Independence day/alien invasion

Discussion in 'The Apocalypse' started by Damorale, Jun 13, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Damorale

Damorale Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    The first movie I saw about an Alien Invasion was Mars Attacks (the spoof) and I always convinced myself when I was younger and more innocent that if aliens found Earth, they would "come in peace". But then of course there are movies like Independence Day which my grown up self thinks are a more likely reality - if alien life was advanced enough to find the planet Earth, would it really be with the mission to create a peaceful alliance with us? What exactly could we offer them?

We have seen the way human nature makes those in power behave, with poorer countries being more likely to be invaded for their resources such as oil, under the pretence of "protecting peace". If aliens found Earth, the likelihood is that we would be severely disadvantaged and have nothing to offer them even if they would be willing to create an allegiance. And even if they simply wanted to observe and study us, I can't see that being a positive thing for us either. They are far more likely to have an interest in our space and our resources, which would be more plentiful if we were not there. So we could be killed or, worse, we could also be enslaved.

I think of all the apocalyptic scenarios, an alien invasion would be one of the worst. Worse than a zombie outbreak and worse than a deadly virus. Because I find humans so much more threatening than animals, illnesses, etc., and I can only imagine an alien race to be humans exemplified.

I guess I just wanted to share my thoughts here :) What does everyone else think?

Keith H. likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    don't base your survival on movies, they are only "opium for the masses".

3. John Snort

John Snort Well-Known Member
      92/93

Blog Posts:
    I think an alien invasion shouldn't worry anyone.

Civilizations have collapsed but it wasn't aliens who were responsible. What we should be preparing for instead are things which are most likely to happen: nuclear war, global pandemics, climate change, asteroids destroying entire continents, civil wars, etc.

4. Damorale

Damorale Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Although I agree with you that it's not likely, I do think it's possible and I haven't necessarily prepared for it to happen, I just think about it from time to time. It's mostly just a hypothetical type of situation, as I will be completely powerless to stop it if aliens did ever attack. If they did, they would have to be significantly more advanced than us to be so in command of space travel.

5. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:

Firstly Damorale, the Aliens have already found us & have already visited. Why we are still seeing news reports about "do they exist" etc etc I have no idea. Their presence is well documented & I have seen their flying craft with my own eyes, both in the night sky, & close up, within 50 meters. I recognised the first Alien craft when I was living off grid in the Territory, but since then I have seen a lot of them. I know how to tell the difference between an Alien craft & anything else.

Are they interested in us? Difficult to say, I don't believe reports of Alien abduction, simply because I have not seen it with my own eyes. Do we have anything that they want? No idea, but I can tell you that their technology is far advanced compared to ours, so if they wanted to take earth I have no doubt that they could. Are they a war like race? Well the one thing I do not know is how many Alien races there are, so while on the one hand I think that they may all live in harmony with no need for wars, I really don't know if there are war like races or not.
    IF there was an Alien invasion, I guess the severity of it would depend on what they want. Right now Australia is backing the genocide in West Papua because there is money to be made in mining. Mining in Australia takes precedent over farming & the well being of farmers to the point where some farmers have committed suicide. This is happening right now, & our own government is the enemy. We have no way of telling what any particular race of Alien is like in this regard, i.e. do they have principles? Would they care about our welfare or not? Despite how they may feel, it is not US they would be dealing with if they wished to trade, it would be our government, & our government cares nothing for the people.
    Keith.

TheRoaringLion and Damorale like this.