Low Cost, Owner Built, Solar Tracking Frame

Discussion in 'Creating and Using Electricity' started by bob007, Nov 10, 2018.

0/5, 0 votes

1. bob007

bob007 New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Here is a link to a photo of a low cost solar panel tracking frame. The support pipe is 1.25 inch GI pipe, with a 1" diameter GI pivot pipe. The pivot support, and panel racks are made of 2"x4" lumber, using 3" star drive deck screws. This tracking frame supports solar power panels, and a hot water solar panel. The photo also shows a roof water retention system which ties in with an interior water tank. The hot water from the hot water solar panel is pumped through the concrete slab for retention of the energy for heating the attached 14' diameter dome. The cost for the frame is around $75 if using all new parts.
    http://mountaintruss.yolasite.com/resources/14 tracker.JPG.opt393x295o0,0s393x295.JPG

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:

Nice idea but I think the winds where I live would rip that thing apart in one season. I was considering something similar but more simplistic built from steel pipe and fittings like what is used for gas lines.

TMT Tactical likes this.