Manchester Terror Attack

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Katie Ann, May 23, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Katie Ann

Katie Ann New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    I assume everyone has heard about last night's terror attack at the Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England. Suicide bomber... and 22 are dead including some children. I can't wrap my head around the evilness.

It brings me to a question. Do any of you have a part of your survival/disaster planning to include terror attacks... even if it's just a family plan of action in case of terrorism so everyone is on the same page? I don't... not sure if that's wise to ignore it, but I live in a rural/small town area and never get near a major city and I just don't think of it.

And if you *do* have a plan of some kind, is it just a written "this is what we'd do" type of thing, or something more tangible? I'm flying kind of blind here and drawing a blank, but in today's environment, I feel that I should probably give it at least some thought.

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    22 dead and 60 injured, most of them teenagers or younger, it was a suicide attack and the attacker is also dead, so its now a recovery and retrieval phase, picking up the pieces and investigating the event.
    terrorists will always target events with large attendance, shopping malls, sporting events, and like this case pop concerts, so mostly events that happen in or near cities, this is for maximum effect and maximum publicity.
    we don't go anywhere near any city much less a large one, no need when we can get all we want on the internet.

3. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    I become increasingly disbelieving about having to imagine that the world will be a better place someday every time something of that magnetude happens. Will it really be possible for us, human beings, to be considered as a superior race? I have serious doubts about this. I can't believe people can be so alienated / bad that way. It's not acceptable!

Well... I hope things work out as quickly as possible and God will comfort the hearts of all

4. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    the more people we have on this planet the more chance of this type of thing happening.

5. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    Yes. I don't live near what would be a target. I don't go to events that have a lot of crowds, mainly because I'm not interested, but they also attract terrorist types. I keep aware at all times, have undergone training (escape/evasion, emergency medical, etc.), and am legally armed. The same can be said of the Mrs.

6. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    When you import a people, you import their behavioral patterns. Welcome to Earth. Welcome to the human species. "The acorn falls not far from the tree."

'Tis good to hope for more, may God smile upon you, but the experiment is not worth your week's wages.

7. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    fairly old news now.