Laws Yes, Justice ???

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Dalewick, Aug 14, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

?

Do you believe the USA legal system provides justice anymore?

Poll closed Aug 21, 2019.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Maybe, but not on days that end in Y.

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. Sometimes

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  1. Dalewick

Dalewick Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    The USA has become a country of many laws but is there justice here anymore? We talk about Red Flag laws, no knock warrants, civil property seizures and other laws like they have been around forever, but they haven't. Many of these laws are fairly new, less than 40 years old in a country that will soon have it's 250th birthday. People are now commonly falsely accused of heinous crimes, but when proven innocent the accusers walk away with zero repercussions. When was the last time you heard someone challenged to a duel over their honor? Emotions have replaced facts. The truth is now spun and offending people is treated worse the killing unborn children. What the H... happened? I want my country back. Has anyone seen it? Anyone know how to get it back?

2. Sourdough

Sourdough "ALASKAN"
      352/460

Blog Posts:
    We have a wonderful legal system on paper. This country has a serious corruption problem. The oligarchy is exempt from all laws.

3. watcherchris

watcherchris Master Survivalist
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Too much trial by press going on....

Also most people do not know the difference in legal and lawful......this is important to and for those who know.

Legal is not the same as lawful.

Legal pertains to the form of law....only that the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed....the appearance..or form of law.

Lawful..pertains to the substance of the law..what the law was intended to do or accomplish.

The red flag laws will morph into legal..but not lawful....

Legal will be attempted to pass for lawful....when it is not.

Legal is often a counterfeit for Lawful ...and most people are not knowledgeable on how a counterfeit often works right in front of us.

Trial by press...is one of todays most effective counterfeits..when you have a people who know so little but what they have learned...."Emotionally" via a television and movie education.

Be warned....legal versus Lawful......also be warned of counterfeits.....

There are more counterfeits right out here in front of us...than most of us know or are even aware.

The system is designed that you never know or become aware.....trust in "Experts." Ishmaelites at work.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Look at today's news. Illegal leftist protestors threatening government officials and not one arrested. gunfire through ICE windows.. no one arrested or even charged. Illegals protesting in the streets and no one arrested. places of business raided by ICE and the owner is not charged even though it is known he broke the law while knowingly hiring illegals. Numerous leftists knowingly broke the law over the last 10 years and not one has been indicted. Hillary blatantly broke the law erasing emails and destroying equipment, bleachbit used to obstruct justice and not one charge. Even the Obama administration caught exporting ak47 rifles to the cartel and no one charged.
    How can anyone think there is justice?

5. arctic bill

arctic bill Expert Member
      180/230

Blog Posts:
    one set of laws for the rich
    one set of laws for the middle class
    and a whole other set of laws for blacks and latinos

6. Morgan101

Morgan101 Master Survivalist
      455/460

Blog Posts:
    I agree with the sentiment here, and I wish I had an answer. IMHO a huge part of the problem is enforcement. We have plenty of laws, but none of them seem to be enforced. Every example cited in this post is an example of the law being broken, and NOTHING was done about it. When there is no consequence to breaking the law why would anybody abide by it? It is a minor inconvenience.

I have heard Rudy Guiliani speak about law enforcement, and what he did to correct the problems in New York. I wish other government officials would take his lead, and clean up the streets. Personally, I believe in the broken window policy. If the law is not enforced it emboldens criminals to escalate.

This country has lost its moral compass. Until we find it, and start living by the Rule of Law we will continue to get more of what we have. Laws have to be enforced. NOBODY should be above the Law.

7. poltiregist

poltiregist Master Survivalist
      347/460

Blog Posts:
    This the result of electing communist and criminal cartel members to run the United States . Clinton Cartel and the Hussain Obama anti America and pro Al Quida presidents had sixteen years to pack our system with baby killing anti America federal judges . Over half of the house of representatives are communist promoting anti freedom agendas . At the moment they are focusing on disarming American Citizens so they can get its Citizens to meekly surrender to Communism . Like the countries of some of our members who were also told " getting rid of guns is for the common good " .

8. Morgan101

455/460

Blog Posts:
    I think there is another issue, and I could not put a finger on when this changed, but for a very long time the thing that has been lost from almost every elected official on both sides of the aisle is INTEGRITY. In the dictionary this is categorized as a noun: adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.

Lying is not adherence to moral and ethical principles. Now they do it unabashedly. Even when a liberal rag like the Huffington Post calls them out on it the behavior continues. Voters keep putting the same liars back in office. Why is there not a candidate who will stand up and say " You lied. You are not fit to serve. " Why is integrity not a critical qualification for holding public office? Again, until we demand this from elected officials, nothing will change.

9. Dalewick

Dalewick Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    I have an answer to your question...…….MONEY$$$. Lot's of money. On what our politicians get paid there is no way for a normal man to get elected and become a millionaire while in office.. They ALL LIE and they ALL GET RICH! The lies are embedded in our government. It's what angered and disillusioned me when I worked. The lies. Those who do get promoted, those who don't either never get promoted or they get rid of you one way or another. Until a major change happens the country will continue it's slide left. Just my view.

Dale

10. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    The laws written by lawyers are intentionally convoluted so that you need a lawyer to access the law.

Unless you have lots of disposable income, you are toast when having to deal with the legal system.

Public attorneys are provided to felons. The price of representation is too high for working class people.

It's Gulliver on Lilliput. The common man is tied-down by ten thousand strings.

For the most part, Democrats run the Judicial System. Conservatives hold the Supreme Court by a narrow margin, but even then, oftentimes "conservative" justices rule as if they were communists.

The big RESET button must be pressed on Amerika. The Earth's oceans must all slosh to eradicate the coastal urban cancers. The die-off of a few billion earthlings will help with putting things right.

11. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      347/460

Blog Posts:
    Justice is only for those who can buy it. For the rest of us? BOHICA!

12. Morgan101

455/460

Blog Posts:
    I agree completely, but what disturbs me is how we have let the bar fall so low. They all lie. So that makes it O.K.? Is that something we should accept? Why aren't they held accountable for the lies? Yes, they do get rich; at our expense by creating sweetheart deals or outright corruption giving preference to campaign contributors. It makes me sick. I wish I knew a way to stop it, but until the country gets its collective head out of its you know what I don't see it getting any better. Good people won't even get into the political cesspool, so all you have left are the corrupt.

13. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Laws and Justice are like comparing apples and oranges. The way it is set up is that laws are made and then are supposed to be enforced basically without any consideration of right or wrong. At that point, if the arrested person so wishes they can take it to a jury of their peers and ask for justice. If you kill someone it is a homicide. The grand jury then looks at it to see if it is obviously justified and then if not they pass it on to the courts where a jury can look at it and again judge if it was a murder or a justifiable homicide.

The problem is that when you go to court your chances of getting justice are heavily influenced by how good your lawyer is. If you go in with a public defender you are in trouble. They are court-appointed and other than in big murder cases they are mostly just there for appearances.

A few years ago in Texas, there was a man on death row. The murder that he was convicted for was based on very circumstantial evidence. a few years later they found new evidence that conclusively proved that another man had done the crime and the man on death row was innocent. They started the proceedings to prosecute a second man for this murder. You would think that this would clear the first guy and get him out of prison. WRONG. On appeals, the higher courts ruled that proof of innocence was not proof that there was anything done wrong in the first trial. The appeals are only for if there was some jurisprudence impropriety.

Proof of innocence didn't meet that and so there was no LEGAL justification for a retrial! It took a pardon to keep them from executing the poor bastard and it took almost a year to get it done. The LAW and legal system would have happily killed him. Fortunately, public pressure got him the justice that the legal system denied him. Sadly things like this are not at all uncommon.

In another case, a man drove a friend to a convenience store. The man robbed it and killed the cashier. In the end, the driver was executed and the killer turned states evidence and got 20 to life. This may be legal but there was no justice. They quite happily killed the driver who basically, other than the testimony of the killer, swore that he didn't know that the killer was going to rob the store.

Laws are for lawyers and justice is for those that can hire the best lawyers...

14. Dalewick

Dalewick Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    For full disclosure, I was a federal Park Ranger and was an officer of the federal court of northern West Virginia. I worked a multiple discipline position and was responsible for law enforcement, regulatory enforcement, natural resource management, public safety and SAR when needed. I worked closely with all other federal, state and local LEO's. Good officers make for good results, but the opposite is also true.

What you said, is VERY true. Sadly.

Best advice to anyone. Never talk to officers without YOUR lawyer present.

Dale

15. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    What is saddest and the biggest problem is that we refuse to PAY for great teachers and police and so have to settle for whatever is willing to do the job for what little we are willing to pay. I would demand a lot more from cops and teachers but then I would PAY for quality well-trained people.

16. Dalewick

Dalewick Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    ROFLOL! Wife just retired from teaching elementary school. All the BS was driving her crazy.

Dale

17. The Innkeeper

The Innkeeper Expert Member
      230/345

Blog Posts:
    The legal system has not been about justice for at least several centuries. The courts are staffed with lawyers, both sides have lawyers, the laws are written by/lawyers. Anytime justice is served it is by coincidence only

Morgan101, Dalewick and TMT Tactical like this.