Man Made Virus Could Reanimate Dead Cells Yes Or No

Discussion in 'Zombie Apocalypse' started by rees1977, Jan 2, 2018.

0/5, 0 votes

1. rees1977

rees1977 Well-Known Member
      75/115

Blog Posts:
    with every man made epidemic there is a cure so if goverment can make a virus to kill why cant they make 1 to re animate dead cells and reactivate the brain causing dead to rise what are your thoughts

2. rees1977

rees1977 Well-Known Member
      75/115

Blog Posts:
    what im saying is they can make a vaccine to cure ebola and other viruses why with science cant they make a virus that activates dead brain cells i think there will be a virus made to make people go crazy and eat eachother like a rage

3. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    First off a vaccine doesn't cure a disease. A vaccine is a preventive and is useless once a person is infected. Secondly most plagues and epidemics have no cure because they are viral in nature. They are like the common cold and once you have it you can only work to survive while it runs its course. Dead meat is just that. You can't put the cow back together and make it work again once you have steaks. The brain is actually not the problem.

Even if you "reanimated " the brain the dead body is incapable of processing energy and turning it into actions. A flat tire isn't just flat on one side even if that is what it looks like. The body is a massively complex machine that has to ALL work or none of it works. Every system is a seperate but vital part of the whole. Animating the brain would be like filling the tank of a wrecked car with a blown motor and 4 flat tires . It has a full tank of gas but so what???

Keith H. likes this.
  4. kylekochenberger

kylekochenberger New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
  5. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I've never been a big fan of Zombie fiction. It isn't that I don't like horror or apocalyptic fiction I just have always prefered werewolves and vampires or EMP nuclear war end of the world stuff. I think it's that the zombies are just brain dead stupid and not very challenging to outsmart. Werewolves and Vampires are sneaky and you can't predict them or their actions. Basically Zombies are just like liberals, mindless monsters that want to destroy everything in their need for endless control over everyone else's lives while they do as they wish. I see enough of this without reading it too... Or maybe I can see the attraction of being a creature of the night having the fun of the hunt while a Zombie isn't a happy creature at all and wouldn't be any fun to be one. I can think of a lot of people that I wouldn't mind biting a chunk out of if I was a werewolf or vampire.

6. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Reanimated human tissue, really?:rolleyes:

7. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Who needs a zombie virus?

What with the ongoing stream of new street drugs evolving out there, there's no shortage of entities that turn humans into monsters. Ask any cop. Ask anyone who works hospital emergency wards or psych wards. Alcohol still works its magic with the brain -- old reliable, ETOH.

Wanna see a real Zombie apocalypse?! Cut off inner cities from their government checks!

7ff7147b0c5272282d6a2d6e46670aae.jpeg 7ff7147b0c5272282d6a2d6e46670aae.jpeg
    7ff7147b0c5272282d6a2d6e46670aae.jpeg 7ff7147b0c5272282d6a2d6e46670aae.jpeg 7ff7147b0c5272282d6a2d6e46670aae.jpeg upload_2018-1-7_16-49-45.jpeg

8. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Think about this; when things stop running and the drug supplies dry up how long do you think the junkies will last before they start climbing the walls!!?? I've seen this and will tell you that zombies don't have nothing on a junkie when they hit withdrawal. In some ways the zombie problem is already here and the mindless junkies are growing in numbers.

9. omegaman

omegaman Expert Member
      123/173

Blog Posts:
    SO far reanimation of dead cells have been impossible because we don't know what life really is.

10. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Nicely stated here TexDanm,

Years ago I worked the Graveyard shift. Our week started at 11pm on Sunday night and we worked until 7am in the morning.
    Our weekend started on Friday morning at 7am.

But this also meant that we often got to see day shift ambling in from 6 am to 7 am Monday morning when their shift started.
    The Zombies were on dayshift...trying to come down off a hard weekend.
    Talk about "The Force was not with them!!" That is what day shift looks like on Monday Morning as their shift starts....zombies.

Some of them were so bad...it took until Wednesday to snap out of it and get fully functional. By then they were working towards the next weekend.

I've seen plenty of zombies in my time.
    Agree about the drugged up junkies. I've seen people on alcohol that bad as well. Don't like junkies no matter on what they are dependent.

Thanks,
    Watcherchris

11. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I always loved the graveyard shift when I worked at the shipyard. You only had one white hat walking around bugging people, it was a lot cooler and since they didn't always have a graveyard shift when they ran one it went from midnight to 7am with a half hour lunch but you got paid for 8 plus a shift differential. Honestly though we usually got more done in our six and a half hours than either of the other to shifts did in eight. Fewer bosses, fewer people on the shift and fewer distractions.

I know what you mean about the dayshift zombies. I never was any good for at least two hours until I got my blood flowing and my mind defogged. I'm not a morning person. As soon as I started my own company rule one was I didn't talk to anyone until 9 am. My first job would usually be at 9:30 or so.

You know that old saying about the early bird catches the worm?? Well I always thought that if the stupid worm had stayed in bed he wouldn't have got eaten. I was more of a smart worm than an early bird.

12. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    We are learning a lot these days about life at the cellular level. It that level it is mostly chemistry. The fact is that we are closer to being able to create a living cell from scratch than we are to reanimating dead cells. It is sort of like building an engine. It is easier to put together an engine from new parts than it is to try and fix an engine that has thrown a rod or most other major blown motors. Once a cell dies the chemistry degrades and "fixing" that is more than just rewinding it.

Zombies may actually exist. The thing is that they are not reanimated dead. There is some evidence that some voodoo practitioners basically poison people with an extract from puffer fish. If done correctly they are paralyzed and pushed into a sort of coma that is easily mistaken for death. As you can imagine this sort of thing is not done in many major first world nations where medical care is top shelf. It also isn't done in places that embalm the dead. They are buried soon after their "death"and then dug up almost as fast. They can be revived and then kept in a sort of drug induced stupor and sold into slavery. The brain eating thing is a Holywood addition.

13. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Subduing PCP-crazed "people"

One shock and they're down, right?! Wrong.

14. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    A person on PCP can be almost impervious to pain and isn't dead until their brain shuts down. There wasa case some years ago where a cop emptied a browning high power into a guy then slammed in another magazine and nailed him some more before his body fell over. A person on PCP doesn't go into shock and shut down like a normal person would. They are more like the energizer bunny and just keep going and going and going!! A cop friend of mine told the story of a guy on pcp that they threw a tear gas canister in the cell with him after trying taser with no obvious effect. He said the guy picked it up and bit it! it took 8 cops and three sets of cuffs to subdue him in the end three of the cops had to go to the hospital. He broke the chain on the first set of cuffs so they double cuffed him the second time. He bit a finger off one of the cops and swallowed it!

This is nothing new, the natives in the Philippines would get jacked up on hash and then the poor officers that had been issued with the "new" colt double action revolvers with 38 long colt rounds found that they could empty their guns into them and they still would close and chop them up with machetes. This was the problem that resulted in the search for a new weapon that ended up with the introduction of the 1911 colt and the 45 acp round.

If PCP ever gets really popular the cops are going to have to "upgrade" their tasers if they want to stop them with less than lethal force.

15. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...rugs-war-cartels-recruit-child-assassins.html

"As guerrilla forces have discovered in Africa, 13 and 14-year-old children on the margins of society make fearless killers. In Juarez, now Mexico's drug addict capital, they are almost certain to be high on crack cocaine. [My emphasis]

"Around 80 per cent of the 2,000 people killed in the past 14 months in this border city have been aged under 25.

"The city of 1.8 million people, separated by just a bridge over the Rio Grande from El Paso in Texas, sits on a major drug route and has been the epicentre of the brutal drug violence gripping Mexico and increasingly creeping over the border into the United States.

"In a city now empty of the Americans who used to flock here for the lively bars and flea markets, taxi drivers can instead offer visitors a macabre tour of the many murder spots as well as streets where drug deals can be seen being conducted within yards of the local police.

"In one street alone, home to a strip of nondescript, cartel-owned bars, 16 people have been killed in the past two months."

Coming to a town near you.

16. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    My brother and sister in law lived in El Paso for decades and loved going into Juarez. Back then it was a wonderful place with great places to eat and drink and shop. Now it is a death trap for any American stupid enough to go there. The same thing is true of Acapulco. If you go there to a resort you are shuttled to and from it by armed guards and don't dare leave the grounds. Another beautiful place that is just a drug infested hole now. Obummer did everything in his power to move this wonderful lifestyle to America. If the Dumbocrats have their way it will be coming to a place near you as soon as they can find a way to get rid of Trump. They don't want a wall, they want wide open borders so they can import more welfare voters to keep them in power.

TEOTWAWKI is about our only real hope now. It is just a matter of time before we elect our very own version of Adolf Hitler. I'm not sure Clinton might not have been one had she been elected. The world thinks we are a problem NOW!! LMMFAO imagine the US with someone as crazy as that nut in North Korea in power here!!! Trump may be a little wild but he isn't interested in empire building.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  17. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    negative.

18. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    These zombie threads really, really piss me off. How can anyone expect ordinary people to take prepping/survival seriously when there are posts like this.
    I can't help thinking that more than a few people could do with a good dose of a virus that could reanimate dead brain tissue, then perhaps we wouldn't get threads like this.
    Just put the zombies in the same dark place that you put all your other imaginary childhood fears and forget about them.....please.

19. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Personally I like Werewolves a lot more than zombies or vampires. The dead and the undead don't get to have any fun. Getting wild and hairy would be a lot better than being dead. Honestly I have met living people that were little if any smarter than a zombie. I saw a guy in a restaurant not long ago that had about the same eating manners as a zombie too.

All the silly stuff aside historically in times of total cultural collapse and massive starvation cannibalism inevitably raises its head. People that are starving to death and crazy will make a pretty good approximation of a movie zombie.

20. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    absolutely, I couldn't have put it better myself. these kinds of threads put people off joining serious prepping forums, there are other forums for this sort of thing.

21. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    If this sort of thing was a major part of a board I would agree but as a tiny side bar I think it is mostly funny and harmless. Some people just seem to have a hard time separating reality from fiction and find it easier to deal with fictional monsters than the REAL monsters that people can become.

22. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    the only "zombie's" that will be about post SHTF are the diseased and the dying, that's the only ones I need to worry about, the "undead" don't exist, only in a film producers fevered imagination.

23. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    by Ystranc,

This is already being done today..right now. It is called a television and or DVD Player.

Put another way...a television and or movie education ..which is what public schools are becoming today.

Thanks,
    Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite.

24. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    It's a sad indictment of society when people can no longer tell the difference between fact and fiction. Television usually appeals to the lowest common denominator and is no substitute for a real education.

25. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:

Agree....

When I try to watch television ...I am constantly surfing with the remote. I am trying to find something of substance to watch and also to get away from the commercials.

Drives my lady friend nuts.

With a DVD...if I find something interesting...I will play it back and forth to dissect what I have seen. Again...driving my lady friend nuts.

Overall....television and movies often do appeal to the lowest common denominator....emotions....uncontrolled emotions and instant gratification.

Amuse......amusement.

A= without

Muse= thinking..to contemplate..to ponder..

Amuse.....Amusement....something often fed to us to prevent thinking.

Translation...the lowest common denominator...to get people properly "Herded."

Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite

26. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't watch movies or much regular TV. We usually watch nerd TV like Forged in Fire and documentaries. I prefer to get my fiction by reading. I like Science Fiction a lot but have never cared much for the Zombies. I prefer flesh eating Aliens and Cryptid monsters over demented dead humans. I have always been a big reader.

27. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I try to watch something more factual like documentaries or wild life programmes, Ray Mears , or even Bear Grylls , there are only so many repeats of NCIS or CSI I can watch.

28. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I can't stand those Zombie programs on the television. I quickly use my remote to escape them.

I saw many zombies coming to work on Monday morning on the day shift..when I worked 11 pm to 7am and worked the weekends. We got to see the walking dead coming to work on Monday mornings and it often took them until Wednesday to get some semblance of normalcy. By then they were getting ready for the weekend and once again becoming Zombies.

I've seen the real thing...on the streets and at work. I don't need to watch them in movies and television.

Ever heard the drunken zombie story about the guy who constantly had a rattle in is car door.

He finally disassembled his car door and found a liquor bottle in there as the cause of his rattle. In the liquor bottle was a note.

It said....." You finally found it...congratulations!!"

My non Ishmaelite .02,

Watcherchris

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  29. Dallas845

Dallas845 New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.