Loneliness And Lack Of Sleep?

Discussion in 'Mental Preparedness' started by overcast, Jul 16, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. overcast

overcast Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I have some of those days when I feel so lonely in the middle of the night. And it leads to me not able to get some sleep. And this means I have to either get some tablet or read book. And then If possible I get some sleep. And this is affecting my health overall. Like I gained weight. And also I am struggling with being social with other people. If you're single and no person in your family around. How do you deal with loneliness and get better sleep?

2. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    I an a pious individual and sleep alone though there is a brother within our compound. I have never experienced loneliness during the night attributable to the fact that I wake up to pray at midnight and I look upon God as my comforter. I aim to arise and launch spiritual warfare for 3 hours every midnight and the privacy is not a bad thing after all.

3. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    I can't really give a fair answer because I don't remember being in that position, but you're obviously intelligent and articulate so switch off that computer and go out and put yourself in social situations where you can meet someone without the pressure of it being a date. If you find someone you hit it off with just take it from there. If you want company you'll need to take the first step.

4. overcast

overcast Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I agree that being in social situation usually helps. But for that I am guessing people who like my company need to be around. Not many such options I have around so that is another thing that we have to understand. I guess it's the transition period for me to understand. I may work out on this phase too soon enough hopefully. As of now it just feels like struggle.

5. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    I am fortunate to have a loving and caring husband that I don't remember when I had experienced waking up at night to feel loneliness. But I know how it feels because I have several friends who tell me that same scenario. They attribute it to a getting old syndrome of sorts that they wake up at midnight with no reason at all. And then they couldn't sleep anymore so they feel loneliness instead. This is my advice if that happens to you. Play Candy Crush on your phone. I am not joking. I have heard testimonies on Candy Crush that it can wipe out melancholia and even depression. Okay, try it and post your experience here.

6. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    never had trouble sleeping or being alone.
    and I've slept in some strange places over the last half a century!

7. m33kuh

m33kuh Active Member
      41/58

Blog Posts:
    Probably because you are sleeping with a lot of girls from different and strange places? :D

Kidding aside, I myself haven't experienced this. Well maybe I did when I was little but now that I'm a grown little man (lol) I don't remember feeling alone. I can easily sleep because I always watch a movie while I'm in bed.

8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    never had trouble sleeping-anywhere, I just put my head on the pillow and i'm asleep.

m33kuh likes this.
  9. overcast

overcast Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    That looks like a good option. I have played some of the games which require my attention. And that seems to be working. My eyes are now flicking due to lack of sleep. So I guess I am in sleep debt right now. And just learning my ways around. Hopefully it works out and I can get over the scenario of late night sleep issues.

10. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    i slept all the way through a thunderstorm last night, didn't know anything about it until I was told it happened:)

11. Deathisue

Deathisue New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    It is very difficult at first but basically one must accept it, accept that one is alone and that one should be well with that, it is a process that takes time, but in the end is very beneficial for us, we must learn to live with ourselves for being with other people, is just and necessary.

12. Tina Thompson

Tina Thompson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    You're missing something, it may not necessarily be a person. You have to love yourself. I don't know you or your situation. I'm alone and I prefer it that way, I have children and grandchildren, and I see them often, that's enough socializing for me. I don't feel the need to have a partner, some find that odd. My best friend, my everything is God. He satisfies my every need and call me crazy but I talk to Him out loud during the day, He's my company. I also stay busy and that helps. I hope you find a solution.