Ignoring Obvious Safety Advice

Discussion in 'Safety' started by Pragmatist, Feb 5, 2021.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The following is another example of an article that is leaving out some core-critical safety information.

I could rant on and on about firearms safety. It royally angers me when some dumb@$$ pulls a stupid and gets someone hurt or killed. This makes all gun-owners look bad.

After quoting part of this article, I'm going to point out some safety issues.

" ‘Rust’ armorer posed with live rounds in box of blanks on set, jurors hear as trial opens "

https://nypost.com/2024/02/22/us-ne...rrez-reeds-trial-opens-with-damning-evidence/

Begin quote

Damning evidence kicked off the involuntary manslaughter trial against “Rust” armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed Thursday, as jurors reviewed photos of live rounds found on the set.

Special prosecutor Jason Lewis said investigators combed through movie set photos, determining there were six live rounds that circulated the set of the Alec Baldwin-starred western movie — including one displayed in a photo that Gutierrez-Reed took of herself at work.

“There is a live round sitting right on Ms. Gutierrez’s lap and she failed to identify it,” Lewis told the 12 jurors as they were shown the image.

Lewis also showed the jury photos of the rounds that cops removed from the set — one of the 37 rounds had a silver bottom, an indication it was a real bullet, he explained.

The fact that not one — but six — live rounds has allegedly made their way onto the set and had been circulating, with one landing in Baldwin’s ammunition bandolier and another ending up in a second actor’s bandolier, “is incomprehensible” when taken against the stringent movie set safety standards, Lewis argued.

She is charged with involuntary manslaughter and tampering with evidence for allegedly handing off a bag of cocaine to a friend just after she was interviewed by law enforcement.

But Gutierrez-Reed’s defense attorney, Jason Bowles, in his opening remarks told jurors his client is being used as a “scapegoat” by the production company, Baldwin and prosecutors.

“You cannot tell a live round from a dummy from a picture,” he added. “The reason for that is in Hollywood the dummies are made to look just like a live round.”

Bowles argued that the production company forced his client to work two separate positions of both an armorer but also a props assistant and she was only allotted eight days to work in the armorer role.

He also showed jurors an email that Gutierrez-Reed sent to a manager asking for more help.

“Production put her in the position of having two jobs and expected a 24-year-old under really tough conditions to be able to keep up with everything that was going on,” Bowles said.

“You’re not going to hear anything about her being in that church or firing that weapon,” Bowles said, noting that Baldwin violated the golden rule of never pointing a gun at someone.

“He violated some of the most basic gun safety rules you can ever learn,” Bowles said. “You treat all guns as loaded and you keep your finger off of the trigger until you’re ready to shoot. He violated all of them.”

End quote

[​IMG]

"Lewis also showed the jury photos of the rounds that cops removed from the set — one of the 37 rounds had a silver bottom, an indication it was a real bullet, he explained."

Total bullsh## !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The ONLY thing that silver primer means is that the case may have been reloaded with a fresh primer.

Looking down at this box of cartridges -- seeing only the bases/bottoms of the cartridges -- tells you next to nothing whatsoever.

Brass primers, i.e. not the one silver primer, are used in most factory ammo -- i.e. will fire its bullet / hot / deadly / NOT a blank. Brass vs. silver primers means nothing, accept maybe that the cartridge has been reloaded. We've all seen factory ammo that utilized silver color primers.

The primers that have an indent should NOT be taken as fired/dummy cartridges! DANGER. I have seen misfire rounds that had been hit with a firing pin, yet were NOT detonated, i.e. still could be successfully fired in a weapon with a longer firing pin or with a heavier firing pin spring. There's a whole lot of 9mm ammo out there intended to be fired out of a submachine-gun. Subs have heavier pin springs OR have a fixed firing pin for full-auto fire; thus the hard primers are used when manufacturing such ammo.

I'm stopping here, because I could write an entire article or articles concerning this topic. Were I the armorer on a movie set, everybody would hate my guts.

My specifications -- firearm spec.s and blank ammo spec.s -- would be strictly followed, else I sure as hell wouldn't work anywhere near the place.

Another thing, if you can't ride a horse or don't know how to take care of horses, then don't be an actor in any Western movie. Same goes for firearms and action movies.

Don't mess around with firearms unless you are trained. This in not an advanced concept.

I wish this Baldwin puke had been practicing a suicide scene.

TMT Tactical likes this.