New Member Introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Shenandoah, Oct 6, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Shenandoah

Shenandoah New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Good Evening!
    I'm a rancher, gardener, prepper, and a registered nurse. If you have questions regarding food storage, canning, etc. I'm your girl! My ranch sits at 8300' elevation where I raise Hi-Altitude Clydesdale horses, Angus cattle and amazing Alfalfa! I became a bit disenchanted with another prepper site several years ago and tonight is the first time I opted to find another forum; where I can a learn from other like minded folks and share a bit of my knowledge to anyone interested. Blessings to ya!

2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good day & welcome to this forum. Good to have you onboard.
    Keith.

3. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to this forum. I raise very large Grizzly Bears.........Actually they are Alaska Coastal Brown Bears. And I am close to sea-level.

4. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Warm Welcome from the Arizona valley folks. USA

5. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Sounds like you have it covered , rural location , livestock and gardening . Do you have a sustainable water source for when the grid goes down ? Many of our members do not have a sustainable water source but was just wondering how complete a prepper we have here . You certainly seem to be on top of the prepping needs . Welcome from the Ozarks .

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  6. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome from Missouri. Good to have you with us.

7. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to the forum! I look forward to your posts!

8. The Innkeeper

The Innkeeper Master Survivalist
      250/345

Blog Posts:
    Welcome from north of the 49th. Mostly good folks here. A lot of wisdom and a little leg pulling. Pull up a stump and set a spell when you can

9. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    Welcome from the Gunshine State. We ARE sea level lol

10. Shenandoah

Shenandoah New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I'm blessed to have multiple sustainable water sources...One well with a windmill, also hand pump on the house well. The Culabra River is the southern border of my property, cutting across the entire width of my place. I also have a hot spring and one aquafer in my #6 pasture.

Morgan101, TMT Tactical and Sourdough like this.
  11. Shenandoah

Shenandoah New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I don't raise bears and honestly prefer NOT to be in their proximity; but since the Spring Fire last year I have been inundated with several hateful bears that are terribly destructive. They have eaten my car twice, literally! They got under my farm truck and proceeded to rip out the wiring and eat all four O2 censor banks. These rascals have ripped every door out of the frames on all four barns and my shop....we have a running feud going at present! I have been given nuisance tags so I can legally take them but given the hours I work, we just aren't crossing paths...well, at least not when I'm armed. DOW has been no help. They did bring a live trap but in a year have never returned to check it! I have set it every time but I believe these bears have been trapped before as they do not go near the gate. They will shake the trap until they shove it over trying to get the bait...ultimately, I end up taking my loader and picking the trap up and setting it back on its wheels. They have yet to get anything to eat here and I'm hoping they will eventually move on.....

Sourdough, Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  12. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Strangely here the bears eat the snow machine seats, the ATV tires, the handles on tools, and buildings freshly painted they eat the corners of them, of course trash cans if rubber. Hoses on fuel transfer pumps trashed. They are not intentionally viscous, they just bite shit to see if it is eatable. Plastic fuel cans, leave them out they are trashed over night.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. GateCrasher

GateCrasher Expert Member
      247/345

Blog Posts:
    Welcome Shenandoah, that's an impressive resume!

If you care to share, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on what medical supplies would be wise for people to acquire now in the event that there were Drs and Nurses available to provide care during a disaster, but they lacked the supplies to do so. Similar to the situation in Venezuela today perhaps.

Looking beyond the items found in first-aid kits, thinking more like the most common injection, tubing, drains, catheters, blood collection, and/or surgical prep items that are used in hospitals and clinics every day, and that might be the first things they'll run out of. I've started putting some items together for the wife and I, but would very much appreciate a RN's input and recommendations.

Sourdough and TMT Tactical like this.
  14. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:
    100% to what Gate Crasher said.

Welcome to here! And don't you believe what Sourdough said about him raising bears. I think they raised HIM, lol. He has been in the wilderness for a long, long time.

Shenandoah, we both have unruly bears for neighbors, but fortunately, I don't have as much stuff torn up by bears as you have (I don't have much equipment outside for them to rip up), but others in my community have. One bear ripped brick away from a window in a brick house in attempts to enlarge the opening to get inside the house!

Looking forward to your posts!