If You Made A List Of What Is Important In Your Life Today, How Far Down Would Prepping Be....???

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by Sourdough, Feb 6, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    People talk about prepping as if it was important, but most have hundreds and maybe thousands of things that are really more important to them then prepping.

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    well up on the list, maybe not top of the list but near the top.
    the top of my list is FOOD!!

3. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I think of prepping as a life style. It is always in my mind, kind of like the OPSEC process.

I don't prioritize it. It is just there; like a belief system.

4. coffee

coffee Expert Member
      170/173

Blog Posts:
    For me, it is now, and forever will be:
    1st - God
    2nd - Family
    3rd - Prepping
    4th - Friends
    5th - Community
    6th - Country

5. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    1) Wife
    2) Prepping
    3) Family

Everything else will fit in as needed.

6. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I looked at the comments that came before mine and they all sounded very good, plus they sounded like something I'd say myself. Therefore, I've nothing to add.

Thanks!

7. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    Prepping has been a pattern of daily living as a kid. My parents were both born at the early stages of the Great Depression in deep Appalachia. They never called what the did as prepping but it’s what they did. From them I learned how to raise and grow my food, how to can food, how to repurpose what most people call trash, how to fix thing, how to think for myself, etc.

For me, prepping is a lifestyle a part of what I consider a “trinity” of sorts with God, Family and Preparedness as the trinity.

8. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    1. Necessities
    2. Pleasures
    3. Insurance
    This is where most of my money goes. Insurance includes prepping and savings along with regular insurance protecting my family from foreseeable disasters. Fortunately many of my preparations also fall into my pleasures category.

9. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Living off grid as I do, prepping is pretty high on my list. Prepping means that I am looking ahead to what could happen, & therefore by prepping I am also looking after my whole family. Sure I have other interests, but nothing is more important than survival. Even my 18th century living history interests are connected with prepping & survival.
    Keith.

The Innkeeper and TMT Tactical like this.
  10. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    My life and life style doesn't distinguish "pure" preparedness for other matters.

I grew up in a social environment where "survival" related to the downed aviator adrift on a life raft in the South Pacific until rescued a week later, some DPs - displaced persons - fleeing to a location where they would not be killed or placed in slavery during WWII, ... . Storm candles were treated like groceries. Extra water jugs and the extra Thermos was part of "groceries"/food.

My daily life revolves around the basic groups: food, clothing, shelter. Food incorporates stockpiling and the ability for stockpile to be transportable in case I must flee the dragon (Asian culture), flee the bear, the wolf (European culture) or flee the barbarian hoards (American culture).

I am "on grid" with the experienced ability to live and thrive "off grid".

My big addition to the basics is serving as an emergency responder. This is akin to being an auxiliary sentinel on the city wall.

The Innkeeper and TMT Tactical like this.
  11. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    as I am always looking long term prepping is always at the top of my list.

12. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    At my household preparedness is being ramped up again. Some long term foods are nearing their expiration dates so they will need to be rotated and replaced. We are constantly upgrading our preps and continuing to expand on the level of preparedness we are at though. Keeping a close eye on the economy. While we are all being told it is great there are signs in the bond market and elsewhere that say a different possibility. Inverted yield curves are very concerning for one thing. Food prices are on a heavy upswing and considering the flooding that has been happening in the mid-west food prices will continue to rise anyway. Meat may be in for a dramatic rise due to shortages and losses of cattle recently.