"jaggery", A Medicinal Asian Food

Discussion in 'First Aid and Medicine' started by Pragmatist, Mar 31, 2021.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/20210330-jaggery-south-asias-sweet-sentimental-cure-all

Good morning all,

It's a sugar without the refinements of white sugar.

Although high quality for a medical emergency out in the wilderness, whether south Asia or north Asia, it's still a sugar so excessive consumption can still be unhealthy.

Article quotes from an ag book: "Sugarcane ...... provides the cheapest form of energy-giving food with the lowest unit of land area per unit of energy produced".

Article mentions and has a hyperlink to the Karakoran Highway linking Pakistan to China.

I've had jaggery and it's good. For my current physical and socio-type Prepper type preparedness, I rely on raw honey, the nectar of the gods.

TMT Tactical likes this.