Jungle Survival; Don't Forget ...

Discussion in 'Wilderness' started by Pragmatist, Jan 12, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://thebossmagazine.com/jungle-traveller-checklist/

Good morning all,

Per ...

Some areas of jungles in some places can be wilderness areas.

Wind speeds up to gale force ?

Do factor in the enhanced aerodynamics of living things, like bats, when punching around with the tactical pen.

Er, ... "jungles are full of fun and adventure" ... Please add "other matters" also. The rashes will go away after entry into the mortality records.

TMT Tactical and Rebecca like this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Grossly misleading article not to mention could potentially hazardous if anyone try taking it seriously.

1. IF drinking water is to be acquire trough filtering, than it need to be virus grade + active carbon. Either that or you need chlorine dioxide tablet + active carbon for final stage, or by boiling and filtering it afterward with active carbon.
    2. With the exception of mountainous jungle (above 7000 feet AMSL) it is best to use lightweight tent but good enough to deal with heavy rain or hailstorm, however hailstorm is very rare. However depend on the location, it is best to use fully enclosed tent.
    3. Tacticool is HEAVY. I personally use mix gears (I've enclosed my personal logistic planner below)
    4. If you not worry about dealing with overrated bipedal hairless monkey, than having boar spear is far more useful compare to any firearm.
    5. Having chopping blade that also able to be use for stabbing is far more useful.

Anyway, when I first join this forum I intend to wrote more in depth regarding Jungle Survival, unfortunately its very difficult for me to get sufficient presence of mind to write anything long these days :(

This is my personal logistic planner, if anyone interested.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15_gS3qk9w-rmQIkXuoMg0OC3xiO3_YQ-9niQh8OgbNA/edit?usp=sharing

TMT Tactical and Rebecca like this.
  3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    very basic article.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

Am looking forward to your posts on jungle survival. The mentioned difficulty in getting sufficient presence of mind could be an indicator that you're getting Americanized ! Be careful and use sound discretion.

Will review personal log planner later; Yes, am interested.

Varuna and Lonewolf;

I posted the article to illustrate the trash and hidden hazards presented as good advice. The article really parallels the recent article by 3 "titled" pseudo-experts telling about nuclear bomb protection by running into a sturdy building, with or without showers. The 3 titled pseudo experts omitted that also running into the building is someone with tuberculous and someone with contagious influenza.

A bipedal hairless monkey is a better jungle journey partner than some humans from the US.

No stabbings so as to preserve a non-infectious area. Only except is tactical pen stabbings against bats and fleas.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Rebecca

Rebecca Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    Unfortunately it is articles like that one, that get idiots killed. They read something like this on whatever terrain interests them, and off they go. Often to die but also likely to use up expensive resources when they have to be be rescued.

Sourdough and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    its like anything else you have to do the research, if someone does not and tries to do it without the knowledge then they will fail, like that Chris McCandles person in Alaska.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Makes me think of that rich Rockafellar guy that went to the Amazon looking for a tribe of cannibals so he could teach them how to do right . I guess he found them because he was never heard from again .

Rebecca and TMT Tactical like this.
  8. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Poltiregist,

It was Michael Rockefeller, son of Nelson, (later US VP).

It was in Papua, New Guinea, Indonesia, a little east of our Varuna. Area was still Dutch until about 2-3 years later.

Michael participated in a buffet with him being the main dish.

Researchers found his watch.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  9. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    Was the guy overweight (not much muscle compare to fat & meat)?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Varuna,

I don't know.

Don't even know if they used steak sauce.

Rebecca, TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  11. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    that's because they killed him because he was an outsider.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    NOPE. Although that may be the case these days, and its merely internal organs & blood that will be consume. However back then it was simply because he was on the overweight size (meat & fat).

Anyway, it always baffle me how those cannibals avoid diarrhea or disentry due to consuming of human meat and raw human blood. And in case anyone of you try to ask "why not asking them?", I actually did, but they said its due to natural immunity or something within that line.

13. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Lonewolf and Varuna,

I did not know until now that the cannibals used body mass index (BMI) criteria for dining selection.

If they stocked paregoric with an opiate component this could help alleviate the gastro-intestinal (GI) ailments.

14. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    The definition of cannibalism is vary between culture. What I called head-hunter is most likely consider cannibal by everyone here. And in most case being on the overweight side merely added bonus, which making the person a more tempting target as dinner.

15. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I doubt cannibals know what BMI is.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  16. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Two words...Machette, Netting

Unless you are traveling in a heavily traveled area you will need a way to clear vines to allow you passage. The jungle will reclaim a trail in just a few days and trying to push through without a machete is nearly impossible. When the sun goes down the biting and stinging bugs are going to eat you alive!!! While a tarp will be nice some form of netting will be an almost necessity for people not adapted to the jungle nightlife.

Rebecca, Blitz and TMT Tactical like this.
  17. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon TexDanm,

Love the term "jungle nightlife" !

TMT Tactical likes this.
  18. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I was raised in an area that had lots of swamps and jungle type terrain. We called them thickets. I noted over the years that the mosquitoes and such didn't bother me nearly as much as it did my Yankee friends. If you are not used to it the jungle nightlife is unbearable. People have been known to choose to get in the water with the gators and snakes to get away from the bugs. I spent lots of time in the woods and swamps both in the day hunting and fishing and at night frog gigging and hunting. I occasionally took someone with me that was from the North and they were great skeeter bait. The bugs would just about ignore me if they had some fresh meat available. I'm sure that they would have had fun watching me try to deal with snow.

TMT Tactical and Blitz like this.