Installing A New Motor On My Troy Built Horse Tiller.

Discussion in 'Gardening, Plant Propegation, & Farming' started by watcherchris, May 24, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I loaned out my Troy Built Horse tiller some time back and the motor got locked up.

I won't be doing that anymore...

I did manage to get a new motor for it and also a new reverse pulley.

I am in the process of changing out the motor and breaking for dinner...

The motor is installed and will be going back out to install the reverse pulley....then add the oil and fuel and attempt to start her up.

fingers crossed....we shall see how it goes....

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

2. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Will let the members know how it went......how it works..

I consider this piece of gear to be an important survival/prepping tool.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

3. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Success with the motor and tiller.

Fueled it up and started with only a few pulls..and started easily.

The olde Kholer engine had electric start which can spoil one very easily. But I don't know what they have done to these newer smaller engines but they pull and start much easier than in the olde days....and I am very pleased with this measure of progress.

Ran it for about ten minutes and then put it in gear and went across the yard to where I had deposited a lot of my burned brush and tilled it over. The engine worked fine and so too the tiller.

Shut it down and let it cool off in front of the garden hose …..before I turned it up and sprayed down the tines and underside ...careful not to spray the engine.

Then started it up and drove it into my garage.

"And now you know the rest of the story."

I don't mind that the engine is built in China. For I know that an American built engine would have cost three or four times as much. Also those are American and European companies who invested in China ...as they so invested in Japan and Korea...they have only moved much of their operations as costs inflated in Korea and Japan.

Remember …..American companies as well as British Companies built Japan and Nazi Germany between wars...

Buckle up...

Have it in mind to get an extra engine at these costs and put it away.....about 130 dollars.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  4. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    bumping this thread...

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

5. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I've got this riding lawn mower / micro tractor. It's on the fritz. I looked at what all I'd have to do to repair it. Not gonna. Gonna pay somebody to do this. Really, the thing is shot. Just put tires on it, so will see if it can be propped up a little while longer. The engine works, so ...

Time for goats?

watcherchris likes this.
  6. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    As long as I am able...I like to keep my gear going until I run it into the ground. I am not abusive with my gear...I just like it to last as long as possible.

I hate payments on anything ..particularly on cars..vehicles.

Haven't had a car/vehicle payment in years and years now...very nice not to have payments.

I will purchase the maintenance books on certain equipment I intend to keep running.

Also hate to pay someone else to do a lot of my work..but this may be coming to an end as I go into my Autumn years.

There are times when I enjoy going out into my garage and knocking about with some project but again this too may be coming to an end...in my Autumn years.

Thanks,
    Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.