Immunization Updates

Discussion in 'Other Reference Material' started by Pragmatist, Aug 4, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
  2. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning all,

(continued web site difficulty)

While looking for a picture of a CDC 731 pamphlet, ran into above link. The link is dated but the format and much material is still valid. The document is long but worth glancing at.

Remember not to neglect preventive measures of health especially when in fatiguing conditions and under stress.

Preppers on the move such as a GOOD have attributes similar to field medical and emergency responder personnel.

Note: Yellow Fever - "Two forms of yellow fever - urban and jungle" (Select one only ?)

Don't pet woodchucks. Squirrels and legomorphs are usually OK to pet.

Keep current with immunizations and keep records visible on your person (like partly sticking out of a cargo vest pocket) when vacating premises when GOOD.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning all,

www.immunize.org/laws

Above link - hope it works - has a decent assembly of the immunization stuff. This link is NOT a CDC link. Of course, always use prudence with sensitive material like health care.

I'm waiting for something official to arrive at my email in box but had already been told by a couple of health officials that immunizations do not protect you 100%. For example, a pet dog has a rabies shot. The pet dog can still get bitten by a rabid bat and get rabies. The dog's rabies shot does vastly strengthen Rin Tim Tin's immunization for a lesser infection but again: not 100%.

Now I know why I have remnants of Yellow Fever, Malaria and Kalar Azar.

Above link has a"store" and there's a weatherproof immunization card avail. It's not the CDC 731 but want to emphasize to have medical/health care records prepared as part of prepper plans.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/PDF/rr/rr5507.pdf

Good morning all,

Above is link sent to me from CDC Atlanta. It is long (meets the "weight test").

The linked report has no value to me. What I learned from a couple of health care officials is what I depend on: a vaccination cannot provide 100% of protection but it does give much protection.

I do not rely - or even use (usually) "peer-reviewed" reports like this cdc link. I rely on NON-PEER REVIEWED reports. They are limited and hard to get even if available. I want to learn about insurance claims involving a report's subject matter, the pertinent pharma use experience in foreign countries (US is not the lead nation on some of this), costs of these programs in the US, ... In practical terms, program costs cannot be learned. The costs are hidden.

TMT Tactical likes this.