Jakarta Floods

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Jan 2, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-50969418

Good morning all,

Per ...

Note the picture of baby being rescued with use of an inflatable children's swimming pool.

Prepper Reminder:

Rubber Boots and a couple of bottles of bleach as disinfectant from flood waters where ever you are.

Advanced-level preppers: Rubber boots PLUS rubber boots that fit over leather boots. Have both ready. Who the Hades knows what the situations will evolve to. Here, we also have flash floods.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    I'm kinda surprised this news reach outside South East Asia & Australia (they typically doesn't)

Anyway to put things in perspective. The affected area is Jakarta Metro Area, which mean we are looking at 6,342.7 km2 / 2,448.9 sq mi area, with population around 33 million with seafront at the northern side (Java Sea) and mountainous terrain on the southern side.

At the time of this writing the death toll stand at 43 along with over 409.000 being displaced. With more people who were evacuating to the nearest unaffected hotel, relatives, friend remain unaccounted in the statistic (my parents included in this category)

The flood at some places within Jakarta city proper.

The flood at the western periphery (outside Jakarta)

From what I managed to gather from my parents, they've already coming home and began setting up make shift command center for their neighbourhood and assisting in coordinating relief effort.

On the sidenote : there will be real hefty repair bill for all the motor vehicle. My mother car was floating in the garage, and my dad car was under the water for some time.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

All the best of hopes for your parents safe return home from the JKT floods.

You're right. Typically this type of news isn't reported here to general audiences.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

A real good program - both the support aspects for the JKT flooding and also for the overall addressing of preventing mass infections via a disinfecting program.

Let's ask our Forum Members if they have this type of program in place.

My exit-entrance doors have a Walmart bought large dishwashing plastic basin, a bottle of bleach and some rags.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    Unfortunately in another 5 - 10 years the same flood will happen again. Jakarta is sinking fast and there is no way out of the situation.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    You can fool mother nature BUT she will win out in the end.