Is Canada Safe?

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by keenonthedaywalker, Apr 16, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I think Canada would be safer than a lot of other places, it dosent have the huge number of big cities that other countries have and the cold winters would put most people off, I would live in Canada myself- I had relatives there- but its a no no for the wife-too cold.

2. Travis.s

Travis.s Expert Member
      237/345

Blog Posts:
    I think your wife would adapt if things were so bad you needed to jump borders

3. Travis.s

Travis.s Expert Member
      237/345

Blog Posts:
    People can do some impressive things after all

4. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    its a long way from our present location, its not just jumping borders, there is the Atlantic Ocean to consider!!:D

5. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I think that people adapt and tend to prefer what they are used to. I read and listen to people freaking out up north in the US during the summer when the weather gets into the high 90s F. To me that is just a warm summer day. We don't pay all that much attention to the heat in Texas or Arizona etc until the temperatures hit triple digits. Hurricanes aren't scary to us in general. We deal with them.

On the other hand let it snow one inch where I live and people panic LOL. There will be cars in the ditches all over the place and schools close. Oh and by the way I can't IMAGINE living someplace where the ground shakes like in California. Talk about something that is unnatural and scary!!! I think this is just the way people are. We tend to fear or dislike what we are not familiar with.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  6. The Innkeeper

The Innkeeper Master Survivalist
      250/345

Blog Posts:
    As an ex member of the Canadian Armed Forces I can tell you that there are plenty of probable nuclear targets in my country

Radar and TMT Tactical like this.
  7. The Innkeeper

250/345

Blog Posts:
    Yup, there are reasons that 90% of our population lives within 100 k ofthe 49th parallel

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. The Innkeeper

250/345

Blog Posts:
    Are there US airbases in Australia. If there are, there are mist likely nuclear weapons there, the bases are considered US soil and that allows the government to say (truthfully) there are no nuclear weapons on Australian soil, that’s how it’s done in Canada with US bases.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. The Innkeeper

250/345

Blog Posts:
    As a Canadian I respectfully disagree. The government has a strong anti firearms bias and continues to push for the disarming of our population. We are seriously over regulated and it will only get worse.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. The Innkeeper

250/345

Blog Posts:

11. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    During the coming SHTF events, major cities of all countries are going to suffer mightily.

In Canada and many other countries, central cities and capital cities will lose control of the provinces. As economies collapse, the only way to pay police and military will be via looting. This is the case in many third-world countries today. In many developed nations, military and police will aandon their posts to more directly protect their own families and communities. During hell-days, getting uniforms to impose central laws on the countryside (martial law is one manifestation) will be a hard-sell for all manner of reasons ... and the uniforms could get shot.

Here's a phenomenon I wish to touch upon: When things go sideways innumerable brush-fire wars will be generated. Flip that and we have: many brush-fire wars could aggravate, even bring about, currency failures and other SHTF evens. And wars soak-up peripheral police and national guard units.

Should things go nuke-central, then there will be mass exterminations of armies. Hundreds of millions of young men could be wiped out in a flash -- literally. China has a surplus of 50,000,000 young men. This is due to the one-child policy that used to be enforced in China. Baby girls were aborted, so the family could have a son. There have been those who have postulated that now would be a good time for China to invade Southeast Asia. Why? The 50 meg army-thingy! So what if they take mass casualties.

Which country used to be -- and still may be -- the #1 purchaser of ultrasound machines? Yes! It's China! Why? To identify the sex of babies in the womb. If the little person is a girl, she gets aborted.

TMT Tactical and The Innkeeper like this.
  12. The Innkeeper

250/345

Blog Posts:
    Yup.our major centres are toast, then it’s going to be something akin to the Balkan’s up here. Everyplace I have travelled people talk about how nice Canadians are, but it happens our veneer of nice will begone just as quick as anywhere else. The inter community rivalries that are “friendly competition” now will escalate in many places to little city states or fortress communities.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    In Canada, if you are surrounded by people of European or Asian origin (who aren't organized crime, Triad, or communist China operatives), then you are very safe. Were these safe areas suddenly inundated with firearms and all of these civilized people instantly armed to the teeth, you'd still be safe there. Gun ownership makes little if any difference in human behavior. If you fear loony mass-murderers, then also use umbrellas with fiberglass shafts to protect yourself from lightning strikes. One crazy murderer used a false police uniform and stolen squad car (his first kill was a curious/unprepared cop) = several civilians trusted him = those are the one who got killed.

It would appear that the current policy of the Toronto police is to simply give-in to the evolutionary throwback "people":

"Leave car keys ‘at front door’ to avoid violent confrontations with car thieves: Toronto Police"

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2024/03...nfrontations-with-car-thieves-toronto-police/

Begin quote

Toronto Police are being heavily criticized online for what many consider a shoulder-shrugging approach to the rash of car thefts that continue to plague the Greater Toronto Area.

At an Etobicoke safety meeting last month, Cst. Marco Ricciardi advised residents to leave their key fobs in a Faraday pouch in a convenient place for thieves as a way to lessen the risk of violent confrontations.

“To prevent the possibility of being attacked in your home, leave your fobs at the front door because they are breaking into your home to steal your car; they don’t want anything else.

“An officer at a recent community meeting suggested that people leave the keys to their vehicle in a Faraday bag by the front door,” the release states.

“While well meaning, there are also other ways to prevent auto theft motivated home invasions … Police are concerned about an escalation in violence, where all sorts of weapons and firearms are being used to steal vehicles, and that includes during home invasions.”

“A lot of them that they’re arresting have guns on them and they are not toy guns,” he ominously added. “They are real guns. They’re loaded.”

York Regional Police have gone as far as handing out door stops to some residents in high-risk areas to prevent front doors from being kicked in by key-seeking crooks.

Even more distressing, Toronto Police say home invasions and break-and-enters for auto theft rose 400 per cent in 2023.

Toronto Police were trending on X on Thursday, with thousands of tweets on the topic, most of them expressing anger.

“This is failed state-level insanity,” another added. “Hey guys do you mind making it easier for people to steal your cars so that they won’t break into your house instead? Thanks.”

End quote

========================================================

Same story, second source:

https://nowtoronto.com/news/were-co...announcement-to-tackle-gun-and-gang-violence/

Begin quote

During a news conference in Aurora on Wednesday, the premier and Canada’s Minister of Public Safety Dominic LeBlanc announced a federal investment of $121 million to tackle gun crime and gang violence in Ontario. This investment includes cracking down on growing car thefts through the Initiative to take Action Against Gun and Gang Violence (ITAAGGV).

According to the Canadian Finance and Leasing Association (CFLA), approximately 9,600 vehicles were stolen in Toronto alone in 2022, representing a 300 per cent increase since 2015.

Additionally, police services in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) have observed a combined 104 per cent increase in carjackings from 2021 to 2022, based on findings by the Criminal Intelligence Service Canada (CISC).

Overall in Ontario, rates of car theft rose by 48.3 per cent in 2022, compared to the previous year.

During the press conference, Ford also pointed out that he recognizes the unprecedented rate of crime rising in the GTA.

He says he has seen the numerous videos circulating online of individuals breaking in and stealing car keys and understands why residents are living in fear.

End quote

======================================

Old Gzr, here's my suggestion:

Late night, you're watching TV, or reading. Crash! Home invasion! Withdraw the lightweight, portable handgun from your pocket and open fire on any intruders you see. YOU shoot first. Put as many rounds into the invaders as you head for your safe room and as you gather family members to the safe room. Inside the safe room, retrieve your first pump shotgun, and if any intruder tries to kick the door, then shoot through the door or interior walls to neutralize it (not human, it is an IT, soulless aggressive beast that must be put down; if you don't neutralize it, then know that it will go on to harm other valuable human families).

If your shotgun goes empty, then move on to your next loaded shotgun, ... . If you have a magazine-fed weapon, then go for your other magazines. Due to home invasions now involving multiple assailants -- 3, 4, or even more -- extended capacity magazines could very well be required as well as multiple magazines.

Gangs used to just take what they wanted and run. This isn't true anymore. They are murdering and raping for purely recreational reasons. They rape grandmothers and children.

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. Old Geezer
      I have an easy-access safe for the firearms I might need on a moment's notice. The other safe is for the regular hunting long arms, target firearms, surplus beater rifles, and antiques.
      Don't buy these "assault rifles" -- too long 4me to tell why.
      The easy open safe is easy to open :p;). Push a few buttons and it's open. I only keep-out what I might be forced to use in an absolute instant. When away from home, everything goes in the safe. I live in a safe area, so I've not gotten a carry permit in this particular state. I do keep a large serrated edge lock-blade knife on me. I'm always using this -- 100+ uses -- cuts seat belts for injured.

https://www.gunsafes.com/GunVault-MultiVault-Biometric-GVB2000.html

https://www.gunsafes.com/Stealth-Tactical-Dorm-Safe-V50.html

Old Geezer, Mar 15, 2024
      TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  14. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Canada is my second choice after my home country, I tried to move there in the late 1970's, glad I didnt, I dont think I would like living there now with that idiot Trudeau in charge.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Hopefully the Canadian government will be greatly harmed as the Canadian dollar falls in value. I'm hoping governments across the planet go broke. Some toxins in small quantity are necessary. The human body requires iodine for the thyroid gland to work. Take-in too much iodine and you will die. Same with government. A tiny amount of government is necessary. Too much government and you get unimaginable oppression of the people.

https://financialpost.com/news/canadian-dollar-outlook-darkens

I looked and found that taxation in Canada wasn't as bad as I thought it was. Don't get me wrong, their taxation isn't a fun thingy for the people. Trudeau's penchant for regulating every aspect of the "commoners" of Canada is sick. I don't know why the Canadians haven't pushed back big-time. Shut the place down! Send Trudeau off the communist China so he can shine the dictator's shoes in person.

upload_2024-3-20_19-2-15.png

[​IMG] Another reason not to live in cities.

[​IMG]

TMT Tactical likes this.