Is The World's Changing Weather Presenting A Greater Threat Than Before?

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Brownbear, Jul 17, 2021.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:

A clip from the severe flooding in Germany. Whilst it is quite clear that the emergency services are very much in control of the situation, the destruction and loss of life has still been considerable.

We do seem to be experiencing more severe weather events globally, however these things do go in phases and are not helped by terminology such as "1,000 year storm" (a media term that has no currency in meteorological circles). Extreme weather events are happening somewhere in the world, all the time. In our modern age we hear and see it through modern media whereas, only a few decades ago, such events would merit little more that a "space filler" in a daily newspaper.

How do we prepare for such events? Bug out bags and plans to head for higher ground are some of the immediate & obvious answers. But what happens if severe weather events are going to become more and more frequent as the climate changes?

Potentially a deteriorating global weather system could destroy civilisation just a quickly as a war or pandemic but, also have the capability to prevent any form of building back.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    there was a paper done in 1972 that said society would begin to break down in 2040 and collapse totally by 2050 but I reckon its beginning to happen now.
    you can read it on www.express.co.uk/news/world

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Brownbear

410/460

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for the link, I shall read it.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I can agree weather is changing . I don't think mankind will ever to be able change this phenomenon . The crazy hug a tree , be vegetarian , stop oil production crowd are a bunch of fantasy world dwellers . Adapt to the weather changing cycle and overcome the change or hasten your body becoming fertilizer .

randyt, Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  5. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    nothing wrong with hugging a tree, more people should try it!:p
    maybe they wouldnt be so uptight.

poltiregist likes this.
  6. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Flooding Germany 2002

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/2194395.stm

Floods Dresden, even causes a dam to burst.

-------------------------------

Central European flooding 1997

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/1997_Central_European_flood

------------------------------------

Catastrophic flooding also occurred in Germany in the years of 1824 and 1882.

https://www.iws.uni-stuttgart.de/pu...tion_towards_modern_flood_risk_management.pdf

"One of the most extreme and devastating floods in south west Germany was the catastrophic
    flood event in October 1824, which also affected the adjacent areas in southern Germany
    and eastern France.A further severe flood event occurred in December 1882.The first
    gauging station at the Neckar River was installed in Heilbronn in 1827 (Centralbureau
    für Meteorologie und Hydrographie, 1889).Starting in 1881, continuous and systematic measurements of the water levels were carried out at six gauging stations along the Neckar
    River (Statistisch-Topographisches Bureau, 1883). At present, 17 gauging stations are installed
    along the main channel of the Neckar."

-------------------------------

There are 100 year cycles. There are 500 year cycles. There are cycles that are beyond one thousand years. There have been Earth events that we humans know nothing about. There have likely been events that have wiped-out entire civilizations. Who knows?!

I believe that some culture existed that generated the myths of Atlantis and the Great Flood of Noah's Arc fame. Some mind-numbing apocalyptic event caused a multitude of varying civilizations to have a common story-thread about its occurrence.

Bad things happen on Earth. Some come slowly. Some in the twinkling of an eye.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Brownbear

410/460

Blog Posts:
    I doubt mankind can change. There are a number of reasons for that, firstly, the decisions that need to be made to effect any meaningful change would be made by politicians, so any greater good would immediately be lost due to political wrangling and greed. Secondly the problem is bigger than mankind, short of TSHTF and everything grinding to a halt I cannot see why anyone, anywhere would want to change their lives sufficiently to gain a meaningful change. Thirdly the "climate change emergency" has become a self fulfilling prophecy and too much money and kudos is being made from it and, as a result, I do not see those who make money, use it as a political banner wanting to let their own self serving schemes go and comply with any meaningful changes.

lonewolf and TMT Tactical like this.
  8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    most humans do not want to change, (in fact I think they are incapable of changing their ways) they want their lifestyles and their holidays and their toys and they wont give them up, even when SHTF happens.
    as for politics, over here they are on a 5 year cycle so anything that takes longer than that keeps getting shelved until after the next election, then the next one and so on.

TMT Tactical and Brownbear like this.
  9. Brownbear

410/460

Blog Posts:
    Absolutely - and all that is done is mostly talking, not meaningful action.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    look at the G7, all that shutting off of roads with the ensuing upheaval and all they did was gab nothing constructive came of it, thats politicians for you.

Brownbear and TMT Tactical like this.
  11. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    It doesn't help that so many towns have been built along river valleys and flood plains... Statistically the numbers are skewed by more people living at higher density in high risk areas, meaning higher death tolls.
    Higher property values and more valuable house contents will also massively increase insurance claims.
    I wouldn't dispute the assertion that extreme weather events seem to be happening with alarming regularity....time for you guys to head for the hills?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
    Brownbear and TMT Tactical like this.
  12. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    I see all of this weather stuff as global climate change, what amazes me is that so many people see the same and then say there is no such thing as global climate change. and even worse that is is not caused by man.
    I predict that when the cost of doing nothing for global climate change is more than the cost of fixing it, then things will change. but will it be in time to save the planet is the question?

Brownbear and lonewolf like this.
  13. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
  14. Brownbear

410/460

Blog Posts:
    Interesting the you are clear that it is caused by man. I have a scientific study background and there is far from a concensus that it is man made phenomenon. The best, balanced, answer you will get is "may be caused and/or exacerbated by the activities of mankind", which his a very different statement from those that we see in the media.

There are many varied theories and scientific reasons for this conclusion, for example to list a few, there has been increased solar activity for many decades, the sun is expanding (only slightly but, ultimately, it will expand until Earth ends up as close to it as Mercury is now and, of course, that will be non-life sustaining, that will not bother any of us we will have become extinct a long time before this happens). We have gained more understanding of El Nino and La Nina effects. The nature of the planet changed, during the time of the dinosaurs there was far more CO2 in the atmosphere than now (and yet life still continued to evolve). And, so it goes on. The link between global warming and CO2 is, however, well established (google Keeling and the Keeling curve for more information). And yet, science still does not have wholly clear consensus on the causes.

One must be mindful that climate change has become a political issue (and a reason to raise taxation).

randyt, TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  15. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I have spoken to many people over the years about climate change, most seem to have a sheeple attitude in that they think its not caused by man and mankind can do what the hell like like without repercussions, which I find naive to the point of idiocy, climate change may be natural, it may be cyclical, but to think that humans actions havent had an effect, havent accelerated climate change in one form or another is rather stupid. this kind of attitude is one I have come to expect from modern people especially in the era of woke/snowflakes.

16. Brownbear

410/460

Blog Posts:
    The thing sis, that it is not conclusively proven. I tend towards it being almost certainly exacerbated by mankind, but it is the circumstances that are less clear. Are we, for example, seeing. carbon increase due to the after effects of the industrial revolution? Is it cars, or China's coal powered industry? The cutting down of so many trees in the amazon? Carbon release by permafrost in the tundra regions?

There are as many theories as climatologists.

My view is that it would not hurt in the slightest for us humans to Clea up our act. We have to look after the atmosphere because we need it to breath. So I am in favour of us humans getting our act together. If we clean our act up and it turns out to be something else entirely, well at least we will be breathing nice fresh air as we slowly die ;)

TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    all the above.

18. arctic bill

360/460

Blog Posts:
    Brown bear 97 percent or more of actively publishing climate scientists agree*: Climate-warming trends over the past century are extremely likely due to human activities. In addition, most of the leading scientific organizations worldwide have issued public statements endorsing this position. The following is a partial list of these organizations, along with links to their published statements and a selection of related resources.

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

19. Brownbear

410/460

Blog Posts:
    Simply not true Arctic Bill, NASA tend towards only promoting their own(politically driven) views - I strongly recommend take a look at some of the universities in other countries and you will see. China and India, for example, make interesting reading. I think you will be interested in what you find.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
  20. arctic bill

360/460

Blog Posts:
    I gave you the web page, If you do have some proof of what you are claiming show me.

21. arctic bill

360/460

Blog Posts:
    brown bear here are my experts . where are yours ?
    AMERICAN SCIENTIFIC SOCIETIES
    Statement on Climate Change from 18 Scientific Associations
    "Observations throughout the world make it clear that climate change is occurring, and rigorous scientific research demonstrates that the greenhouse gases emitted by human activities are the primary driver." (2009)2

• [​IMG]
      American Association for the Advancement of Science
      "Based on well-established evidence, about 97% of climate scientists have concluded that human-caused climate change is happening." (2014)3

• [​IMG]
      American Chemical Society
      "The Earth’s climate is changing in response to increasing concentrations of greenhouse gases (GHGs) and particulate matter in the atmosphere, largely as the result of human activities." (2016-2019)4

• [​IMG]
      American Geophysical Union
      "Based on extensive scientific evidence, it is extremely likely that human activities, especially emissions of greenhouse gases, are the dominant cause of the observed warming since the mid-20th century. There is no alterative explanation supported by convincing evidence." (2019)5

• [​IMG]
      American Medical Association
      "Our AMA ... supports the findings of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s fourth assessment report and concurs with the scientific consensus that the Earth is undergoing adverse global climate change and that anthropogenic contributions are significant." (2019)6

• [​IMG]
      American Meteorological Society
      "Research has found a human influence on the climate of the past several decades ... The IPCC (2013), USGCRP (2017), and USGCRP (2018) indicate that it is extremely likely that human influence has been the dominant cause of the observed warming since the mid-twentieth century." (2019)7

• [​IMG]
      American Physical Society
      "Earth's changing climate is a critical issue and poses the risk of significant environmental, social and economic disruptions around the globe. While natural sources of climate variability are significant, multiple lines of evidence indicate that human influences have had an increasingly dominant effect on global climate warming observed since the mid-twentieth century." (2015)8

• [​IMG]
      The Geological Society of America
      "The Geological Society of America (GSA) concurs with assessments by the National Academies of Science (2005), the National Research Council (2011), the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC, 2013) and the U.S. Global Change Research Program (Melillo et al., 2014) that global climate has warmed in response to increasing concentrations of carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gases ... Human activities (mainly greenhouse-gas emissions) are the dominant cause of the rapid warming since the middle 1900s (IPCC, 2013)." (2015)

22. Brownbear

410/460

Blog Posts:
    Sorry Arctic Bill, do you mean the ten years obtaining a degree in the subject as opposed to doing a google search? I have recommended you look outside NASA and suggested you will find a different picture as NASA like all national agencies have a political intention alongside research - I will give you a specific example of that, science, I am sure we would agree should be unbiased. However I know someone that worked for decades in UK science funded, something in the UK that we call a Quango - a quasi non governmental organisation. Oil research and discovery was given a priority for funding, so you can clearly see apolitical element. This really is the key point, each and every country has an agenda, scientific funding is provided for that agenda. In the west it is in line with current thinking that most countries support the man-made idea. I do, but the picture is lager and it is beneficial to look outside the box. I will give you an example of this. BBC news (UK) has been kicking around a story claiming that 23 out of the 25 of the world's most polluting cities are in China. The most polluting city being Moscow in Russia. Now this may be true, but the news articles are written in such a way that might make one believe that they are the only polluting cities which, of course, they clearly are not. But it is easy to see a media driven picture that suggests we, in the west, are somehow being disadvantaged by other "uncaring" countries, which of course is also not true.

By the way did you look round at university research outside the US, as it appears you have simply reposted your early post but made the icons larger -which comes across as rather rude which, I am absolutely sure is not your intention.

Can I ask you though, do you agree with the agencies whom you have posted as evidential?

23. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I think that the climate is changing. I know that we have now gone decades without monster swings of fortune. We Earthlings have been very lucky. A bunch of history-altering earthquakes are coming, that's for sure. We'll see how the weather goes.

NOAA fudges numbers. I know that in the medical realm, studies are constructed to prove a point. Physicians help-out the drug companies and visa-versa. Once physicians began betraying the Hippocratic Oath and performing abortions, seems the gates of Hell were let open. More and more, scientists are prostituting their ethics into the abyss of meaninglessness.

https://www.investors.com/politics/...stical-fraud-behind-the-global-warming-scare/

https://townhall.com/columnists/hst...ims-are-based-on-manipulated-science-n2586662

Man-made climate change fits the agenda of the anti-capitalists, so the Materialist / Globalist Religion must get its scientists to march in lock-step to support the official set of dogmas.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  24. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    The problem with proving the theory of what is causing climate change is that it is incredibly complex to quantify...we can see a general trend of global warming, watch species go extinct and know that we are shitting our own nest without being able to prove it with any measure of exactitude...it's too big and too complicated a task...so those with an agenda are able to deny it's happening in the pursuit of a few more years of profit.
    Since everything is interdependent and constantly changing, base measurements and outside influences are a real problem for climate scientists who need accurate measurements. Good science is exact, quantifiable, measurable, so man made climate change remains a theory even though many well informed people absolutely believe it to be true.

Brownbear likes this.
    1. View previous comments...
    2. Ystranc
      The flat Earth hypothesis (a perfect example of the egocentricity of humans) would have been considerably easier to disprove, we also believed that we were at the centre of the universe at one time.
      Both theories were completely debunked by observation and careful measurement yet even in the face of evidence there are still people that claim the earth is flat or that everything revolves around us....go figure.:rolleyes:

Ystranc, Jul 20, 2021
  25. Brownbear

410/460

Blog Posts:
    That in a nutshell is the problem. Science knows the planet is warming, but even the timescale is a worry as geologically a human's lifespan is merely the blink of an eye, it could be centuries before enough is really known to be able to pin down exact causes. Sadly, the issue of climate change has become politicised which only serves to undermine the hard work of a great many scientists' data gathering work. I work on the principle that a warming planet will cause an increase in severe weather events, and that is not good for any of us. The problem with even that belief is that one can go back through the history books and find extreme weather events of a cataclysmic nature from before the industrial revolution, so effectively before there were enough humans on earth to have had a meaningful effect.

An interrelated issue is, of course, the rubbish and pollution caused by humans. We can clearly see that the amount of plastic waste linked to excessive consumerism is a really bad thing. It affects wildlife and, to be frank, who wants to live in a dustbin? Somehow this issue has been lumped into climate change but is not really climate change related (probably because organisations like Greenpeace campaign on both issues).

A final thought on weather events relates to how we report them. The media has become exceptionally fond of referring to events as a"hundred year event" with the flooding in Germany/Austria?Belgium etc being referred to as a 1,000 year event. A couple of issues with this is that to classify something as a "100 year event" does not actually mean it happens every hundred years. It could happen in 2021 and not for 100 years, or happen in 2021 and again in 2022 and then not for 200 years. It is a meaningless use of theoretical timescales that has poached part of the language used when determining probability and then used improperly. Additionally within those timescales the landscape will have altered. If one looks at the awful flooding in Germany etc, there is no record of this having happened with living memory, or to put it a slightly different way, since before metalled roads, drainage systems and new build development, so the topography off the area has altered considerably even though the geology has not. That makes it incredibly hard to make a clear and meaningful comparison.

My money is on the climate changing, I genuinely think that is what we are seeing, but is it caused or exacerbated by man? The effects (eg my comments on the last paragraph) are certainly exacerbated by the way we build cities and how modern buildings are designed, our plethora of vehicles etc certainly affect air quality. We certainly treat the planet like our own personal dustbin. But is it all caused by mankind? I don't know and there is no real consensus within the scientific community. But having said all that it would be rather foolish not to clean our act up, not just in case it may be down to human activity, but if we don't look after the air we breathe, the water we drink etc we might as well pack up shop now because we, as a species (along with many others) will not survive.

As Edinburgh University geology professor Ian Stewart said "the planet will be fine, it will recover, we just won't be here to see it".

TMT Tactical and Ystranc like this.
  26. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    The rubbish and pollution issue is entirely our own cross to bear. Over consumption and gross consumerism have gone unchecked for decades...it wasn't always so.
    There are places in the UK where you can look out and see a rolling green hill and be totally unaware that beneath it is a festering mass of landfill. Literally mountains made of putrid rubbish with a thin veneer of grass over them.
    There was recently an archeological dig into a 30 year old landfill site which revealed the fact that our buried rubbish is not breaking down as expected and will in fact resurface at some time in the future due to erosion.
    I was once told that the measure of a good man is one who leaves the world a better place for his existence...

Brownbear likes this.
  27. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    there is an old landfill near the coast in North Devon that is now being uncovered by regular high tides and all the landfill rubbish is being exposed .
    Northam Burrows landfill site closed in 1990.

Ystranc, TMT Tactical and Brownbear like this.
  28. arctic bill

360/460

Blog Posts:
    No i did not make them bigger i just copied and pasted, I do agree that this topic is very political, we are definitely being manipulated by the players. I wonder how much research is done by and for oil companies to prove climate changes does not exist. I am very worried about the future of this planet. I do think we can solve this problem but we need all hands on deck so to speak.

29. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    We must stop the coming ice age. Its the only logical thing to do and all experts agree that its coming.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  30. Brownbear

410/460

Blog Posts:
    This hits on one of the key issues, and that is that money is involved, huge amounts of money and huge corporations. I don't how much research is done by and for oil companies to prove climate change does not exist and, they are unsurprisingly very tight lipped about such things, and I am very wary of information that comes up to that effect from the green press as they too have an agenda. As I mentioned earlier, it appears that research for for oil gets a green light but, logically, it would do as despite a great deal of cage rattling about green fuels the world is nowhere near being unreliant on oil (and to be fair, I drive and expect you do too, so even in our personal lives we are reliant on oil as consumers). I think that we have made progress, alternative power generation is coming on slowly but steadily, and I hold the view that as, certainly in the western world, we are so car reliant that it might be better if less oil was used up on plastic packaging to retain the oil reserves for future transport use.

The language surrounding climate change does not help. One of my university lecturers many years ago used the phrase "climate change denier" in a lecture. I took issue with him over it's use. He likened it to the holocaust and was very emphatic that climate change does and would kill just as many people in the future. I asked him for evidence which, of course he was unable to give. This was a hugely qualified guy with a well reputed scientific background. To me this shows that opinions are very strong and deeply held opinions rarely make for open minded progress.

Climate change may be man made - I believe it is too early to tell. Is it exacerbated by man? Well I'd rather we didn't play chance with one, if humans are behind it or not we as a species do need to clean our act up. So why are we taking a chance? I think we don't really have much choice. If the world was to go totally green overnight economies would collapse, food production would fail and we would actually be taking ourselves into a SHTF scenario. But will we change before it is too late? My honest opinion after ten years of study is simply that we are f****d, it is in my view too late, and anything that is done now is merely (or in some cases actual) firefighting but I think we reached the theoretical "tipping point" before being green became fashionable and, as a result, in the media. I cannot prove this and I cannot provide evidence to support that belief, so it is a purely personal opinion based on the widespread nature of the problems and cases I studied and, of course, as with any other human I have my own personal biases. My hope is that out of the new green awareness and leading figures for planetary reform (Sir David Attenborough etc) people will think about the way they live and we might be able to tough it out, but who knows?

Ystranc and TMT Tactical like this.
  31. arctic bill

360/460

Blog Posts:
    Fair enough , one point that i wish to point out is that if people think that climate change is not caused by man then they have a right to that opinion, however the rest of the world has the right to fight it with all their resources and those that disagree should and must stand aside. I sometimes hear that what i call deniers go out of they way to burn as much oil, gas and coal in spite and that really p@#$ me off .

Brownbear likes this.
  32. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    If it warms up and the asphalt roads melt making trucking in food or other niceties a thing of the past , I will adapt , perhaps by going underground to seek lower temperatures . If the world freezes over , I will cut more firewood or perhaps as above go underground . Either way I plan to adapt . I will not be trying to change the world , just my survival technique . If a global climate change kills off a huge portion of the human population , then as a prepper / survivalist will have a more barren landscape to enjoy , as I plan to be a survivor . --- I had a neighbor that dug a grave like hole and move his bed into it , to get away from his wife . Now that is ingenious adapting .

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    lonewolf, Ystranc and TMT Tactical like this.
  33. Duncan

Duncan Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    Almost everyone here has a belief regarding (1) the existence climate change; and (2) if it exists, whether or not it is primarily anthropogenic. Why we have these disparate beliefs is driven by a lot of things: our political philosophies, what we learned (or didn't) in school or on the job, what friends tell us, and what "research" we did by surfing the Internet.

It doesn't matter. What we learn is probably not ever going to change our belief, even if we have our noses rubbed in it. People will almost always believe what they want to, and -- to be honest -- why should any of us care what the other people believe?

I believe that climate change is very real and it's either entirely or primarily anthropogenic in nature. Whether I'm right or wrong doesn't matter that much to any of you and certainly doesn't matter to Mother Nature. What makes sense to me as a prepper and (hopefully) a survivalist is whether or not my beliefs are properly impacting my preps, i.e., increasing my chances of surviving Hard Times.

Four years ago, Dawn and I (both of whom buy into anthropogenic climate change) realized that we can't change anyone's mind, and have to look out for ourselves and our family. The only way we could do this - given our beliefs -- would to be find a place which we believe will be less impacted by such a change, and move there.

From that point on, we started researching places which we thought were the safest place we can go to which will give us the best chance of surviving and prospering when-and-if climate change is as close and as catastrophic as we believe it to be.

For us, this started with picking a region, which meant North America and South America (except Brazil). One driver was we wanted to be able so speak and understand the people, and since we only know English and Spanish. We are culturally United States people so we limited it further to the contiguous USA. We looked for

• A larger state with a small population;
    • A very strong and stable aquifer;
    • Presently has a temperate four-season climate;
    • Folks in general and neighbors in particular who tend to be strongly prepper oriented;
    • People who are suspicious at best of government interference;
    • A place which already has a very strong rural/farming infrastructure.

Based on that, we moved from the Phoenix AZ area to southern Idaho, homesteaded an acre-and-a-half mini farm, got to know our neighbors, and have (so far) done quite well.

I'll be honest; I don't understand why almost everyone on all of the prepper fora I've been on is more interested in arguing over which politician is "best" or whose firearm choice is "best" or whose climate change theory is "best". Who cares? I don't get any brownie points by convincing you that the .30-'06 is "better" than the Creedmore or that Trump is "better" than Biden; I get brownie points by finishing off the PV modules for my home, minimizing the inherent problems with Roundup herbicide, and picking the best layers for the henhouse.

Isn't that what serious prepping is all about? Am I missing something here?

34. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I think that Argentina would be a reasonably sane place to live. Their economy keeps failing and they do have their fair share of violence, however the Argentines keep on keeping on. I've only known a handful of Argentinians, so I can't speak in any way authoritarianly about the country.

poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.
  35. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    not if your British its not (Falklands war) , its an okay place for ex nazi's to live though.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  36. Duncan

Duncan Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    I've met a lot of Argies, back when I was doing courseware for helicopter users. Argentina was interested in the Apache and our marketing people had us put together a one-day intro for both the maintainers and operators. Bothe the warrant officers and enlisted people were smart, bi-lingual, and friendly, although Argentinian army people probably aren't typical of the average person there.

They all raved about how great the wine is in Mendoza, which is in the west at the foot of the Andes, and a two hour drive to Santiago, the biggest city and capital of Chile. That's a good place; once outside the city, it's similar to central Wyoming or Montana, only a bit wetter. On the other hand, you're close enough to Chile which I consider a much safer place if you're looking for an international homestead.

37. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    China and India are the two most polluting countries in the world, until and unless that can be controlled there is no point tinkering around the edges.

Old Geezer and TMT Tactical like this.
  38. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    DirtDiva and TMT Tactical like this.
  39. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    typical! dont worry about Charlie, you've got bigger problems over there with Dementia Joe!! nothing will change your typical American consumer lifestyle, COP26 is no more than a talking shop nothing will come of it, big business will see to that.
    the weather is definitely changing, in past years at this time of year we would have frost, now its just rain and lots of it, the climate is definitely changing.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  40. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm a broken record, but one more time. The planet is warming and it is going to get much hotter. For the areas at the latitudes of Europe and the US, that will be an increase of some 25 degrees Celsius. Taking the average temps into the average of 50 Celsius or 122 Fahrenheit. Our planets natural state is tropical or subtropical EVERYWHERE! Including the Antarctic. This is what has happened every time the ice receeds. If we as a species are to survive long term we need to prepare for higher sea levels, less arable land, more violent weather, oceans with lower salinity levels.

now the question is, how do us piss ant people calculate into the equation with our over population and pollution. Personally, I believe that if we can't quickly become better stewards of the planet, we will be replaced. Yes, extinction of the species. The very properties that make the planet habitable for us, are also the very systems we are "attacking" with our technology and disposable/throw away societies. Modern agriculture has destroyed the biology of the soil we rely on for food. We no longer get that biology in our food and it's killing us with diseases that our ancestors had never seen. Our plastic junk made from "liquid dinosauers" as my daughters call it, are now found in microscopic amounts, in every ocean on the planet and in the very seafood we eat. Does that sound appatizing?

As to the OP. Yes the weather is presenting greater threats. Weather patterns are producing worse storms and we better figure out how to not only survive them, but live with them.

just my opinion.

Dale

none of this will be in my. Lifetime of anyone here but our children or grandchildren may see much of it. It should take another 5000 years but we changed that. At current levels the planet may have no other permanent ice within 100 years. This will test us as the ice sheets tested our ancestors.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
    lonewolf and DirtDiva like this.
  41. arctic bill

360/460

Blog Posts:
    what pisses me off a lot is that all these climate change warrior go to these meetings in private jets, causing even more damage. You have got to give it to Greta Thunberg she visited the united state by sailing boat , no green house effect.
    All these people should take commercial air lines to and from these events.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  42. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Truth be told, humans have gotten spoiled due to the number of decades we have had that saw profoundly non-aggressive weather patterns. Huge storms, floods, droughts, you-name-it are the norm. During these good times, the Earth's population has grown to non-sustainable levels. We are approaching eight billion people, 8,000,000.000. The population concentration levels per unit of land is nuts in some countries. If this isn't a ticking time-bomb, then what is?!

The temps are currently going up, but things could go the other way. Today on Earth, 48 active volcanoes are spewing millions of tons of sulfur into the atmosphere. That sulfur will react with atmospheric moisture and form sulfuric acid. Sulfuric acid reflects radiation back out into space. The particulates of volcanic ash also block radiation from striking down into the lower atmospheric layers. And oh by the way, the Pacific Ring of Fire is heating up, thus look for even more volcanic activity.

The sulfuric acid that manages to make its way back down to earth via rain causes the soil to become more acid and that sure does not help with crop outputs.

On planet Earth, crazy weather is the norm. The abnormally decent weather we have been having resulted in wonderful crop outputs. Add to that, genetically modified crops have been propping-up Earth's human overpopulation. All of this is going to change boys and girls. The results will be massive wars and famine.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  43. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/10/antarctica-chills-with-coldest-winter-on-record/

"Between April and September, a research station sitting on a high plateau in Antarctica, registered an average temperature of minus 78 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 61 degrees Celsius). That’s the coldest temperature recorded since record keeping began in 1957, and about 4.5 F (2.5 C) lower than the most recent 30-year average, according to The Washington Post.

"The previous record for the coldest winter was minus 77 F (minus 60.6 C) in 1976, Stefano Di Battista, a journalist wrote on Twitter. The Post learned of this record through Battista, but then confirmed the information with Richard Cullather, a research scientist at NASA’s Global Modeling and Assimilation Office."

TMT Tactical likes this.
  44. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    If you are living in the NorthEastern U.S., watch out, a blast of cold weather is headed your way.

"Coldest Airmass On Planet Will Be Over New England On Friday Night"

https://www.zerohedge.com/weather/coldest-airmass-planet-will-be-over-new-england-friday-night

"'A ferocious Arctic blast will bring dangerous cold and blowing snow Friday into Saturday,' tweeted the National Weather Service in Maine, as it forecasted bone-chilling weather, with 'wind chills in the 50s below across the north.'

[​IMG]

Ystranc and TMT Tactical like this.
  45. Brownbear

410/460

Blog Posts:
    The UK's minister responsible for going to COP27, a chap named Alok Sharma apparently took 27 private jet flights to visit other delegates prior to COP27. Not really setting an example to the rest of us....

46. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    These elitists see themselves as the rightful rulers of "the rest of us". Their insatiable egos do not give quarter to any thoughts of them being simply other human beings. In their minds, they are gods and we are the cattle they own. If a few million die here or there, so what. We are statistics to them. Only their lives count. In their private aircraft, they fly over their herds looking down on them.

Ystranc, Brownbear and TMT Tactical like this.
    1. Ystranc
      We need to vote these people back into obscurity. Then elect St Greta so she can sort it out or shut the **** up

Ystranc, Feb 5, 2023
  47. Brownbear

410/460

Blog Posts:
    I am sure you are right, I certainly feel that if one espouses change, then one should demonstrate that by example. The age old "do as we say, not as we do" attitude of those who govern is starting to wear a bit thin in the modern media age.

Old Geezer and TMT Tactical like this.
  48. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  49. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm not very impressed with the endless climate end of the world predictions. Sometimes we are going to be burned up and then next year they are telling us we are going to freeze to death. In the end neither is happening. WEATHER is variable that is the difference between weather and climate. Just because we have a hard winter is NO indication that we are having an iceage. The same goes for the winters that are VERY mild and the summers are very hot. THAT IS WEATHER. Climate is about weather measured in decades or centuries not weeks and months or even years.

When you get older and look back you see the flux of the weather forcasting for what it is. About the best that we can do at this time as far as weather prediction is tell us what it is doing NOW and what we THINK it may do for the next few days.

I remember years when I went swimming in between Christmas and New Years. There have just been years where we skipped strait from fall to spring without ever having winter. Gardens that you normally have to replant every spring will be still growing and producing when it is normally time to replant your garden!

IF we do have a massive climate change it may be the best thing for humanity as a whole. If you are too stupid to adapt I hope that you will be allowed to die and not be allowed to contribute to and contaminate the human genome further.

Sorry for my misspelling my spellcheck has gone ape crap!!!

You know, if the people that decided how spelling worked had been in charge of math, two plus two would be four on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and then Five on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and equal to the square root of zero on Sunday!!!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2023
    Blitz and TMT Tactical like this.
  50. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Weather is one thing but the climate is something else and the climate is definitely changing,
    mind you, the oil industry knew all about climate change 40 years ago, they had their own scientists and their scientists knew all about climate change, but the oil industry suppressed the data all in the name of profit.

Brownbear likes this.