Important Notice To All Members.

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Keith H., Jun 12, 2019 at 1:24 AM.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Due to the fact that we have been unable to contact the administrator of this forum, it is always a possibility that this forum may fold. I am not familiar with the upkeep of a PAID forum, so if the owner is no longer able to maintain the presence of this forum, then I guess it could just suddenly fold.

IF this should happen, I will give you another forum you can go to until we sort something out. It would seem a pitty to lose the great membership that we have on this forum. On my group's forum we have a survival board that already has an international following, & lonewolf is already a moderator on that forum. You are welcome to go there until we can set up another forum, or you may even want to stay there. The choice will be yours.

Just in case this one suddenly closes, the board is called "The Survival Connection" & it is on this forum http://neclhg.freeforums.net/
    Please note I am not advocating that anyone move now, though of course anyone is welcome to join that forum as well as this one. I sincerely hope this forum keeps going & the admin returns, but at this time it is looking as though he may not be returning. Someone has been logging on in the admins name, I suspect this could be a family member, but of course there could be another explanation. So far lonewolf & I have not recieved any replies to our PMs & requests for forum information.
    Regards, Keith.

2. IBME

IBME "ALASKAN"
      232/345

Blog Posts:
    Thanks.......I just registered as "Sourdough".

Keith H. likes this.
  3. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Expert Member
      227/230

Blog Posts:
    Registered as SonofLiberty

Keith H. and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. Weedygarden

Weedygarden Active Member
      40/58

Blog Posts:
    I am really new to this forum. I have been wondering who the administrator was and the history of it. Thank you for the heads up about what is going on. I wonder what the possibility would be for someone else to become the administrator here? Of course, the current person would have to show up and respond in order for that to happen.
    A few of us came here recently and know each other from other forums. This is a forum that is a little more than a year and a half old. There is not so much survival and preparedness content, although some of us would like there to be more. Maybe we will see some of you there.
    https://www.homesteadingforum.org/

5. koolhandlinc

koolhandlinc Expert Member
      230/345

Blog Posts:
    As koolhandlinc

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    Hey if it goes under and no one takes it over look at survival monkey it's been up for a while or SEP board us.

TMT Tactical and Weedygarden like this.
  7. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      280/345

Blog Posts:

I belong to this group as well. This board centers primarily on homesteading topics, and is very strong on foraging and using wild edibles and medicinals, along with a very well-rounded preparedness forum (that could use a little more action). It also has a healthy dose of "over the garden gate' chatting with super nice folks.

Hope to see you there!

8. GrizzlyetteAdams

280/345

Blog Posts:

Thank you for this opportunity! I will be signing up soon.

9. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Expert Member
      227/230

Blog Posts:
    Signed up

Weedygarden and GrizzlyetteAdams like this.
  10. Weedygarden

40/58

Blog Posts:
    When was the last time the administrator was seen or someone had contact with him?

Also, I wonder if the sponsor would be willing to turn it over to someone else?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019 at 1:50 PM
  11. Snyper

Snyper Expert Member
      150/173

Blog Posts:
    The only "administrator" listed was "here" last Tuesday.
    The last time he posted was about a year ago.

I'm not sure if that's the same one being discussed.
    https://mysurvivalforum.com/members/branchd77.1/

Weedygarden likes this.
  12. IBME

IBME "ALASKAN"
      232/345

Blog Posts:
    I doubt these forums ever had a real human Administrator. But maybe.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. poltiregist

poltiregist Expert Member
      247/345

Blog Posts:
    What is the possibility a government agency was actually the administrator conducting an surveillance sweep ?

Caribou and TMT Tactical like this.
  14. Weedygarden

40/58

Blog Posts:
    That is a possibility, but not a probability.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  15. GrizzlyetteAdams

280/345

Blog Posts:
    The government can easily do that without the hassle of running a forum. What’s more, they already know where we live and all the details of the ...ahem...more interesting posts are likely noted and filed somewhere.

I believe that the owner has been knocked out of commission (cancer or some other heavy thing), and possibly a family member or friend pops in now and then and reports any monetizing details, etc to him. Or he may have died...

According to some of his past posts, he was looking for ways to at least recoup some of his $10K investment, etc., etc... and I cannot imagine this to be a lucrative venture at this point...

16. IBME

IBME "ALASKAN"
      232/345

Blog Posts:
    What is the probability that two "Survival Forums" have this happen at the same time.........??? Real close to zero.

17. IBME

IBME "ALASKAN"
      232/345

Blog Posts:
    But this allow them to fish, and to bait, and lead in a direction for gathering info. What if 70% or 80% of the members were just pretend people, and their dialog fabricated by agents.

Strangely I not long ago read about a cold case murder that was solved doing exactly what I just outlined. Was in Washington State.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019 at 12:46 AM
  18. GrizzlyetteAdams

280/345

Blog Posts:

There are LOTS of forums like this one that have active owners. It was probably just our eerie luck that the owners vanished on two that we belong to.

What was so weird about the other one is that we discovered that the forum was up for sale, then the expiring contract with the hosting company was renewed... but still no word from any owner.

Meanwhile, the forum is almost completely dead for lack of any involvement or efforts to keep it alive. No interaction from any owner, for sure. If anyone actually bought it, you would think they would at least try to maintain it...

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019 at 12:55 AM
  19. GrizzlyetteAdams

280/345

Blog Posts:
    I am sure this is already happening on every single forum of this kind on the internet. But that does not explain the missing owners...

This is creepy, f'sure.

poltiregist, TMT Tactical and IBME like this.
  20. IBME

IBME "ALASKAN"
      232/345

Blog Posts:
    Sure it totally explains it. They create and fund the forums, they create and fabricate the owner/Administrator. "Hi, I am "Diesel" and I just started this forum. Did anyone ever meet Diesel.....no, did anyone ever go to dinner at Diesels home.....no. So they create members. Hi, Guys I am "Keith" and I live ...... Then they keep creating members. Hi, guys I am Albert, I live in North Carolina.

They can create the whole thing just like writing a novel. You create the dialog, You control the subjects, you start fights, you get fake members banned. The whole thing could be fabricated. You want GLOCK as a sponsor, start a lot of threads about GLOCKS.

They do exactly the same thing with the stock markets. If you want to really look.......nearly all of our reality is fabricated. They fabricated weapons of mass destruction, spent billions, hundreds of thousands killed, all totally fabricated.

They have fabricate so much bullshit for so many decades, we don't know what is true.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019 at 1:47 AM
  21. poltiregist

247/345

Blog Posts:
    Food for thought . Most if not all government agencies in the U.S. run their yearly budget to end on the last day of June and begin first day of July . Government agencies sometimes find themselves in a financial crunch this time of year . Also U.S. government agencies were raided for funds this year to gather funds for the much needed wall between U.S. and Mexico . I wouldn't be too surprised if our administrator reappeared next month .

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019 at 2:22 AM
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  22. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard !
      297/345

Blog Posts:
    Matrix anybody?

Weedygarden likes this.
  23. GrizzlyetteAdams

280/345

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for the invitation to land on your shores... As one of the recent survivors of The Survival Magazine Forum (where its owner also vanished, but the ghost ship still floats: https://survivalforum.survivalmagazine.org/), we are feeling much like shipwrecked survivors...watersoaked and wary of shark-infested waters, but hey... we picked up some quality friends along the way from both ships.

You are one of them. I appreciate the wealth of old-time skills and knowledge that I have picked up from you so much that I signed up on your forum and bookmarked your blog. I suspect that I will be following you until one of us croaks (Southern USA-speak for dying, lol).

24. Weedygarden

40/58

Blog Posts:
    If you do a search of preparedness and survival forums, you will see that a few of them are no longer reachable. I know some people have said that the interest in prepping and survivalism is diminishing. That may be true, or it may be that those who started their own forums have had to put in lots of work and no longer feel the desire to run their forums. They have invested money to start them, and maybe it is has not paid off.

IMHO, if someone is in that spot, why not tell those who have joined and have been participating? Give people a head's up, this forum is closing June 30.

25. GrizzlyetteAdams

280/345

Blog Posts:
    This forum is closing June 30?? (Or, are you speaking figuratively of other forums?)

Radar and TMT Tactical like this.
  26. Weedygarden

40/58

Blog Posts:
    I don't know, just something someone else thought.

27. IBME

IBME "ALASKAN"
      232/345

Blog Posts:

My theory as to "WHY".........is the CIA or FBI or NSA or Secret Service or any of the hundreds of private contractor they employ care about that. I think these forum were part of an intelligence gathering program, and they no longer need these forums now that they have Facebook and Tweeter.

Could also they can't figure out a way to covertly sell these forums without exposing themselves.

28. Weedygarden

40/58

Blog Posts:
    I have a question: Who decides what hours the moderators are on? How was it decided that you be moderators? I would think it would have been the administrator who would have had conversations with you. So do moderators have any knowledge about the administrators name and email address? Haven't you privately had conversations with him before? I am asking, because if you know his full name, try searching for him on the internet. See what you come up with.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  29. Weedygarden

40/58

Blog Posts:
    Could be, but is that over then if all the forums seem to be closing shop?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  30. GrizzlyetteAdams

280/345

Blog Posts:

Can anyone please shed a little more light on this?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019 at 9:18 PM
    Radar, TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  31. poltiregist

247/345

Blog Posts:
    I am going to take a guess and say Weedygarden misunderstood one of my posts . I said most if not all U.S. government agencies work with a yearly budget that end June 30 and begins July one . I was saying if this site is funded by an government agency its budget fund will be replenished July one . After July one this site may return to normal . Then again IBME may be correct if this is government funded it could be in the process of being shut down . However all of this is pure speculation with no inside knowledge of any of these theories being valid .

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019 at 11:03 PM
  32. Snyper

Snyper Expert Member
      150/173

Blog Posts:
    I'd say just slightly less than me becoming the next Queen of England.

33. Snyper

Snyper Expert Member
      150/173

Blog Posts:
    On many forums, moderators don't work set hours because they are unpaid volunteers. They start as regular members.

Administrators can be paid or unpaid but even they can "work" without being visible on the forum.

They just have more ability to take actions and access the software.

34. lonewolf

lonewolf Moderator Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    and just where did you come up with that date, news to me!!!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  35. Caribou

Caribou Well-Known Member
      85/115

Blog Posts:
    I'm new here but I have been through a site change. Our old site had a change of administrators and the new administrator was difficult to get along with so we packed and left.
    The site is the people and you have collected a great group. You don't want to loose each other. To keep track I suggest that you PM your email to a few of your mates here so when people start landing at a new site you can find members and they can find you. Moderators, you might collect all the contact information of the members here and save that information on your own computer so you can rebuild the family.

I'm a member at another site that I think would be a good fit for the members here. In fact when I showed up here I knew many members already. We'd love to have you. Please bookmark the site so you can wander over when and if this place shuts down.
    https://www.homesteadingforum.org/forums/front-porch-chat.20/

36. TMT Tactical

297/345

Blog Posts:
    I agree with keeping in touch with each other but I do disagree with any recommendation to Homesteading and Country Living. I was a mod there and quit due to censorship of many members. I saw too many censored just because a mod or admin took a dislike to that member. This is not sour grapes, I quit and was not asked to step down. There are too many good sites, http://www.doomsdayprepperforums.com/index.php this one included that do not go crazy on censorship or play favorites. I highly respect the new member that have joined us from HCL (homesteadingforum.org) but I can't in good conscious recommend joining that forum.

LastOutlaw likes this.
  37. Snyper

Snyper Expert Member
      150/173

Blog Posts:
    See Post #31

38. IBME

IBME "ALASKAN"
      232/345

Blog Posts:
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:Now what kind of management would do that........???:D

TMT Tactical likes this.
  39. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Expert Member
      125/173

Blog Posts:
    I have to say that heavy handed censorship can kill a posting member's positive attitude in a heartbeat and probably other member's who witness the censorship as well.

40. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Yes mate, same one, but there is nothing to say that it was he that logged on, it could have been a family member.
    Keith.

Weedygarden and TMT Tactical like this.
  41. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I was one of the first members on this forum, & the admin asked if I would be a moderator. I personally do not know his full name, & the only way of contacting the admin for me is via a PM.
    Keith.

TMT Tactical and Weedygarden like this.
  42. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Please supply more information regarding the closing date that you mention. How did you come by this information? Who told you this forum was closing?
    Thank you for your cooperation.
    Regards, Keith.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  43. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Well if this forum does close, at least some of us are already registered at: http://neclhg.freeforums.net/ So we can stay in touch. Don't forget there is a survival board on that site: "The Survival Connection", please feel welcome to join in.
    I am also a member of an Australian Prepper forum if anyone is interested. No spam to date, but I don't think there are any moderators. I simply IGNORE anyone who is being a pain ;) (click on the ignore & you no longer have to read their posts) :)
    Keith.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  44. Weedygarden

40/58

Blog Posts:
    Google preparedness and survival forums. That is where I found it. NO ONE told me this forum was closing, just what is in this thread.

45. Weedygarden

40/58

Blog Posts:
    What I meant here was, if someone would be closing shop, then give people a head's up: "HEY EVERYONE, we're closing this forum on June 30." My sentence was not clear. However, for clarity, I AM NOT SAYING THIS FORUM IS CLOSING and neither has anyone else!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  46. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Okay, thank you for this clarification WG.
    Keith.

Weedygarden likes this.
  47. TMT Tactical

297/345

Blog Posts:
    Registered on the back up and now no matter what, I can keep in contact with many on this forum. I really don't see this forum going away.

Keith H. likes this.
  48. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Let's hope not TMT. My thoughts are that this forum is earning the admin money. If he is for some reason not able to contact us, then perhaps the family are still getting this money & therefore will do all they can to keep it going. If they have the admin's log in, then presumably they can make changes to the forum & they can keep it online, even if they do not wish to answer moderator PMs. Providing all members are happy with this forum the way it is, then hopefully no problems. Accessing the blog section is beyond my moderator powers, as are all forum settings.
    Keith.

49. lonewolf

lonewolf Moderator Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I have just had a message from admin and the message is:
    THIS FORUM IS NOT CLOSING!!! either on june 30th or at any other time.
    so can we please stop any talk of it doing so.

Keith H. likes this.
  50. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good news lonewolf, please pass on any further information from Branch if it is okay to do so. I think we all deserve some explanation.
    Keith.