Improvised Weapons

Discussion in 'Guns, Knives, Tools, Etc.' started by TexDanm, Dec 27, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    One may currently be out of luck in England; however, as the government collapses, hopefully Liberty will be returned to the decent people and one can then use that which was "salted back" against invaders.

https://www.bsdgb.co.uk/index.php?Information:Law_Relating_to_Self_Defence

"Self-defence weapons."

"The law does not recognise the concept of a 'defensive weapon'. You are not permitted to carry an offensive weapon - even to defend yourself. You may, however, provided it constitutes reasonable force, defend yourself with an ordinary everyday object, such as keys, an umbrella or a comb, provided you have them with you for their ordinary everyday purpose"

============================

If all you have is a knife ...

Demonic situation in Amerika, specifically communist New York, New York:

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/crime-tipping-point-nyc-bodega-case-crackdown-criminals

"Has America had enough of violent career criminals and the district attorneys who protect them? Growing public outrage over New York City’s 'bodega case' may mean a tipping point over the lenient treatment of criminals and failure to protect the public is coming – or is already here.   

"The facts of that case as they’ve been reported: After an argument between 61-year-old bodega worker Jose Alba and a woman customer, the woman’s boyfriend, Austin Simon, entered the bodega and attacked Alba behind the counter. During the struggle, Alba grabbed a knife and stabbed Simon. At some point Simon’s girlfriend also joined the fight, stabbing Alba several times in the arm. Simon died of his wounds. Alba was arrested by police and charged with intentional murder by the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office.

"That the incident, and Alba’s apparent efforts at self-defense, were caught on video fueled instantaneous outrage over the arrest – which only grew as new facts emerged. 

"For one, Alba is by all accounts a longtime pillar of his community, a mild-mannered Dominican immigrant with no criminal record who works long hours. Simon, a 35-year-old violent career criminal with numerous felony arrests, was out on parole for assaulting a police officer.   

"Then there is Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg’s treatment of Alba. Charged with second-degree murder, the highest murder count available (first-degree murder is reserved for rare cases like killing a cop or a witness), Alba was sent to New York’s notorious Rikers Island jail after the DA requested $500,000 bail (which the judge knocked down to $250,000). Meanwhile, Simon’s girlfriend, who told Alba, 'I’m gonna bring my n----- down here and he gonna f--- you up,' faces no charges, and Alba’s untreated stab wounds became infected at Rikers.   

"All this comes as fears grow that crime in major American cities is simply out of control, and residents have had enough. In San Francisco, DA Chesa Boudin was just recalled by referendum in that heavily Democratic city. In Los Angeles, over 700,000 signatures were just submitted for a referendum to recall DA George Gascon (567,000 are needed to trigger it). In Philadelphia, an effort to impeach DA Larry Krasner is underway.

"In Manhattan, Bragg entered office this year by issuing a notorious 'reform' memo that instructed prosecutors to avoid jail time for all but the most serious crimes – all while crime was significantly up in New York over the prior year in nearly every major category (index crimes are up another 38% so far this year). 

"What all these prosecutors share is a view of their mission as less law enforcement and more sociological tinkering, and all had their election campaigns funded by George Soros (Bragg’s to the tune of a reported $1 million)."

-----------------

George Soros, enemy of Liberty, enemy of basic decency, murderer

-----------------

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I like improvised weapons. When the last bullet has been fired I will be well prepared to go to plan B and then maybe even plan C. A bow is only a good survival tool if you know how to make arrows. I've done it and it is hard to get it straight if you make it out of neatural sources. If you have cane available it would be easier but there isn't any near me. I have thought about planting some but it can be hell on plumbing.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Here's some videos on Native American techniques for making bows and arrows:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=native+americans+making+straight+arrows

In one video, the man picks-out straight limbs out of a stand of trees.

I once asked a older Cherokee fellow how the arrow shafts were made straight and he said and used his hands in the air that they rolled the shafts on flat surfaces to make them true.

I guess maybe that one would start with a lightly wet shaft to make it true, then dry it using some mechanism that would force it to dry straight. One could mill a straight divot into metal or stone for this.

One could buy-up fletchings and arrow heads.
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=fletchings+for+sale&t=newext&atb=v320-1&iax=shopping&ia=shopping

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=arrow-mak...=v320-1&iar=shopping&iax=shopping&ia=shopping

How to make arrow shafts, videos:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=+how-to+m...i=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvwernxQi8A

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Here is a short video on a plant based improvised weapon. Enjoy.

1. Old Geezer
      It's my man Joerg! Bald, wide shoulders, gut ... we could be kin! My dad's side were German iron-miners. I'm 215 lb 5'10' (?), but my gut isn't quite his size (if I keep eating like I do, I will be his girth). My youngest son is taller than Joerg ... but now bald and has the very wide shoulders. Son's got a grip like a pneumatic press. I love his Joerg's laugh and sense of humor -- as do my sons. His creativity and ability to improvise, I so envy. I'm God's own jerry-rigger, but Joerg is The Man when it comes to making dangerous things go FAST.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
      Old Geezer, Jul 25, 2022
      TMT Tactical likes this.
    2. Old Geezer
      Look how thick Joerg's arms are! Mine aren't that big. Does he need weapons?! Joerg IS a weapon. Germans are great. Shame they're so OCD. It's in me.

Old Geezer, Jul 25, 2022
      TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    The Air Force used to use thorn bushes on perimeters -- mean thorn bushes. We used them in the Forestry Service. I bet the U.S. government just bought hundreds of tons of these seeds for whatever agency needed them. We used to get the seeds in 100 lb burlap bags. We'd dig-up motorcycle trails and plant the thorn bush seeds. Forestry loathes motorcycles. They cause massive erosion into streams and kill the ability of trout to spawn. We felled trees and made stream structures (dams) to make tiny "lakes" 3 or 4 ft deep (one meter). This was for trout to lay their eggs.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Plus these agave spears do not show-up on metal detectors!

I LOVE agave ... to drink. Love mezcal! Love its smokeyness. Just like I love Islay Scotch. Smokey!

And mezcal production is not unlike moonshine production. Poor folk getting by. I totally understand this thing. When you're not going to inherit anything, then you gotta do what you gotta do.

Joerg's dangerous agave is harvested in Mexico by mezcaleros. These men are beyond hardy. They harvest hundreds of pounds of agave EVERY DAY. They are skilled! Their cutting tools are VERY sharp. My heart goes out to them. I do not mind paying the price to purchase such a hard-won product. These men are, one and all, better men man than I. Their work ethic humbles me. When I drink mezcal, I always salute them and ask God to bless them and their families.

These men are using machetes. There is another tool used, but I do not know its name. Oh by the way. Machetes and other brush-cutting tools can be used as very effective defensive weapons. Sharpen them up and you can take-off an attacker's forearm. Make aggressors bleed like a fire-hose!

Here's another video:

https://mysurvivalforum.com/threads/improvised-weapons.8073/page-2

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. Old Geezer
      Here is the tool. Note that these puppies are razor sharp so that they can be used all day and be resharpened at night. "Danger, Will Robinson!" They can be used as an improvised weapon ... for sure! Think of it as a round spear. You can lop-off an intruder's hand when he's trying to break into your home (I've got a story; too long; so can a shotgun).
      [​IMG]

Old Geezer, Jul 25, 2022
      TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Improvised spears using an existing knife blade, by using the metal of a lawnmower blade (as a start for a spear blade), or leaf spring ... whatever. If the metal is too hard to work, then move-on to another steel plate, or re-temper the steel you have.

One's archery tackle should have a spear friend ... or five (or ten). Archery plus spears have worked for millenia -- still does. Here in the States, crossbows almost always come with scopes. Scopes? At short distances, who needs a scope?!!! I think they add the scopes to drive the prices up to $1,000 or more. Homey doesn't play that game.

If natives living in nowhere can make metal-tipped spears, gosh I sure hope you can also.

Match head gunpowder

I hate this braggart. Fast-forward into this video a minute's worth. It's then when he shows you how to use a hex-nut and paracord to make a slinging/flailing nasty-thingy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ngom9L8CKkU

upload_2023-9-10_18-46-15.png

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. Old Geezer

Old Geezer, Sep 10, 2023
      TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I was just putting away one pair of our manual hedge trimmers. As I held the thing, I noticed that it would make for a nasty weapon were both sides ground to a point and a serious edge put to the blades.

One could stab left or right. Or, go straight up with both blades to cut the attacker's neck / carotid arteries.

Here's a hedge trimmer whose handles telescope to your desired length:

[​IMG]

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Shhhhhh! Quiet Old Geezer! That'll be the next thing they ban in Aus ...

:D

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    only useful for one thing, removing low hanging "fruit"!!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
  13. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    "Quarter Staff". 6-9ft long first used in the Middle Ages.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Guns are everywhere around here. Man-oh-man am I ever so glad this is true. I live in amongst the self-sufficient. Man-oh-man am I ever so glad this is true.

While a couple (literally) of neighbors were out of town for few weeks, we watched their house. Good folk them. That they were of another race (black) didn't matter. All that matters is that people are smart and moral. That's all I need to know. "Civilized is as civilized does." "The proof is in the pudding." Again, that's all that is important AND people gotta cover each other's 6 o'clock. Most humans don't have eyes in the back of their heads. I sure don't. Taught my wife and kids to shoot. We don't have to improvise weapons. We have the real deal ... and then some.

To those who live in other countries, gather ammo for your firearms. Legal or illegal, it doesn't matter. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse are thundering our way. No place is safe.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    dont think anyone will be looking after their neighbour post SHTF, they will be too busy covering their own backsides.

Brownbear and TMT Tactical like this.
  16. Max rigger

Max rigger Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Southern Appalachian culture is unique. If you don't help, then you are not a man. "What would The Christ do?!" is burned into people before age 5. Too, people here like to gather up into groups / clans and fight against a perceived enemy. They (we) like crushing the enemy. Tennessee is known as the Volunteer State. The Army's combat military would be gutted were it not manned by Southerners. One central reason folk here are courteous -- rigidly so -- is that this prevents fighting. People here look for a reason to fight. So, you'll perpetually hear:, "Oh, excuse me." "Pardon me." "May I help you with that." "Mam, do please allow me to hold this door for you." People who are rude or dismissive often find themselves bleeding on the concrete. Anyone who brags too much -- seriously so -- will be shunned. Joking about one's self is often heard. People joke a lot around here. Why? It prevents fights. My dad's brothers and mother kept secrets from my dad because had he heard what others had done behind his back, he would have killed them. I've stored-away my father's well-worn blackjack. I sometimes wear his watch, but I'll never use that blackjack ... it's just not me. Like his father and my uncles, I prefer firearms.

https://www.unitedstatesnow.org/why-is-tennessee-known-as-the-volunteer-state.htm

TMT Tactical likes this.
  18. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    courtesy over here is seen these days as old fashioned and out of date, some people are even offended by it.
    Margaret Thatcher said there is no such thing as society, she might not have been right then but it does not exist now in our big cities and urban enclaves, people do not know their neighbours anymore and populations are fluid especially in the rental market.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  19. Max rigger

Max rigger Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    I've got to know more people in two years here in Spain than I did in ten years in the UK and remember I'm pretty rural. Neighbours in the UK even if they speak English have become insular.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  20. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    that sounds about right. I'm rural and neighbours are okay but it was different when I lived in a city, I didnt want to know my neighbours, maybe 1 each side but that was it, and the area I lived in is much worse now.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  21. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Many foreigners I've met still have that "default to being civilized" behavior pattern intact. Very refreshing.

Haiti is a failed nation, a violent place, a place that has destroyed their natural environment. However, the Haitian business owners who've moved into the States -- following the immigration laws, mind you -- have become solid citizens. "The proof is in the pudding." People coming here to realize the American dream, following Constitutional law, and reinforcing the foundations of Liberty sure are welcome. Personally, I welcome such folk. Those coming here to see what they can get by with are NOT welcome.

Again the central relevance is: "Civilized is as civilized does." If a person is civilized, then nothing else matters, race, genetics, culture, .... . If a person is a good person, a civilized person, then that's that. Speaking for myself, I'm too lazy to care. I like good people. Not exactly complex, is it.

=====

Isn't that tragic!!! It's not just sad. Plus, that sort of condition is dangerous. When it hits the fan, solid/wise people will NOT put up with that crap -- irrespective of country. SHTF, act-out, and see what it buys you. Likely, it will result in traumatic lead poisoning. I have heavy ropes and chains to drag trash to dumping grounds. Happy buzzards and possum, OK.

TMT Tactical likes this.