Indeh, A Apache Odyssey

Discussion in 'Books' started by randyt, Dec 16, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    I've been reading a book called Indeh A Apache Odyssey. It's a book written by Eve Ball. She was a teacher near or on the Apache reservation. She conducted interviews with Apaches that rode with Geronimo. These guys were young men at the time but old when she met them. There is a lot of talk about Juh, Victorio, Cochise and many others. Some of them they remembered were when they were young children. I think Cochise was probably gone when they were very young. It is definitely the Apache point of view.

Lots of interesting things but a couple come to mind. One was the constant hunt for ammunition. Also some of these folks would not talk unless it was around a campfire, that was their oral tradition. Some would talk in front of a fireplace.
    Another thing is they claimed that Victorio had met with a governor and President Diaz on three different occasions. There is no record of this but they claim it was true.

Anyhoo if Apache history is a interest this is a good book, true of false I don't know.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I'd take their word over a politicians, ANY DAY!

Dale

TMT Tactical and randyt like this.
  3. randyt

415/460

Blog Posts:
    we're from the government and we're here to help you.

Dalewick and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    ef1eee1896eedfe649d178e9e61db075.jpg

Gun control.....Ask these Americans.

randyt, TMT Tactical and Caribou like this.
  5. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Randy,

Unless I'm mixing up my prominent Indian personalities, I visited Geronimo's jail cell at Fort Sill, Oklahoma.

It was common enough for the Indian chiefs to meet with senior political figures.

6. randyt

415/460

Blog Posts:
    Good Morning Pragmatist,

It sure was common for political figures to meet with indian chiefs but the Mexican government denies any meeting with the apaches.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Randy,

The most favorable statement that can be made of the Mexican government's denial, is that it's true, with the "However".

It was realistic that emissaries were used (Think of Nixon using Armand Hammer for indirect contacts with USSR).

After Mexico lost Texas, no true national government was in place - like China and their War Lords and fiefdoms - until perhaps their 1911 Revolution.