Is Article Hint Of Things To Come ?

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Pragmatist, Jun 19, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    lots of people here commute by train and the annual cost of a ticket is in the several thousands of pounds, makes sense if they can work from home they would save that money in not commuting.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    " ... several thousands of pounds, ..."

Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy crap!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I do not believe that having one's retirement checks significantly cut will go over particularly well.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I guess I don't understand the system. Why would you have to relocate to work from home? Why can't you stay where you are, and work from home?

I think we may see a lot of offices close, and many people working from home. A huge number of people have been doing this for the past three months. I don't know if anyone has done a true value analysis to see if working from home vs. going to an office is more effective, but IMHO working from home will be more prevalent in the future.

I wonder what the pay differential is? It has been a long time since I had to deal with it, but the increase in pay to move to a more expensive area did not come close to covering the cost. The differential was only 10-15%. I wonder what it is now?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I seriously doubt there is anyone still working that is under the Civil Service Retirement. FERS is a pretty good retirement system if you can make it the 30 years. Not so great if you get hurt on the job and have to take a medical retirement. If your willing to take a pay cut for a better work environment, you can't complain about retirement. Besides, once you retire there is no more locality pay and you get COLA (cost of living allowance) . FERS retirement is based off of your highest 3 earning years so most make sure that there last 3 years are there highest 3 and work where ever to get those 3 high years.

Dale

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Many of my extended family thought I was crazy to live in the very expensive California when I was working. Expensive to live there but my pay scale was about triple their incomes. Now we are all retired, they are having to deal with the much lower SS payments.

Now son #1 is going to be set for life. He has his 20 year retirement from the Navy. Has a 90% disability rating from the Navy - more money. Is getting ready to start a job with the Federal Government (plans to work 20 years there) and retire there. Will have a very nice SS retirement (provided it still exists) and he has his own private retirement fund to draw from. Except for his house, he will be debt free next month. Okay, I used this post to brag about my kid, so sue me. LOL