Is it true that fish are attracted to female pheromones?

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by Lisa, Jun 15, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Lisa

Lisa Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    My boyfriend started teaching me to fish last year and he, along with others, told me that sometimes females can end up catching more fish because they leave their scent on the bait/hook etc and fish are attracted to female pheromones. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this?

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    that's a new one on me and I was a keen angler back along.

3. tb65

tb65 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Actually I doubt this is true. I went fishing with a female a while ago and she didn't catch anything, I didn't catch a lot of fish either only like one of them. When I was a kid I went fishing with my cousin father and uncle and very body did pretty good, my cousin was a female and she didn't catch more than anybody else. Maybe it could be the law of attraction if he believes this is true you both might have willed this to happen.

4. Lisa

Lisa Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    I'm not sure if there is truth in it but loads of people have said it to me because on one of our fishing trips I caught about 16 fish and the bf only caught one. So everyone I spoke to about it said it was because of the female pheromones thing. It was either that or beginners luck!

5. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    nope its beginners luck.

Lisa likes this.
  6. Lisa

Lisa Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    I've Googled it and it seems that there are conflicting theories, I think from what I've seen it's probably not true although it did say that some types of Salmon might be attracted to the female pheromones. I think I just got lucky. Either that or I'm incredibly good at fishing...:p

7. tb65

tb65 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    I think it might depend on the kind of fish also. If there are some fish that are attracted to women's pheromones, I think it would be wise to have one with you in a survival situation LOL. Salmon are good fish to eat when there wild caught.

Lisa likes this.
  8. Lisa

Lisa Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    How would you get an entire woman to stay on a tiny hook?:D

9. joshposh

joshposh Master Survivalist
      260/345

Blog Posts:
    I noticed you wrote theories and not fact. But I have never heard of such a thing. Now other animals is another thing, but fish I highly doubt it. Just because smell a certain doesn't mean they are more anxious to get hooked in the mouth by a metal object.

10. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Other. Than baiting the hook how is a fish going to smell ya ? Never heard this about fish but mammels are attracted to a female. Ive got some relly nice bucks by placeing used kotex near my stand

11. DonScott

DonScott New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    Hahahaha I think he was just looking for an excuse for not catching as many fish! If it IS true though I'd advise you to stay out of the water!

12. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    There is species of tiny Amazonian fish, the males are attracted to pheromones contained in human urine.
    They're actually very dangerous as they will attempt to swim into the urethrae and get embedded because of their dorsal spines.
    Keeping this in mind I would not dismiss the theory but I suspect it may be species and gender specific.

13. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I think its a species of piranha or so I read somewhere.

14. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    It's called a candiru. They supposedly kill more people then piranhas do.

15. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    yes i'd heard of what they do but not what the correct name was, thanks for setting the record straight.

16. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    This whole thread may imply that the original poster may need to wash her hands more often

17. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    that may be the case never mind the situation, especially post SHTF.;)

18. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't know if fish are attracted but fishermen ARE and if they can get a lady to go fishing with them they will work hard to make sure she has a good time. That said, in Texas more women are getting into fishing and hunting than ever before. In the past they were stuck at home taking care of the kids while the guys went fishing. That doesn't fly as well now. I know a lot of ladies that are serious fishers and hunters. My wife works in a dental office full of young ladies that look forward to deer season as much as any guy. Three of them hunt all three seasons bow, gun and muzzle loading. They also bow fish and regular fish. Of course they all also have a concealed carry license and carry at all times. Between them and the Dentist that is one place that a druggie wouldn't want to try and rob.

Now that women are not so tied up with big families and house work they are finding a lot of previously mostly make activities attractive and doing it with STYLE and SKILL!!!

19. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    That explains a lot, I have a cabin up in the canadian woods. i go in the water and maybe once in a while a small fish comes and touches me, but my wife every time she goes in and not just once but several times per swim. as i said that explains a lot.

20. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Well, you have to admit that the girls do smell a lot better and are more nibbly than guys.

21. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    not always!

22. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    By asking her very nicely.

TMT Tactical likes this.