Journalist fires a rifle, gets "Temporary PTSD"

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Arboreal, Jun 17, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Arboreal

Arboreal Active Member
      36/47

Blog Posts:
    Just a representative piece of contemporary news industry: guy from New york media decided to seemwhy people buy rifles in his country, goes to a gun shop, and completely overreacts after shooting a few times:

(source: Gersh Kuntzman, What is it liek to fire an AR-15?)

What's you opinion on people reacting like this? Should they be tasked with writing about guns in the media, when they have little experience with the subject in the first place?

Keith H. likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    that's the trouble with journo's who write about something they have no knowledge of...not just guns, prepping too!!

Keith H. likes this.
  3. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Totally ridiculous, this bloke is a total idiot. Too much of this going on these days, bad & bias reporting, misinformation. "loud like a bomb", no hearing protection? "smell of sulfur"? Was he firing shells loaded with black powder???!!!
    No, these types of people should not be evaluating anything that they have no knowledge of & an obvious bias of. It is all a part of the anti-gun movement. The government wants to disarm Australian citizens & are prepared to do whatever it takes. The massacre in Tasmania, the so called terrorist Man Monis cafe shootings. Both smell badly of government orchestration.
    Keith.

4. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    As a journalist you have to be very careful what you write about because you are responsible for portraying a certain image to the public and if this is based on no knowledge or no facts than I see this as very crucial.
    It is true there are too many people like that even politicians who think they know everything but the don't.
    If this journalist would have at least talked to different experts on the field who have different opinions about carrying weapons and is able to mediate all those perspectives in a neutral way than I would say that is a good thing but the way he did it is just plain stupid. He must have been so desperate to write about it that he did not know how to and thought he was doing something smart but he wasn't....I hope other people become aware of the stupidity behind such acts.

5. tb65

tb65 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    How can you get PSTD from firing a gun? This is why I don't really follow every journalist writings. I think a lot of times people get lazy and just make things up, because they have nothing to write about. This was one of the most far fetched stories that I've ever heard of.

6. My3Sons_NJ

My3Sons_NJ New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Journalist, at least in America, tend to be quite liberal, anti-gun and anti-survivalist. As such, they are prone to making outlandish claims in order to support their preferred narrative even if it has no basis in scientific or societal fact. Of course you will remember the first time fire a weapon, especially if it is of a higher caliber than the typical handgun but PSTD is triggered from the extreme duress than one undergoes in a hostile setting under fire .. something this journalist obviously did not encounter.

7. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    never trust a journalist is my motto, I've been on plenty of forums that were contacted by journalists or "film makers" who wanted to do a piece on preppers.
    pretty much to a man we told them to "shove it".

8. Destiny

Destiny Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    haha haha! His reaction is hilarious and way over the top!