Love The Rain!!!

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by OneFoot, Mar 13, 2018.

0/5, 0 votes

1. OneFoot

OneFoot Active Member
      41/58

Blog Posts:
    Boy its raining something fierce today! woke up to rain on the window so what do i do take a shower and go for a walk around the neighborhood.
    mind you when i left it was not all that bad yeah i was going to get wet but i just had the urge to get out and smell the rain lol.

i got stuck out in it about 10 mins from home when it started dumping needless to say i was soaked to the bone when i got home but i was one happy dude!!!

-OneFoot-

Keith H. likes this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I always have liked the rain, my Mother never stopped me from going out in the rain.
    Keith.
    I have always liked this song/tune.

OneFoot likes this.
  3. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I am not especially fond of rain but it doesn't bother me much either. Where I was raised in the spring and fall it seemed to rain every day. We basically had the wet seasons and the dry or drier seasons. That is just the way it is when you live in a swamp.

I mostly sort of ignore it. If it is cold out I wear rain gear and if it is warm I get wet. Some of my best fishing has been done in the middle of a rain storm. I think that it is mostly about your attitude and a little bit like getting dirty. In a swamp at least when it is raining buckets the mosquitoes are kept down.

Right now as I look outside it is POURING down. We are under a tornado watch and a flash flood warning. they say some areas could get rains in the area of 4" in an hour and as much as 7" overnight. I just want it to slow down before friday. I fish EVERY Friday and the fishing has been really good. Last Friday we put up 20 pounds of boneless fillets. In the spring we stock our freezers. Also in the spring the size of the fish is better and we had several over 6 pounds and one 15 pounder. This is all thanks to the rain and rising waters that come with spring here.

All told, I'm liking what the rain will do for my fishing.

Keith H. likes this.
  4. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    A
    Another case of every cloud has a silver lining I guess. Good post.
    Keith.

5. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    We've had 9.95"/25.25cm of rain today so far according to my friends rain gauge.

Keith H. likes this.
  6. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Wo! We could do with some of that. Cattail Pond needs topping up!
    Having said that, other parts of NSW have been flooded!!!
    Keith.