Making Your Own Antibiotic Capsules.

Discussion in 'First Aid and Medicine' started by Keith H., Oct 7, 2018.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
  2. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Many fluid form drugs are kept in powder form until reconstituted (water added) for placing in vials and being shipped. Pharmaceutical companies store such compounds in powder form to lengthen their shelf life. Such drugs can also be shipped in powder form for reconstitution in the country to which they have been shipped.

I discussed this with my physician back in another state. He too is a prepper. We were singularly unsuccessful in our queries to these companies. Major disappointment.

I bring this up so that others may attempt to pursue such. This was years ago. Maybe if you are a physician or have physician/pharmacist friends, then please ask around.

My physician himself routinely reconstituted drugs for injection when he was deployed.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    Keith H. likes this.
  3. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I never knew that or had reason to think it through Olde Geezer. My Thanks to you and the OP for bringing up this topic line.

Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite.

4. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    So how long do antibiotics last on the shelf? Do they lose their potency over time?

What about other medications?

5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    any medicines will lose efficiency over time, they will still work but not as well.

6. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    Okay, thanks.

I wonder. Would an oxygen absorber added to the pill bottle prolong its life? Now that I think of it, you often find those in aspirin bottles.

My idea would be to stock up on penicillin, etc for a SHTF scenario. Where would one buy stuff like that if you live in the U.S. anyway? Black market/Dark web? If I could trust it.