Last Five Books You Read?

Discussion in 'Mental Preparedness' started by pacmantacman, Apr 7, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. pacmantacman

pacmantacman Expert Member
      170/173

Blog Posts:
    I thought it would be interesting and fun to list the last five books you have read. Or if you don’t read often the last ones you can remember. Also if you finish a new book, post it down the road.

Mine:
    1. Inside Terrorism: by Bruce Hoffman
    1. Anonymous Soldiers: (The Struggle for Israel 1917-1947) by Bruce Hoffman
    2. The Taj Mahal
    3. Wild At Heart
    4. Islam(an introduction to the religion and culture)
    5. The ISIS Hostage

Go....

2. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    The Reckoning - John Grisham
    Old Black Magic - Robert B Parker
    Past Tense - Lee child
    Money Shot - Stuart Woods
    The Fallen - David Baldacci

A blessing and a curse. I am out living several of my favorite authors, and I have caught up with most that are still alive. Waiting for them to write something new can be very taxing.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    pacmantacman and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:
    Basic Safe Travel and Boreal Survival Handbook: Gems from Wilderness Arts and Recreation Magazine - Mors Kochansski

The Secret Art of Pressure Point Fighting: Techniques to Disable Anyone in Seconds Using Minimal Force - Vince Morris

The Art and Science of Resilience: Surviving Survival - Laurence Gonzales

The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures - Watchtower Bible Society

The Genius of Birds - Jennifer Ackerman

4. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    LOL, I have been on a Reacher kick lately. So they would all be Jack Reacher books.

5. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Been there and done that. I was really irritated when the first movie came out and saw the semi midget playing Jack Reacher, who was well a semi giant.

6. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I read about a book a day. Right now I am reading paranormal urban fantasy. I grew up reading science fiction but in the last few decades, it has changed a lot and become more militaristic or fanciful. I also subscribe to a bunch of magazines that cover a lot of territory. When I am in the car or truck there is usually a book on tape running.

Sonofliberty and TMT Tactical like this.
  7. zulu-X-treme

zulu-X-treme Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    One Second After – William R. Forstchen
    Patriots - James Wesley Rawles
    Behold a Pale Horse - William Cooper
    Savage Continent - Keith Lowe (was extremely 'heavy' had to be digested in small amounts)
    Into the Wild - Jon Krakauer

8. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Isn't that the truth!! :eek: When you have such good books why do they stoop to casting somebody to sell tickets. I am thinking Dolph Lundgren or Liam Neeson. Maybe Jason Momoa all would be good choices. Tom Cruise was a joke. Very disappointing.

TMT Tactical and Sonofliberty like this.
  9. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    Right?!? WTF? Dolph Lundgren was my first thought too lol, but he is probably too old now. A young Arnie or David Prowse also could have worked. Momoa? I hadn't thought of him though he did great in Aquaman. Why not The Rock? Dwayne Johnson. I think he could have pulled it off.

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  10. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:
    The Rock would work although Reacher was fair haired if I remember correctly. Jason Mamoa also did a pretty respectable Conan the Barbarian, and I think he is bigger than the rest.

TMT Tactical and Sonofliberty like this.
  11. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Sorry guys, I may have moved us off topic. Back to the books.

Morgan101 and Sonofliberty like this.
  12. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Well I did make a valiant attempt at reading Ron Chernow's biography of Ulysses Grant. I did enjoy it, and Chernow raised some questions that put Grant in an entirely different light. I hold him, Grant, in a much more highly regarded position now.

The down side is I think Ron Chernow gets paid by the word. I was 300 pages in, and I hadn't even gotten to Vicksburg. I will continue, but to use a military term this is a forced march, and this is a part of our history that I thoroughly enjoy.

TMT Tactical and pacmantacman like this.
  13. savvybuilder

savvybuilder Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    A. American home series books 6,7,8,9,10. (Not as good as the first five)
    Kate Morris the McClean apocalypse book 10 (the series is getting very touchy feely at this point)
    Gordon Ballantyne America: The Eagle has Fallen (really good book)

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. Duncan

Duncan Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    various Field Geology and Physical Anthropology textbooks
    I'm taking those two courses at College of Southern Idaho and finals are coming up next week!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I just finished reading a book on " the ruby ridge siege" . Preppers should read this . Some folks undoubtedly don't know the Weaver family was preppers with two years of food stockpiled . The government was so afraid of their strange life style they had surveillance cameras watching their house and reconnaissance by aircraft . Their experience has an erie similarity ,to my own experience , being put under government surveillance for several years myself in my retreat . Randy Weaver and I were both ex Green Berets . It's amazing who the government will deem a threat to society .

16. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    not sure in what order but here goes. An American Guerrilla in the Philippines by Wolfert. a Acre in the Wilderness by Baitey, Enchanted Vagabonds by Lamb, A Camping Trip on the Great Lakes by Spears, Walk with the Wildman by Wildman.

17. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I read a LOT. I read about one book a day on average maybe a book every two days sometimes. I also read 10 to 15 magazines. American Frontiesman, Backwoodsman Magazine, Bushcrafts and Survival Skills, Grit, Guns and Ammo, Popular Mechanics, National Geographic, Archeology, Mother Earth News, Discover, Psychology today, InFisherman, Texas Sportsman and Atlantis Rising.

18. pacmantacman

pacmantacman Expert Member
      170/173

Blog Posts:
    China in the 21st century-what everyone needs to know

The Dragon’s Gift-The real story of China in Africa

TMT Tactical likes this.