Identifying Food; New Names Can Make It Edible

Discussion in 'Finding, Identifying, and Preparing Food' started by Pragmatist, Feb 9, 2021.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cornwall-55996938

Good morning all,

Above link shows 2 purposes. One is a name change to increase a food source sale. Another purpose is to end or, at least, dillute the cartel controls over markets.

Per BBC link, spider crab to become Cornish King Crab. Magrim sole renamed to Cornish sole.

Somewhere here in extended family ... nice way of never seeing it again ... is a 1937 AGO (Adjutant General's Office of US Army) is an Army Regulation stating that in Alaska Territory on red socheye salmon is allowed for human consumption. All other salmon species only for dogs. Today, all salmon is expensive and canned mackeral is also.

Thus, for the purposes of preparedness, it is advantageous to research one's area and realistic evac areas to determine what is really available for human consumption - and how to harvest / prepare. From a fading memory, I remember in some areas "rock fish" became a new name for shark.

Factor in the realities that when a SHTF situation, there won't be be opportunities for fishing on the Chesapeake Bay. Don't even think of spearfishing near LOOP Louisiana.

This BBC article offers much value to the Prepper community's advanced - level planners. The article is definitely no red herring.

======

This quarantine lockdown is fatiguing me. Haven't been to a Chinese restaurant in ages. After inventory of my recently acquired salt supply and shelved away, had noticed my small supply of malt vinegar. I am now in the mood for some fish and chips wrapped in newspapers. Of course all this is, to use a Southern-origin term ,"Gone With The Wind".

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    there is a EU ban on shellfish from the UK, most of this is exported but due to Brexit there is a ban in place.
    we probably dont eat enough fish in this country, places like Looe, Brixham, Newlyn and Plymouth are fishing ports, but most people eat fish fingers and battered fish from the supermarkets not fresh fish off the boats.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Interesting, Lonewolf.

Here, too, diets are as unhealthy as can be. Only a small segment of the population places emphasis on diet.

I still hold off on researching the BREXIT - EU interface. Cannot understand as yet the Northern Ireland, UK and Ifrish Republic "back door" deal. Soon enough, some good examples will arrive on the scene to get an understanding.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Irish Republic sometimes called Eire is a seperate country, not in the UK but in the EU.
    Northern Ireland IS in the UK, so there is a problem moving goods from the EU side to the UK side, there needs to be checks but a border is not required checks can be done digitally not physically, but the EU are using the subject to punish the UK for leaving the bloc, same with shellfish.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    It was tragic for both the U.S. Citizens as well as the U.K. Citizens when the political coup took place in the United States last November . Donald Trump was wanting to help U.K. Citizens extend their freedom . The new U.S. regime is looking to achieve Agenda 21 and control not only the U.S. citizens but the entire world . I am sure U.K. citizens just like U.S. Citizens are being feed a steady diet of Communist propaganda through controlled news outlets . Strange how many people will believe a lie if it is written down on paper . Playing word games to coax people to do as those wanting to be the king wishes them to do is being seen played routinely .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    British media is fawning over Biden its nauseating to watch.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Lonewolf,

Understand.

One term that I read here about this EU-UK interface on the Island is "backdoor". Whether it's a manual customs inspection or a document only clearance why would it be any different than for example elsewhere ?

I view this "backdoor" as the safety value to allow the politicians to survive.

TMT Tactical likes this.