If You Could Improve Any Of Your Senses... Which One Would You Choose?

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by WildSpirit, Jul 17, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    2b112b2b1f9046c7835b68bff4d98fa0.jpeg
    Sight/Vision... Hearing... Touch... Smell... Palate, these are our human senses :) (and they are all very important to us). It's scientifically proven that we can improve if we train them. But obviously it's not something that so easy to achieve (it takes a lot of training). Have you ever tried to improve any of them by some kind of training?

Or if you could just choose which one to improve... Which one would you choose? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  2. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Sight. I used to have perfect vision, now age is creeping up on me.

3. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    My hearing some day i will get hearung aids bt for now i ejoy the quiet mrs throws stuff at me to get me to look and listen ag she has good aim !!!

Ystranc likes this.
  4. texsun54

texsun54 Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I would like to improve hearing. What I hear I hear well, my problem is tinnitus, though I can for most part ignore the ringing as long as I keep some background noise going. Problem is I can't hear sounds in the same tone as the ringing, and the idea that I just don't hear something is disturbing, especially since I don't realize I am not hearing it until someone mentions a beeper going off or they ask me what that sound is and I never heard it.

5. airfightermax

airfightermax Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    Would like to improv by hearing as well, it would be a great benefit especially in the wild! You'll know where things are by listening where they come from!

But I think having super hearing in the city would get pretty old real quick. It will be too loud and will get very annoying fast!

6. Scarlet

Scarlet Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I would chose to improve vision because I used to have a perfect vision until my teen years but it started to decline. They say that eyes are the windows of the soul so it's the first thing that I will prioritize to improve. I have seen good eye massage exercises online and it relaxes my eyes when tired.

7. RosieCheeks

RosieCheeks New Member
      6/29

Blog Posts:
    Well, my choice would definitely be a vision, because I am a short-sighted person. I don`t wear glasses or lenses because I don`t like them. Rather I prefer healing it naturally with exercises and Ayurvedic drops. If I could see the world clearly, it would contribute a lot to my happiness.

8. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    I don't know if this is going to get you better and it will make you face this problem in a better way, but... Don't worry, because age comes to everyone at some point. :p

9. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    So... In your case I think improve hearing it would an amazing update! ;) But from what you've commented, it doesn't seem to bother you so much... Or am I wrong? :confused:

10. yunken

yunken New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    It is very obvious that sight is what I will go for, the rest will follow later. Your sight they say, is your world. Not being able to see is just as if you are leaving in a world that doesn't exist, cos everything will seem imaginary to you.
    I will choose sight ten time over the others.

11. J5877

J5877 New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Hearing. I have been playing music since third grade and professionally since I was 16. Way to many amps loud and drums( I played both).
    Next would be my sight, I wear mild glasses but hate wearing them.

12. omegaman

omegaman Expert Member
      123/173

Blog Posts:
    My eyesight. We have small children so smell and hearing is not on the top of my wishlist.

13. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    My sixth sense. I want to be psychic. I'm not. Get blindsided perpetually. I want to be psychic. And rich.

14. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Well since I wear glasses I guess I would go for an upgrade on that but since we are imagining that we could wish it I would also step my already exceptional night vision up a few notches. I wouldn't mind having wolf ears either.

15. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    my hearing and smell are pretty good, but seeing as I wear glasses I would go for a sight upgrade.