If аll thе DNа in а pеrsоn's bоdy disаppеаrеd, hоw lоng wоuld thаt pеrsоn survivе?

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by Goodman, Jul 1, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Goodman

Goodman New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    What do you think?
    Thе еffесts wоuld bе vеry similаr tо а full-bоdy еxpоsurе tо а vеry high rаdiаtiоn sоurсе. Rаdiаtiоn kills by dаmаging оr dеstrоying thе DNа in yоur сеlls, rеndеring thеm unаblе tо rеpаir оr rеpliсаtе. Thаt’s why pеоplе whо hаvе bееn еxpоsеd tо high rаdiаtiоn tеnd tо suffеr frоm vоmiting аnd diаrrhеа - thе сеlls lining thе gаstriс trасt tеnd tо livе shоrt livеs аnd diе vеry quiсkly, саusing thеsе issuеs whеn thе shоrt-living сеlls аrе unаblе tо rеgrоw.
    аnywаy, pеоplе with sеvеrе rаdiаtiоn siсknеss diе within 1–2 dаys. Sо I’d аssumе thе sаmе wоuld аpply tо sоmеоnе whоsе DNа vаnishеd mystеriоusly.

2. jeager

jeager Master Survivalist
      272/345

Blog Posts:
    ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

Dreadful thought.
    I don't know how d.n.a. would "disappear" though.

3. lonewolf

lonewolf Legendary Survivalist Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    if you didn't have DNA I don't think you'd exist.

4. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    GREY GOO
    comes to mind

5. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    All proteins are manufactured via DNA code. Messenger RNA xfers the code to the protein manufacturing machinery in every cell of your body.

Damaged nucleic acid sequences = disaster and rather quickly so

No DNA = space alien invasion

6. jeager

jeager Master Survivalist
      272/345

Blog Posts:
    - Immediate Nausea and vomiting
    - Heavy diarrhea
    - Severe headache and fever, leading to seizures, tremors, and shock
    - Total loss of muscle control

No medical intervention possible.

Death within 48 hours.

https://www.quora.com/What-would-happen-if-you-lost-DNA

Was there any doubt death would follow quickly and nasty?
    Now another question:
    What could cause all of a persons d.n.a. to die or be destroyed????

Radiation poisoning perhaps?
    I suspect so.
    Thoughts?

7. Correy

Correy Expert Member
      141/149

Blog Posts:
    That's about the only thing that can instantly destroy all of a person's DNA. No virus or poison can do that. Mind you, you don't need all that much radiation to die instantly, since all it takes is for ratiation to inflict damage on the DNA of the nervous system. That much radiation would fry most other vital cells too.

According to radiation exposure tables, 3000 mSv of radiation can mean instant death sentence. If you're lucky you'll pass out and won't feel a thing, because death sets in in a matter of hours.

Without a functional nucleus (the DNA) cells begin a process of breaking down automatically. Or as Arkane accurately put it:

8. Aleksi

Aleksi New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    If you didn't have DNA your cells would have nothing in the nucleus, nothing would multiply and the cells would start dying because they don't have anything to do. You have to have DNA because it is the genetic code for life, and then there would be no point for RNA, which replicates DNA (long story). DNA is the memory that is used to replicate cells, without that you would die, I don't know how fast but you will die.