Living It Daily

Discussion in 'The Apocalypse' started by elkhound, Aug 27, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. elkhound

elkhound Master Survivalist
      307/345

Blog Posts:
    this again is not about the whys,why nots and politics and the blah blah blahs....just a short film showing things how they are. this film we can see whats going on and take away lessons and tid bits.lots of lessons to be learned...we all will have different opinions of which lessons are most important and how they apply to each of us. in other words...chew on this..take whats useful and spit the rest out .

Aerindel, TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  2. elkhound

307/345

Blog Posts:
    bump....i wish we didnt have bump to get a thread to show in feed.

3. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I didn't think you had to bump, I have never understood this bump thing.
    Keith.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. elkhound

307/345

Blog Posts:
    folks i am going to use this thread to show different things i stumble across. like i say in a shtf deal we all wont live the same...theres huge shtf deals going on in regions around the globe...we all dont live the same now why do people think we will later. take what you can from these short vids..discard whats of no use to you.heres one of the most devastated regions in last 5years or so...like i say/said people dont give up so easily..they will strive to live daily and better the situation...

from 8-23-19

5. elkhound

307/345

Blog Posts:
  6. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't really see the point of these videos to our own situation, I don't see them as relevant, these places have always been poor and had their number of problems.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:
    While I don't live in Yemen, seeing these videos reminded me that a motorcycle or even a bicycle is not a bad prep item. They also drove home the point just how easy it would be to become a refugee if you need to be away from home for any reason and run into a fuel shortage. (Hurricane Katrina taught me that lesson!)

It doesn't take much to reduce the local supply of fuel to zero. EMP, widespread hurricanes, severe pandemics, or any number of things...

Our global society is just too fragile and dependent on fuel and electricity (and not everyone is fortunate like some of us to be able to live in remote places far from the madness).

Speaking for myself, perspective /reality checks like this are not bad things to consider.

8. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I thought the video from Rojava was compelling. Those people are living the SHTF nightmare that your life can go from normal to a total $h*%storm in a heartbeat. They got out with the clothes on their backs. I would like to be better prepared than that.

You can always find a thread of commonality from other peoples' situations even if they are poor or in historically poor and troubled areas.

TMT Tactical and elkhound like this.
  9. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    a bicycle rider is easily knocked off his mount, a stick through the wheels soon has the rider going head over heels, a broken arm is the least of it.

TMT Tactical and Meerkat like this.
  10. elkhound

307/345

Blog Posts:
    things to see in just Yemen situation.

this is basically an entire country under siege plus being bombed by multiple sources.

limited resources flowing in both legal and black-market...food,medicines and fuels.

the people all didnt flee,they are still there living and doing as best they can. no govt in charge so its lawless except for local laws,traditions etc. someone is always in charge even if limited to towns,regions,city blocks or households.

the govt fell so fast..might be hard to get a passport from where ever you are to flee..legally...and get into another country since you cant enter most without a passport these days. i know if you want to go you will go passport or not..sometimes its easier said than done.think seniors/elderly will cross rough desert terrain....very few will or can...where did the kids come from selling gasoline...i say many are orphans from parents being killed or of now single parent homes when fathers got killed in the fighting of the various cities.so here you have a person with limited knowledge and skill trying to survive doing what probably is the only thing they know how or what to do.

people are out hustling for propane,other fuels,firewood to cook on.how sweet would it of been to be sitting on a shed of firewood already.especially in a region like this with limited trees,it might actually be easier to get propane there than wood. how nice it would be to sitting on a 1500 gallon buried propane tank in your backyard.out of sight,out of mind and with limited use it last years and years.

one the biggest things...is it just might not be like we think it will be in a shtf deal and we might not do the things we think we will.....and there ya go..sitting there alive and not near death yet needing a drink of water or some food for your once a day meal.

more to come..stay tuned.

11. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Margan this is not aimed at you, you just offered a point for me to Segway off.

The one thing I have never understood is people who are preppers, and their fragile and combustible home is where they keep everything.

I don't think most preppers will fair any better then non-preppers. I think they are just kidding themselves.

Keith H., TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  12. Meerkat

Meerkat Expert Member
      125/115

Blog Posts:
    :oops: I agree. We have two very nice bikes and I think of being biking targets in a shtf situation. A turkey shoot for those who don't have a bike and want one. :eek:

TMT Tactical and Sourdough like this.
  13. elkhound

307/345

Blog Posts:
    i agree about the possibility of being taken off any type bike..BUT..yet he we see in the above video and i have seen in many many other places bicycles,motorbikes,donkeys,push carts,pullcarts and all forms of 'moving' being used for various reason....YMMV...the purpose is to think outside the box on the possibilities. also we can look for common grounds among peoples but we also need to take a look at those we interact with an see who,what and how they are and function...case in point...look at this video....these people dont give 2 craps about age...while here in west we do some silly birthday celebration stuff and for the record i am not a birthday celebrating person..not even a a kid i thought it was silly...its only a measure of time to me.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. elkhound

307/345

Blog Posts:
    from 4-20-19

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. elkhound

307/345

Blog Posts:
    from nov-2018

TMT Tactical likes this.
  16. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    People think they are safer in a vehicle...........Hmmmm.

Maybe if they went to the local gravel pit, where all the shot-up vehicles are willing to put that concept to sleep.

TMT Tactical and elkhound like this.
  17. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:
    It is a point well taken, and a few of us know what happened to Buggy. I like to think that we have planned a little better, not nearly as well as you in this regard. Maybe I am being naïve, and whistling past the graveyard. While all of the eggs are pretty much in the same location, they aren't all in the same basket. Yes, it definitely is a combustible home. In my location I just do not trust a cache. I know you expound on the benefits, and your are right. Everything I have will be on property I own. A storage locker could be an option, but I don't want that expense.

I do think that we will fair better than non-preppers in that we can grab and go. Even with five minutes notice to get out of Dodge, we would have enough supplies for at least two weeks. With 30 minutes notice we would be fine; packed and gone. There is still a part of me that wants to stay behind, and guard the homestead. I don't want to run the risk of having looters be able to rummage through my house. I would send my wife and son to a safe location, and yes, we have at least two others. But I would probably stay behind even if I had to camp on my own property.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  18. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    As I kept reading "Buggyout" posts...........all I could think of, is what if there was no safety net. If there was no insurance companies, No Red Cross, No nothing, just thousands of people who in minutes lost everything. No police, no functioning government, no banks or investments. Just thousands and thousands of people asking each other, "What do you think we should do......??? And no answer.

People think they are prepared, but in the back of their mind, they truly can't grasp that there could be no help coming, never, no Calvary riding in with supplies to save them.

Or........worse....!!!!!!:eek::eek:

19. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:

Sadly, you are 1000% correct. That is something that was lost a long time ago, and IMHO it would be one of the most important skills to learn. The only help that is going to come is from the reflection looking back at you in the mirror. Yeah, YOU!! YOU have to help yourself. I try to operate under the plan that help is never going to come. I have to figure it out. I have to solve it. I have to fix it. I have to find a way around it. If help arrives, GREAT!! If not I will come up with another plan.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  20. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    My thoughts are the same mate, I don't think most preppers are really taking this process seriously enough. For many it is about collecting equipment, much of which is NOT sustainable. I have seen replies to many questions, & it seems to me that these people can not possibly carry all the items that they say they have if they have to evacuate. I have asked for lists of carried gear, mostly that gear has not covered the probable future needs, others have not been able to provide a list at all. I very much doubt that many have actually carried & used the gear they have to see if it is suitable. I think a lot of so called preppers need a reality check.
    Keith.

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  21. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Sadly it will be a Fatal Check.

Or as I am fond of saying, "There is a test coming, and it will be graded with F= Fatal".

Morgan101, Keith H. and TMT Tactical like this.
  22. elkhound

307/345

Blog Posts:
    feb-2019....got food caches?...the poorest of the poor here..but yet notice in video of their stick hut whats sitting in front of it and notice the tiny herd during clip.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  23. elkhound

307/345

Blog Posts:
    survival is food,water,shelter and security....shuffle as needed depending in situation daily..then repeat over and over....from sept-2019

TMT Tactical likes this.
  24. elkhound

307/345

Blog Posts:
    then you stumble over these types of video...i am not saying they are not starving..they all need a few pounds on their bones...but...i see something vastly different and deception from video and announcer....they are surrounded by a cornfield...and it looks ripe..ripe enough to eat to me but without looking at it in person ,but its close. also as she is picking 'grass' you see a milk goat with a nice 'bag' on her in background. not enough milk produced,then strip lower leaves off corn and give her part of ear of corn to produce better...this bring me to deception/stupid part...eating 'grass' they say...horsecrap...its some type of purselane and the red leaves looks like red amaranth which is a type of spinach you can eat leaves and seed heads are used as grain.this is a livable situation that has potential to expand production in my mind.

of the situations show so far this one is the one i would want to be in.theres a big chance to expand and produce major calories daily.clearly theres production going with a bit of tweeking it can be improved on several levels.

see ripe corn

screenshot-www.youtube.com-2019.08.29-19_37_24.png

milk goat

screenshot-www.youtube.com-2019.08.29-19_45_16.png

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  25. elkhound

307/345

Blog Posts:
    can you adapt if you were forced to?.... can you deal with finding out all your plans and strategies for a shtf event went right out the window and nothing you planned for was so.? i look at videos in layers....often the second layer being seen in videos are the real lessons to ponder.

TMT Tactical and Keith H. like this.
  26. elkhound

307/345

Blog Posts:
    final video out of Yemen. some of this is ok..some not so much..chew it up..consume what you think is useful and spit out the waste and bones.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  27. elkhound

307/345

Blog Posts:
    another example of a region being in a shtf deal while others..most of us here..are safe and well fed. just another example shtf deals most of the time are not global events...not even close..

from october 2018

TMT Tactical likes this.
  28. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    If surviving in a war torn area is what you are interested in one simply needs to go read Selco's account of one year locked in a city under siege in Bosnia.
    http://littletassieprepper.com/one-year-in-hell-selcos-story
    It should give you an idea of what it really is like. These videos are so long and drawn out and have so many political implications that it is painful to sit through all of them. Almost all of these countries are in the shape they are in for political reasons and have lived in strife for many generations off and on. As for Kurds they happen to be fighting enemies we share but what happens down the road? Much like the mujahedin who fought the Russians and were supplied by us and supported by us and now are our enemies after blowing up our buildings in New York? I'm pretty sure that Osama Bin laden was a CIA operative and has ties to them from way back into the Russian war. Hence the Bush/Bin Laden family connections.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  29. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    all these videos are about wars, are you expecting America to get invaded by a foreign country or something? I don't think there is a country big enough or stupid enough to do that, they know they will get bombed back to the stone age if they did.

TMT Tactical and LastOutlaw like this.
  30. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I agree with you LW. I could see America in it's own civil war again though especially with the division now rampant and if someone steps over a line and tries to take American's firearms. At that point invasion could be a possibility. A rare chance but a possibility.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  31. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:
    Although Yemen culture/politics/civil war does not even remotely relate to us here in the USA, I gleaned a few good lessons from these videos. After all, SHTF is universal, and many of the same concerns apply no matter where any of us live.

For example, transportation: the idea of a bicycle or motorcycle in the preps would be ludicrous in a Mad Max situation, but extremely practical in a situation similar to what Venezuela or some of the tamer parts of Yemen are currently undergoing.

In one of the videos, folks were having a hard time getting together decent meals but I noticed they left the corn alone. The plump ears of corn seen in the background may have been reserved for future seed.

It does not take much to deplete an abundant stash of seeds! Errant weather and insect infestations can cause multiple crop failures. Even my favorite seedsmen (Fedco, Baker’s Creek, and others) have reported crop failures so bad that sometimes they cannot supply seed to the market, even though they have everything they need for a successful crop. The lesson for me: I want to keep a rotating supply of a wide variety of fresh seeds, the same as I would pantry goods. Lately, I have slacked on replacing fresh stock, and need to step up my game.

I also noticed how in one of the videos it was brought out that the SHTF situation occurred so suddenly that it was shocking. While we may or may not ever see Yemen-conditions here, all it would take is one nasty pandemic to swiftly bring any country to her knees. I don’t want to be complacent and asleep at the wheel if this happens in my area. Lesson for me: I want to be sure to pay close attention and keep my finger on the pulse of the world and the land I live in.

Another take-home lesson from these videos is that no matter what happens, have a good attitude. Although times were hard, children played and adults found joy in simple things. Also noticed the attitude of the young lady who had to leave her home and live in a difficult place. I loved her “it is what it is” kind of attitude. She didn’t dwell too much on the things she lost and made the best of a bad situation.

Morgan101, elkhound and TMT Tactical like this.