Just Starting Out?

Discussion in 'Newbie Corner' started by lonewolf, Aug 13, 2021.

0/5, 0 votes

1. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    something an ex army friend told me, the way to remember it its the "6 P's":
    PROPER
    PREPPING
    PREVENTS
    PISS
    POOR
    PERFORMANCE

Alanaana and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Today nearly everyone on the planet are realizing society and the economy is collapsing . The older preppers have been preparing for this collapse for years . Daily though I see new members get on this forum not post a thing and then disappear into oblivion . No doubt some of these disappearing members are want to be preppers , people looking for a compass bearing as they and their family members future hangs in the balance . I want to remind them though the apocalypse now appears to be here , even those of us that are prepared had to find a starting point . --- My advice at this point of the collapse is to concentrate on what you can afford and get the best shot at survival for the buck . Storing non or slow perishing food items that require not any electricity to store , I would think is obvious . I would recommend if you don't have one get a manual grain grinder so you can grind up grain to cook and eat . Grain can be found at livestock feed suppliers in 50 pound bags . Grain grinders a couple of years ago on Amazon were selling for around $40.00 . --- I could go on but I want our new members to post and not be afraid to test the water , ask questions or perhaps offer up advice .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    the only way people learn is by asking questions, a wise man once said " the only stupid question is the one you DONT ask".
    unfortunately on any forum you get what we call "lurkers" who dont ask questions and soon disappear again never to be heard of again.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Some people are just not very outgoing and comfortable putting themselves out there for the endless masses that are readers and not posters. I was that for a long time believe it or not. My biggest problem was that I simply didn't know the first thing about how to type. Getting a couple of sentences down was an exausting and slooooow process as I had to hunt and peck one letter at time. I now type about as fast as I can decide what to say. Lots of years and lots of practice...

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    wife is dyslexic and cannot spell, she has the same problem, I am her spellcheck!!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    A quote I picked up " one more prepared person is one less desperate looter " . "Those that choose the dollar over rural prepping will be surrounded by a sea of looters . Scanning the internet most videos and written prepper articles have been left in history as the collapse has escalated so much in just the last month and rapidly gaining speed . Even an attempt at prepping as things implode is better than just sitting back and thinking they can prey upon the prepared . Those having survival resources " will defend their resources including the property they own " . Public lands and waters will be filled with the unprepared , fighting each other for their families survival .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    that last will be the majority of the population, both in your country and mine, and most of them wont/cant make it.
    preparing for something takes time, they cant do it as the event is actually happening.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.