If God Is In Charge, Why Prep?

Discussion in 'Religion, Religious Views, and Life After Death' started by GrizzlyetteAdams, Mar 11, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Watcherchris,

Yes, it's all related. Besides King George's colonial matters, the Continent received much, if not most, of the attention.

The England versus France "routine" was perhaps the foundation for the rest, to include the colonies. France had lost the Seven Years' War. In 1782, Lord North and his team resigned. King George continued to reigh until 1820 - but he did not govern. Parliament was in charge.

Yes, the colonies were taxed and then received additional tax requirements. From what I understand, even with the new, additional taxes, the English colonialists were taxed LESS than the English in Europe's merry old England. I can get to my notes (a/k/a kindling for fires) now but recall the colonialists were represented in Parliament. They just didn't like the results.

Much I do not know.

An aside; The famous / infamous tea tax, giving the history book the "Boston Tea Party", also had symbolic additional "tea parties". The York port (area now called Yorktown) had a "tea party" and so, too, some of the other Virginia ports.

I'm not a tea-drinker but am now in the mood for another coffee...perhaps at Ed Lloyd's coffee shop in London. I'm sure Lloyd's of London was doing good and thriving.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Pragmatist,

I did not catch this at first...but I got it now...

Here...very important to thinking Americans...however few....

Amendments one through ten are limits on government. To govern the Government...limited government.

Amendments 1 through ten in particular are to.... "bind the government with the Chains of the Constitution."

Amendments 1 through 10 are limits or restrictions on government.

I believe this is seldom taught to students in public schools now days.

This is a very important distinction and separates this government from so many out there.

Hence it is important to internationalism...that the people never know this about "Limited Government."

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Son of Liberty,

Yes, officially started in 1776, a secessionist movement. Ditto for the US "Civil War".

Next; requires much care and pondering.

SCOTUS, the Supremes, was not an institution accepted by all. SCOTUS was leaving jurisprudence and entering the legislative arena. Legal documents do not determine governmental arrangements; Napoleon 12 pounders do.

Am not commenting on the current, non-history aspects you've presented other than to mention that without large societies, sufficient amounts of funds cannot be collected for warfare. This is how Hamilton and his new industrial capital beat out Jefferson and his large-scale farmers.

Sonofliberty and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Watcherchris,

Much, much, much has changed since the early 1800s.

In reality, public education (includes the publicly-financed "private" (LMAO) educational establishments are less about education and more so a "cash cow" enterprise for those not shopkeepers, miners, railroad workers, soldiers, sailors, stevedores, ...

The better common-denominator to use - at least for me - is to look at the wealth transfers. This was visible in the 1800s and even in current times although hidden from easy view.

TMT Tactical likes this.