Macgyver Makes A Blue Shop Towel Mask

Discussion in 'First Aid and Medicine' started by TMT Tactical, Apr 15, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Saw this on YouTube, super simple, Watch and enjoy.

Morgan101 and howler like this.
  2. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Bump to get it moving.

3. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    Macgyver was my all time favorite show back then. I'd sit down for dinner and turn on USA and watch my show. After that was Quantum Leap.

TMT Tactical and howler like this.
  4. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I had to try it out. It is very simple and only takes a few minutes. The only tricky part was keeping the rubber bands in place while you worked the stapler. It does a real good job of covering your face and it is easy to breath through. Not going to be as good as medical grade mask but is cheap, fast to make and is certainly better than nothing. Cost to make, about three cents. Cheap enough to throw away after a single use.

Morgan101 likes this.
  5. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    That is slick. Necessity is the mother of invention. I don't know how comfortable it would be having a rubber band behind your ears, but it would work.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I used the very weak rubber bands. It does not take much to keep it in place and does a real good job of covering your face. They are now my go to mask for very quick store adventures. At 3 minutes labor and 3 cents material, I don't mind tossing them after one use, even if it was just a 20 minute or use.