Is There Also Such Push For Electric Cars In Your Country?

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Yenix, Mar 1, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Yenix

Yenix Well-Known Member
      67/115

Blog Posts:
    Hello everyone. I wanted to ask, how is the car electrification going in your countries..?

Because here, in the Middle Earth, I mean, Europe, some car models are becoming electric-only in near future, or at least hybrid. I am no fan of electric cars at all, but what scares me the most, that there is also a strong push on closing coal power plants, as they are yucky, ugly, dirty, whatsoever... and the nuclear powerplants need to be closed too, as they are sooo dangerous (look at Чернобыль, Fukushima)... but we have almost no other options... Renewable power sources are generating only a fraction of power we need and nothing else in the sleeve.

I am having a strange feeling, that it all would lead to strong control of people because the electricity will be extremely valuable and if you will not behave, they will not sell you kilowatts...

Morgan101, Keith H. and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard !
      297/345

Blog Posts:
    Once the government quit giving away taxpayer dollars, the solar and electric car industry starting fading back to a very small percentage of the market. Yes we do have our political fruit cakes talking about the Green Deal and doing away with all fossil fuel vehicles and power generating plants but again, they have to face the one major problem, they can't get the numbers to lie. Renewable (non-fossil fuel) cannot and will not be able to provide the needed power for our current needs, much less our future needs.

Morgan101 and Yenix like this.
  3. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    I have nothing against electric vehicles for local travel but they simply don't have the range for me to do the kind of mileage that I do without long enforced breaks to recharge.
    The issue of supply is really going to come to a head anyway (even without the advent of electric vehicles) as the last of the outdated electricity generation plants shut down.

TexDanm and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      425/460

Blog Posts:
    Nothing happening over here at present re electric cars, Australia is a large country & long distances between built up areas. However, wind & solar power are on the increase. Whether or not they will phase out coal in time to stabilise global warming climate change or not is debatable, but I think not. The corrupt to the core government here is under the thumb of corporatism, & Australians in general are known world wide for their apathy. In order to stop the extinction of all life on earth, the people need to rise up world wide & sack the government & take control, & that is not going to happen. Our great grandchildren are not likely to survive this.
    Jobs in the coal industry & logging are no longer important, electricity is no longer important! What is important is stabilising climate change at its present level, NOW!
    Keith.
    15329f763e62c635a8ff0208c736ad6d.jpeg

5. Morgan101

Morgan101 Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    Electric cars are not cost effective. They are considerably more expensive to purchase. As an example a Chevrolet Bolt, electric car, purchased new (MSRP) will cost $38,000 to $44,000.00. A Chevrolet Malibu, same manufacturer, comparable size and features purchased new (MSRP) will cost $22,000 to $25,000.00. They do not have the range of a gasoline powered car. You cannot drive as far without having to recharge the batteries, and charging batteries is not free. You are using electricity derived from fossil fuels, so that cost depends on the rate you pay per kilowatt hour. The cost of batteries is very high, somewhere over $3000.00, and batteries are warranted for 8-10 years.

While the concept may sound good I wouldn't expect to see much growth in the industry until the cost comes down closer to gasoline powered cars. Why would I want to spend twice as much money for something that gives me no advantage over what I have now?

TMT Tactical, Ystranc and Yenix like this.
  6. Yenix

Yenix Well-Known Member
      67/115

Blog Posts:
    Maybe because there will be nothing else to choose on the market? Here in Europe, with older cars, you cannot enter many cities (because they are dirty) already and it is getting worse every month.

Funny thing is, that i.e. in Hamburg, they banned diesel cars (in Europe it is like 50/50 with petrol cars), but every day, there is a huge ship leaving the Hamburg port loaded with shrimp caught in Germany. It is heading to Morroco, where they shell those shrimp (as in Gemany no one wants to do it) and the same ship takes it back to Germany. And this beast is running on mazut, leaving a heavy smelly cloud above all city for 1,5 hours. A this is ok to authorities. Strange world we live in...

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  7. Morgan101

Morgan101 Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    I try not to think about Government regulation. None of it makes any sense. I worked in the renewable energy business for a short time. We were required to build a fence around a solar facility that was 1 square mile to protect (keep out) the desert tortoise. How many desert tortoises it saved I do not know, but it was a significant cost added to the project.

Wind turbines kill thousands of birds each year including endangered species, but there are no regulations stopping them. Here is a link that also tells some not-so-flattering things about the Wind industry. Why is one regulated, and the other not? Makes no sense.

https://www.instituteforenergyresea...inds-dirty-little-secret-rare-earth-minerals/

TMT Tactical and Yenix like this.
  8. Yenix

Yenix Well-Known Member
      67/115

Blog Posts:
    LoL. Didn' know about it. There is always a downside if you think more deeply.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    ....is there a source or reference to this? I've heard this before but wasn't sure if I believed it or not. I'd appreciate any links.

10. Morgan101

Morgan101 Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    You can look at the link I posted earlier from the Institute for Energy Research. Here is another one from Audubon: https://www.audubon.org/news/will-wind-turbines-ever-be-safe-birds. Here is another from an organization called Tree Hugger: https://www.treehugger.com/renewabl...ds-annually-house-cats-around-3000000000.html

They seem to confirm the 300,000 number but condone it since it is a small percentage of bird fatalities.

I don't know if there is a safe way to employ wind energy, and I am not trying to debate the merits of one form of energy over another. My question lies in why some industries are regulated to the point of extinction while others seem to get a free pass? The regulations seem arbitrary depending on who is in office at the time, and how the political wind is blowing (no pun intended).

Yenix and TMT Tactical like this.
  11. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    In the end, the biggest advantage as far as the government would be concerned about electric cars is that they will limit the movements of its populace. It also will make people have to live in cities and going off the grid will mean you are walking. Electric cars are a good idea but we are still several major leaps from making them truely usable for people that have to travel. I live in Texas. People here think nothing of driving 50 or more miles one way to work. My wife today is working 60 miles from home.

The thing that you HAVE to understand about liberals is that they deal with feelings and not thinking. Reality is only slightly a part of their world view. They take a hand full of theories and then run with them as if they are facts and then want to make HUGE changes in the world based on an only hazy idea that has almost no factual backing. They use these twisted thoughts to mostly tear down our culture.

Fact, dams have killed many times more people than nuclear reactors. Fact, Modern coal-fired generating plants don't release smoke. About the only "pollutant" that they release is CO2. I have often fished in lakes that were made for use by coal-fired plants and you can't detect any smell or smoke from any of them at any time. Fact, extinction of species has been going on a lot longer than people have been around.

Extinction happens when a species is unable to ADAPT to changes in their environment. Birds that are too stupid to adapt to windmills are already doomed. The fact is that birds are pretty smart and will learn and adapt to this danger and avoid it. Windmills were common in the past and yet the birds survived.

Honestly, I'm not as worried about the birds and critters as I am humanity. When you stop dealing with reality you are locked into unrealistic behavior. How can a species adapt if they refuse to view their world as it is and not as they fear or wish it to be?

Morgan101, Yenix and TMT Tactical like this.
  12. watcherchris

watcherchris Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    by Texdanm,

Electric cars are the perfect tool for more properly and politically/socially Herding people and a nation like cattle.

An all electric car or truck would be much easier to simply shut down the whole system....particularly with computer controls over it.

Next to that would be all public transportation.

Electric cars and trucks cannot ship and trans ship goods and services as to which we are accustomed on our highways and interstates...which means our shelves will quickly go empty in our department stores as well as grocery stores.

You folks don't need a scientific highly educated "Expert/politician" to mistranslate/lie to us as to where this will lead in this country.

My non Ishmaelite .02,

Watcherchris

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  13. lonewolf

lonewolf Moderator Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    the problem over here is the lacking of charging points outside of city limits which would tend to make them a city vehicle only.
    also as Ystranc has intimated this would put more of a strain on the electric grid which has come close to collapse in the past.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. watcherchris

330/345

Blog Posts:
    I verily agree...it is the same here in the States.

In effect....electric vehicles is a system of Ishmaelite bondage and control over people. It is a variation of "Herding."

Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite

TMT Tactical and lonewolf like this.
  15. watcherchris

330/345

Blog Posts:
    By the way lonewolf....one facet of electricity generation of which most Americans are woefully ignorant here in the states...

And that is in the summers...the electric power plants are often generating electricity close to their output limits to keep the air conditioners going along with other gadgets which make up our lifestyles.

This means...add electric car charging stations and it may, in many cities, be over the output limits...particularly in the hot summer months.

People...particularly Americans, have no idea what thought, training, and or products make up their lifestyles..and for which they take for granted every day. They expect to pay their monies and it be there ..all the buttons work.

Americans can be pretty dense or ignorant about their lifestyles and what systems support the same.

Imagine the cell phone system going down because the electric grid went down!!??

Many cell phone systems have back up generators..but what if the system goes down for a long long time.??

Glad I still have my Ham Radio. Spoke to my friend last night...some 400 miles west of me. Hope to speak to him again tonight.

Thanks,
    Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite

16. lonewolf

lonewolf Moderator Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    we nearly lost power in the UK for about 3 years running during the winters, must have been all those extra cups of tea? only avoided it because they brought some old diesel plants back on line but these are due to be decommissioned soon.

17. Yenix

Yenix Well-Known Member
      67/115

Blog Posts:
    It does not necessarily have to be "long time". Here in Czech, the cell phone tower closest to me (and practically the only one that covers my place) went down after some 4 hours without electricity. We had no power for almost 28 hours, as there was a huge amount of snowfall this winter and many trees damaged the lines in inaccessible areas.

18. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Where I live we are surrounded by lakes that are all hydroelectric dams. I suspect that we run a rather large surplus and provide more to the grid than we use by a large margin. Also up until a few years ago we also had several coal mines that were basically just fuel for coal-fired generating facilities. They had huge cooling lakes connected to them that offered some really special fishing because of the warm water keeping the lake warm year around. As with all coal operations, the government restricted them into closing down.

If you close down all the nuclear power plants and then all the coal-powered plants and gas-fired plants where exactly are you going to get the power to make up the shortage this is going to cause much less if you add more demands to the power grid.

This is a HUGE part of the "liberal" problem. They seem to be short-sighted to the point of near blindness. They are constantly acting without first looking at the long term repercussions of their actions. They crippled our military to the point that we can't even fight and win a war with a third world country. If we are attacked we will have to draft or surrender because our standing military is not large enough to fight a war.

In every place that the liberals have taken power and enacted their policies total chaos, financial ruin and violence have followed. What you have to understand is that the conservative majority is different than the much more vocal liberal minority. People don't realize the true facts.

For example, a LOT of people, based on what they see on TV, think that Blacks in the USA represent a large percentage of the voting population. It is like they want to demand half. The fact is that they are only about 14% of the population and just slightly over 10% of the voting population.

There seem to be more liberals because they make the most noise and get the most coverage on the TV. Also, because they are more emotion focused, I suspect that they are more likely to vote and do so as a solid block. Conservatives are more interested in their families and homes and less focused on social issues. Conservatives don't riot or have marches or pep rallies like the liberals because basically, we are more individualistic.

This push for electric cars is like so many other things that they have pushed in the past. It sounds great now but then when it starts to fall apart they will just whine and blame it on others. In the future I have no doubt that electric cars will be better than what we have now but the batteries will have to weigh less, hold more power and recharge a lot faster.

19. watcherchris

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Texdanm,

Wow is this ever in the X ring....Bullseye!!!

And this too.......in the X ring..

This is also a mark of Ishmael...chaos..and violence as a result.

In certain places in the Bible Violence is the tell tale give away of Ishmael and Ishmaelites run amok...

"For they have filled the land with violence and turned to provoke me to anger....."

Filling the land with violence is an important tell tale...as is setting the stage for such violence among leadership....,manufacturing such conditions for violence.

Again this is true...

Followed by this which is also true...

Agree in that these leftist/liberals tend to vote more as a solid block.....until the 2016 election and many many Americans had enough with Obama Care and other obvious fiascos in the making for America...to put us into social and political bondage....and these fed up Americans came out to vote as a block...against the left.
    The left could not cheat sufficient in 2016 to cover what had happened in America.
    Americans had enough of professional career politicians....and so voted stunning everyone in politics.

Even now...today it is obvious that the left is blinded by their very devout and zealous political religion and are doing little to nothing for the American people but more giveaways on the public purse....and more chaos.

I am so gratified to see more and more Americans catching on to how fake and phony our media is in trying to socially/politically "Herd" our country into giving up and ceding our liberties to the deep state Ishmaelites.

I hope to see Trump and Company in a position to teach/expose the workings of the Deep State to the American People and how they have been continually selling Americans and America down the drain for international power and control over our lives.

If he runs and wins in 2020 ...this is something I would like to see...along with a serious overhaul of our public school systems....or turn them back over to the various states.

Yeah....emotions...drama drama drama....Dr. Phil and Jerry Springer..what a scam...on the American people...drama queens run amok ...and the shame of it is that these people are voters.

ok...off my soap box now...

Thanks,
    Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite

I want to see more of this happening before the 2020 election...the MSM falling flat on their face.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  20. Morgan101

Morgan101 Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    TexDanm: Everything was spot on. I would include that the media in this country is 95% liberal, and they only report the things that will support their agenda. You have to search to find even another point of view, and I don't know what the truth is. There are so many warring factions all claiming to be truthful.