New Member Intruduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by poltiregist, Oct 3, 2018.

0/5, 0 votes

1. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    new on here but been prepping for long term shtf situation for years.

Keith H. likes this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to this forum.
    Which country do you reside in?
    Keith.

3. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I live in the Ozark Moutains of central united states.

Keith H. likes this.
  4. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The Scots-Irish (Ulster Scots) populated the Ozarks even as they did the Southern Appalachians where I'm from.

5. gogo777

gogo777 New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    I am looking at moving possible to the ozarks . I have a few friends there. Is there quite a few off grid places for sale ?

6. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    gogo - looking at the Ozarks - that's exactly here I am - excellent choice for a survival retreat , a lot of survival minded people here , actually about half the population living here came from somewhere else , because they wanted to leave a undesirable location. personally my opinion on living off the grid , living off the grid will not make you a better prepper or survivor . it will only mean you will be living with less conveniences . I am prepared to live off the grid but until that time comes I do not plan to live or make my family live without modern conveniences . I know people living off the grid that have to haul their water to their dwelling. they would be very bad off if they could not get fuel to haul in water if S.H.T.F.

gogo777 likes this.
  7. gogo777

gogo777 New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    I am hoping to make a trip soon to get more of an idea.. I agree with you . When it is time it will be time.

8. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The Ozarks are beautiful.

9. gogo777

gogo777 New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    I saw that with my computer. But not with my own eyes. It looks like a trip is called for very soon. I have a classmate that lives in Ava. I certainly want to know more.

10. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    We go to Branson Missouri pretty often and wander around in that area and it is awesome.

11. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    to give you an idea about the people of the Ozarks , yesterday I went to a semi remote spot to buy fire wood , simply put my money In a plastic bucket got the appropriate amount of wood and left . no one around but me . the wood seller will eventually check his bucket , so much cash in the bucket I weighted it down with a rock to keep it from blowing out . a statement old geezer made about finding an area with people with the right frame of mind stood out for me .