Interesting Letter To The Editor

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Pragmatist, Dec 9, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good evening all,

I know some of you keep up with private citizen ownership and possession of firearms. In today's 9 December '19 WALL STREET JOURNAL is a concise letter on subject.

WSJ is paywall so will type the short letter here. Attribution to WSJ and writer from Blue Bell, Pennsylvania.

Everything between my dashed lines is actual quote from the newspaper.

=============================================

Regarding you editorial "Guns, Liberals and the Court" (Dec.2): Are there any other Constitutional rights that should end at the state border or outside a citizen's home? Why should a law-abiding gun owner's rights end when leaving his or her home or state ? Maybe we should reconsider our other rights such as freedom from unreasonable searches, and the right to due process, making them state specific. Maybe we should rewrite the First amendment and license all journalists and protesters. I prefer my Bill of Rights to apply everywhere and always.
    TOM MESSMER
    Blue Bell, Pa.

=================================================

Morgan101, TMT Tactical and Caribou like this.
  2. Morgan101

Morgan101 Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    He makes a very valid point.

TMT Tactical likes this.