Making Biogas From Waste

Discussion in 'Other DIY' started by Westbay, Jul 11, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Westbay

Westbay Expert Member
      153/173

Blog Posts:
    This particular idea has been running in my mind because I so much adore the concept of recycling and waste recycling into gas caught my attention, its something I came across in some parts of Africa the farmers use waste from cow dumplings, fertilizers and general waste into. By doing this they reduce the amount of air pollution going into the air because the active enzymes in the wastes becomes biogas this is the little I know. These can be used for cooking at home, baking electricity generation.
    Does anyone here know about this technology kindly shed more light please.

2. overcast

overcast Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I don't know the technical process on storing the gas. But from what I have read that you can use the drainage from home to connect in a tank. Along with other dung and garbage from the trees and other sources. All of this can be collected in one source. And then methane from such tanker would be usable. You can then extract it for the gas. Some are also using this as a fertilizers. Usually during summer season they take out the hard part out of the tank.

3. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    As I had postedin another thread, the pig manure is placed in a concrete enclosure. Imagine a small swimming pool of 2 meters by 2 meters by 2 meters. A galvanized iron serves as lid. In the center of the lid is a small tube that is connected to a pipe where the other end is connected to a stove. As the biogas evaporates, it will escape thru the tube and onto the stove. Light up with a match and you have your gas stove working.