Lack Of Skills,lack Of Mental Prep

Discussion in 'Other Not Listed Situations' started by Pragmatist, Sep 3, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  2. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    It is not fair to be judgmental when we don't know the full story, but it would appear that these people were ill prepared to be hiking in the first place. My guess would be that they did not have enough water, and may not have been in good enough physical condition to be taking a strenuous hike. What other safeguards did they leave behind when hiking in the sun? The statement that "temperatures soared to 85 degrees" is laughable. That may be a soaring temperature for Sourdough, or Arctic John, but in the Southwest that is a beautiful day. Temperatures don't soar until they hit triple digits.

I would agree, Pragmatist. There is a lack of skill, and mental preparedness.

3. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    When you decide to take a walk about, take eh needed supplies. I laughed at eh 85 temp but then I know eh value and need to stay hydrated. Obviously these folks did not. Sheeple on the way to dying. No sympathy here. No surprise weather changes, just p-ss poor planning.

Morgan101 likes this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    we see it all the time on Dartmoor, people go for a walk, she's wearing a strappy top, probably flip flops, he's in t shirt and shorts, someone falls over, sprains an ankle or even breaks a leg, has to be helicoptered to hospital, nobody ever offers to pay the helicopter costs or even gives a donation to the rescue services.

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.