail activity for decades and also possibly changes in our atmosphere and solar system. I was reading a report on USA Today entitled " Dangerous Heat Wave forecast for Southwest, Plains" (from June 15th) This report states that even though it is typical to have dry weather this time of year, it is not typical for temperatures to be so high this time of year. It also mentions the extraordinary number of wildfires in the same areas. Well, it is an interesting article. I think it is an indicator of things to come. I've lived in warm climates and cooler climates but I know something is weird when a month ago when it was only 70 degrees outside and even so, when the sun hits my skin it feels scorching hot. Now today, it is above 100 were I live and the sun/heat is unbearable.

2. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    Some years ago when there was the hype of global warming and climate change, we just ignored those warnings because it is not credible to us. We felt that those guys were just trying to get attention. However, in the recent years, we noticed the climate change because of our fruit trees. They seem to be changing the season of fruiting. Take for example the dragon fruit in our front yard, in the earlier years of the 2000 decade, the plant was bearing flowers before the month of June. But in the recent years the flowers arrive by September. That's about 3 months delayed.

We recently had a drought from February to May this year. And the most visible effect is our mango tree which gave us a harvest in February and this month of June gave us the second harvest which was very prolific. Mango tree loves the heat, you know. But some of our plants seem to refuse bearing fruits. The 2 sugar apple tree have no flowers since so many months when they usually have flowers and fruits all year round. If any indication, those plants are telling us of the climate change we are currently experiencing.

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Expert Member
      146/173

Blog Posts:
    I'm really confused when it comes to climate changes, last summer here in Romania was pretty chilly with consistant rain throughout it. This year it's been raining as well but the temperatures have gone off the grid (today was really hot, 36 degrees celsius here in Bucharest). I personally don't believe in global warming, it's a mixture of chemicals and polution that takes a toll on the weather.

4. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    We have been feeling the hear already in North Central Texas. Already we have had humidity and heat that has ranged fro 103 to 106. We usually feel this in late July. I hope this is a fluke. If not, no telling how hot it will be in August.

5. Toast

Toast New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I'm not sure it's something you can really feel, but there has been steady climbing in global climate for years now. Scientifically, each year ends up being more and more hot than the last. Scientists end up calling every new year, "The hottest year ever". This isn't really a trend I'm looking forward too, but it hasn't been too bad for me. I've been sitting tight in my ac ventilated room, and I don't think I've even have temperatures above 90 degrees outside thus far. Remember people, just because there's still cold days, doesn't mean there's no climate changes.

6. Valerie

Valerie Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    I think rather than "global warming" we are experiencing a complete "climate change." Global warming is confusing terminology, because it doesn't just mean getting hotter. It means increased levels of heat as well as alterations to common weather patterns. For example, less transition time between Winter and Summer. There used to be a Spring and Autumn where I am from in New Jersey. Now there's just summer, like a week of fall, and winter. The weather has been gradually changing for a long while now. In recent years, the differences have been obvious across the globe. Older people say, "It never used to be like this when I was a kid." I believe they're correct.

Still, whether or not it's a natural pattern that the Earth goes through or if it's caused by human meddling, the climate change is real.

7. greymanila

greymanila Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    Whether you believe it is caused by humans or not there really is a change in the climate. Where we're from, about 30 years ago, we would get hit by a supertyphoon (category 4 to 5 hurricane) every ten years. Now, we get two or three every year.

8. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The one thing that you can depend on is that weather changes. You have hot periods and cold periods and wet periods and dry periods. We have actually lived in one of the gentlest periods as far as the climate in human history. What do you think wiped out the Mayans and all the other many ancient civilizations all over the world. People build big cities in places that are good places to live and then the climate changes and they have to leave and their culture collapses. I live in the East Texas Piney woods. One of the things that is interesting to me is that a lot of the little communities and old settlements here have names like Roans Prairie and Crabbs Prairie and Slones Prairie...but they aren't on prairies. If you look into the past though and also look at the forests here you quickly figure out that 50 to 60 years ago these places WERE in the prairie but the weather changed and as it got wetter the pine trees moved in. One you realize this you then realize that there are no older trees in the forests because the forest in most areas is only about 40 years old.

There is big money in bad news. That is why you have all these preachers talking about the end times. MONEY!! If you really believe that the world is soon to come to an end why do you even need money? I remember when they were telling us that we were heading into another ice age. LOL. I'll tell you, I'll start worrying when a weatherman can tell me what the weather is going to do today much less in what it is going to do in 25 or 50 years.

10 years ago when we had Katrina and Rita they told us that this was going to be the way it was going to be from now on with lots and lots of hurricanes...ten years and there hadn't been a major storm land in the lower 48 states. NOT EVER ONE!! We had a drought in Texas a few years ago and they told us that this was part of a 60 year cycle and we would be bone dry from now on. Since then we have had three century floods and now with Harvey a Millennial flood. At one point Dallas, Houston San Antonio and Austin were all flooded at the same time!! That is like having the entire original 13 colonies flooded at the same time...Texas is BIG.

Don't let them fool you they don't have a clue about what the weather is going to do in the long term. Personally I think that it is about to get warmer. I base this on the fact that historically we are due a hot dry period. This isn't the end of the world it just means we will have to make a few changes and adapt. Personally if someone lays on the beach for 25 years and the rising water drowns them it is no loss to the gene pool.

They will always be trying to panic people so they can make money "researching it" so they can save us. Remember when the hole in the ozone layer was going to give us all skin cancer?? NOT!!!

9. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    weather here seems to be the same all year these days, seasons slip by without any change in the weather, we get more rain now that I seem to remember as a kid, but maybe that's just a case of getting older.

10. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    It is amazing how the seasons seem to fly by as you get older isn't it? Over the last decade or two the weather here has been variable to the point of almost being unbelievable. We had a year of drought and fires in a place that had never had that in the last 50 or 60 years. We have had several winters without a single real freeze. We went ten years without a single hurricane now Harvey has made up for that. In an area that never has snow we had one winter when it fluffy little flakes were falling every time you turned around. Only one with enough accumulation for my grand baby to play in. We have had three century floods and this Harvey thousand year flood...Yeppers that is in general typical Texas weather. We have always had a lot of interesting weather here. We are about past due for another wild tornado season. I think that it has to do with the geography here. The Gulf Stream feeds hot water on to our coast year around. When that runs head on to cooler fronts coming down from the north west it just gets a little...feisty. This can happen in any month of the year. I sort of like our weather. It is wild and interesting.

11. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I live in the south west of England, the bit down the bottom that sticks out into the Atlantic, that's where most of our weather comes from, its usually wet and windy.
    last snow I saw was winter of 2009, we have a mild climate and a long growing season down here, our usual weather is rain and lots of it, consequently there is never a serious drought problem down here.