New Member Introductions

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Radar, Jun 2, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Radar

Radar Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    I'd prefer to just jump in and start posting, but I'm here to learn.
    Mostly I'll like your posts and try to behave myself.

2. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to this forum.

LastOutlaw, TMT Tactical and Radar like this.
    1. Radar
      Radar, Jun 2, 2019
      LastOutlaw likes this.
  3. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    Why behave? Be yourself, be real. Say what you mean and mean what you say.

4. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:
    Hi again, Radar!

I suspect that we may have much in common! Already (in another thread), I learned that we both love plants.

Looking forward to seeing you not behaving yourself, lol.

5. Radar

Radar Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    Oh that's right, this is a new neighborhood for me.
    No black eyes my first weekend here.
    I read the rules and I don't want to get in trouble. I've read through a few threads and I like the thought-provoking topics.
    I'm a baby at prepping. Survival? Not quite inconceivable but again, I'm not experienced.

6. GrizzlyetteAdams

390/460

Blog Posts:

Well, they haven't locked me up and fed me fish-head and bone soup or anything like that...Even Tex, Old Geezer, and Lonewolf are still out roaming free, so I think this must be a pretty good place to speak your mind, lol.

7. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Warm Welcome from the Arizona valley folks. USA. Speak your piece and don't be shy. You just have to be polite, not agreeable. No pitchforks and torches yet, so most folks are safe.

8. Sonofliberty

407/460

Blog Posts:
    None of us are experts at everything. At least you recognize your lack and are willing to learn.

9. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Soo is there a story about your user name "RADAR".......???

If anyone gives you a hard time.........just reply, That you are looking for a "Black Hole".

Radar and TMT Tactical like this.
  10. Radar

Radar Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    Sheesh, @IBME , isn't that a bit personal so early in our association? Actually, it wasn't a struggle and it came to me quickly. I hate struggling for usernames.

Is there a joke associated with saying "I'm looking for a black hole"? What are you not telling me?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    A "Black Hole" is devoid of light. We have a member here skilled at searching for the "Absence of Light",

TMT Tactical and Radar like this.
  12. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    GREETINGS!! This is a great place and people here are pretty good in general about accepting a person as they are. Lots to learn here and lots of interesting discussions.

Radar, Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  13. Radar

Radar Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    Oh great. Thanks for the heads up on that. As for my name, it can mean whatever you want it to mean. Lol no actually I was hearing some unusual sounds and it reminded me of radar. Radar is for finding things, and it is partly why I'm here. To find helpful answers, a better place to waste time, new online friends. In the past my intuition used to be very sharp, so there's that, and radar cuz I also don't get lost.

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  14. Sonofliberty

407/460

Blog Posts:
    Ahh. I automatically think of Radar O'Reilly.

Morgan101, TMT Tactical and Radar like this.
  15. GrizzlyetteAdams

390/460

Blog Posts:
    Good backstory on your name, Radar!

And, just in case you're thinking IBME is sounding all new age airy-fairy with this bit:

I can assure he is not that way. Worse than that, he has taken to picking on me because of one of the ways I searched for my BugOutLand (BOL)... (It's OK, because I know he is just funning, lol)

I wanted to find a place that was not inhabited by lots of people....

See Posts #7 - 13 for the rest of the story: https://mysurvivalforum.com/threads/experience-yields-a-best-practices.6473/

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    TMT Tactical, Radar and Sonofliberty like this.
  16. Radar

Radar Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    I was going to mention Radar O'Reilly and erased it. Something I do frequently (erasing).
    Grizz, you be somethin'. Oh, wait, absence of light, no lights. I am searching for a place that is less peopley.
    I guess that means you enjoy the Milky Way and star gazing and all of that. I would too if I wasn't where I am.

17. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Thank you Radar, & welcome to this forum. The reason we like introductions is just to get some idea of the person you are, what if any experience you have or specific skills.
    But your introduction is just fine Radar, good to have you onboard.
    Regards, Keith.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  18. Radar

Radar Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    So that's what it means. I think I have nothing to offer and when I mentioned that to my friend he told me I know a lot about plants and a bit about food storage and resources. I don't shoot much ever. I hate cooking but I think I'd better do something about that. My health is very good and I'm not a spring chick, not ready to retire. I know a little.
    Thank you, everyone, for warm welcomes.:)

19. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Actually I suspect you know a lot more than you are giving yourself credit for Radar. Imagine how many housewives/househusbands think that they have no skills to share. They have a host of living skills that they just take for granted.
    Keith.

Morgan101, TMT Tactical and Radar like this.
  20. Radar

Radar Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    I suppose that is very true and sounds like something my friend would say about me.

Morgan101, Keith H. and TMT Tactical like this.
  21. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome from Missouri. Good to have you with us. No need to be shy. Everybody here is very friendly, and willing to help. Looking forward to your posts.

Got to admit my first thought was Radar O'Reilly. Whatever the story welcome aboard. :)

TMT Tactical and Radar like this.