Martial Law

Discussion in 'The Apocalypse' started by poltiregist, Jul 13, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    When a serious disaster occurs such as a situation with the power grid down for months and perhaps years , many communities will find themselves starving . The most likely course of action , someone amongst the starving group will spout the words "martial Law " and assume that gives them the right to roam the rural areas and take the livestock or whatever they want .As a prepper if they come to take your stuff , what will be your reaction ?

2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Crops just got new compost. If they come to take my stuff, they have declared war and I will defend me and mine. P1ss poor planning on their part does not constitute an emergency on my part. Their actions will determine their fate. People can and do justify their decisions, that will NOT make them bullet proof. The motivation behind their actions do not excuse them from the consequences of their choices.

3. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    They will get shot, plain & simple. For trespass they will get a warning, one chance only. Probably the best way to dispose of bodies will be burning.
    Keith.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  4. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:

What stuff? What can they do with an old woman grubbin' around in the dirt for roots and herbs with a pointy stick?

"Wait! Come back 'ere boys! Y'all have not tried some of this cricket gumbo yet!"

ROFLOL There's a method to the madness, and I am probably nearing perfection by now.

5. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Sooooo.....what do we know about martial law....???

Not the classic deeply flawed assumptions. What is the truth about Martial law....???

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Killing someone is not something I would look forward to doing but that is exactly what I would do if they came to take my stuff . During the American Civil War Yankee troops did this to women and children on southern farms as their men were off to war . They even took their draft animals used for farming , milk cows and any farm crops they had managed to harvest . I just would not stand by and let this happen to my family .

Caribou, Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  7. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    There are certain areas of America which provide most of the troop to the actual fighting branches of the military. These same states/regions also provide a disproportionate number of equipment technicians to the military. These areas of America will be the object of martial law raids to obtain supplies. Ask yourself, "Were I in the military, would I go steal from my own people?"

Big Brother's attempts at looting I see going sideways.

When the SHTF, the rates of desertion within all branches of the military is going to be sky high.

Patriotic Russian can't get its young men to show up for military service in this day and age.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
  9. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    You could be right I certainly ain't a lawyer but I would shoot them either way .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    there aren't enough Troops and Police in the UK to control a population of 65million, they might contain somewhere like London-maybe, which is their power base after all, maybe Birmingham if their lucky-which has been called "the second city" in the past. but anywhere else is outside of their control.
    I know there have been plans since the 1980s to control all the major roads and ban all but official traffic on them, as far as I know that is still in place.

Old Geezer, Caribou and TMT Tactical like this.
  11. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    well you can bet a group will declare marital law and come to get your supplies. Then divvy it all up because that is only fair.

12. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    then they will be unofficial and illegal and treated as such.

TMT Tactical and randyt like this.
  13. randyt

415/460

Blog Posts:
    it will still be tried

Caribou and TMT Tactical like this.
  14. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    they can try, they will wish they hadn't.
    doubtful in this neck of the woods but will still not discount it.

15. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I think that is what they call. "Possession is 9/10's of the LAW"...

16. randyt

415/460

Blog Posts:
    that's for sure but that won't stop the unprepared majority from forming a authority and trying to redistribute the supplies of people that have too much. All under the guise of being "fair". Right or wrong it will be tried. Right or wrong they will succeed in some cases.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning IBME,

You were completely correct. "Marshall law" is out. emergency declarations are the new route. Once declared by POTUS or 6 of the Cabinet secretaries, the machinery of government starts turning.

Related: Note that a Health Commissioner at Federal and state level ... and some cities ... has law enforcement authority for certain matters such as (new term) "social distancing" , quarantines and authorizations to upgrade activity levels of medical personnel, eg an EMT could be allowed to do procedures otherwise not authorized to do.

18. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    That would likely be the tipping point when the killing ramped up to a higher level .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  19. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    you have to remember that some of us live outside of the US and the last time we had martial law here was 1939-1945!

20. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    Apropos of nothing at all, pig poop makes great fertilizer.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  21. randyt

415/460

Blog Posts:
    for the common good

TMT Tactical likes this.
  22. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    AND a high rate of fire, should prove the point.

Sonofliberty likes this.
  23. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    While I share all of your passion, and agree with not allowing anybody to steal what we have saved to provide for our families, none of us is going to survive a fire fight with an overwhelming force. Gangs or marauders O.K. they will be met with open fire. When a SWAT team or half a dozen armed National Guardsmen show up, make a donation.

Go into the garage. Here are the three cases of water and a case of MRE's I saved. I don't have any thing else. Put enough aside that you can give them something to appease them, and your family won't suffer. I seriously doubt that it would come to a floor to ceiling search, and good luck finding anything in my basement. S$%t!! I can't find anything in my basement. Build it into the cost. Just make sure that the lion's share of what you have is well hidden.

24. NomadWill

NomadWill Expert Member
      240/345

Blog Posts:
    I do currently live out in a rural area, I do live in a neighborhood though and Town is about a 10-15 minute drive. All we have out this way is a couple farms, and a few other smaller neighborhoods. No livestock nearby. I wouldn't imagine people would leave town and head this way, they'd probably go the opposite way and head towards the beach where all the stores and shops and people are.

If for some reason they came this way and tried to "take my stuff" They'd get no warning.

25. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Taking out cattle rustlers , horse thieves , pig snatchers and such long distance with a scoped rifle would be good way to discourage those coming to steal under the guise of them having some legal or moral right to pillage . That first shot should be to take out whomever appeared to be in charge of the thief ring .

Caribou and TMT Tactical like this.
  26. Caribou

Caribou Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    If one person is putting up resistance they will loose but if that person takes out one or two of the thieves then the next does the same it will become too expensive to get free food.

27. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    This is where the United States and Great Britain are rather alike.

Thought people fear FEMA, at best when it hits the fan, FEMA will be utterly unable to control & provide aid to the length and breadth of this nation. Even if the military steps in, still the reality is that this nation is vast. Considering only the urban areas, attempting to bring aid and maintain order is going to be spotty at best. Here in the U.S. we already have had cities fall into ruin. Witness Detroit, Michigan. For Emergency Services to enter areas of Los Angeles and Chicago, they must be accompanied by police convoy. And this is in "good times"!

Maybe it was the 2011 riots in England that settled in my mind the belief that the condition of G.Br. as being one of "too big to control" when the SHTF.

Here in the U.S., the folk living in the boonies are armed and have no qualms about using those armaments. Therefore, it would not at all be a good idea to be an urban refugee seeking squatters-rights in the countryside. Hopefully the urbanites will be trucked off to all those reconditioned/re-purposed Air Force bases.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  28. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I really don't think organized thugs are going to be a problem. Once there is no law to protect the thugs from the citizens, they will be quickly eliminated. Even in gun control cities, I am willing to bet there are a lot of armed citizens. Once the lights go out, it may not be healthy to look like some gang banger, biker or any other disreputable group. Them boys may want to pull up those baggy pants.

Sonofliberty likes this.
  29. randyt

415/460

Blog Posts:
    the problem will be maybe the mayor and the police force, appointing themselves as the authority. They will attempt to confiscate goods for the "common good" . Of course they will take a huge amount of the top as a "handling" fee.

30. CountryGuy

CountryGuy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    Well put Morg. People can talk all the "I'll whip their ass if they show up to my place" talk till the reality hits the road. Regardless if it's a legit or a rogue military unit, when few platoons roll up and are now sitting around their home, when they are face to face with very well trained and equipped dudes packing M4's, Saw's, vehicle mounted .50cals and 20mm chain guns and 1000's of rounds of ammo, just for starters - then I want to see them say it. Easy to have internet bravado, stupid to have real world stupidity in the face of overwhelming firepower. If they show up and say they're coming in and have a mind to do it, do you think they're going to stop because you say "Hey, this is un-Constitutional!" If you do put up a fight what do you think you're going to get other than dead? They could easily level your place, kill anyone and everything there and burn it all if for nothing else to make a point to everyone else to comply or die.

31. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    The problem for the Mayor and the Police force is you have to recognize their authority. What it will break down to is, who has the firepower and the will will to use it. As soon as the Mayor says they have to confiscate -- shoot him / her and ask who is next. First that will end the discuss and second that will tell everybody, that nobody is taking your supplies.

Sonofliberty and randyt like this.
  32. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:

This ^^^ 100% even if it might be "unpopular." I never understood how anyone thinks they can withstand overwhelming military action against them unless they plan on suiciding in the end???????

33. randyt

415/460

Blog Posts:
    I don't think it will be that simple. They will not stroll in there wide open.

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  34. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Country Guy, you are absolutely correct if they show up in vastly superior force, then you do what they say. That will not stop you from sneaking out to their house later that night and shooting the Mayor and the Sheriff. The troops will get eh message and will decide they don't want to be part of this confiscation operation.

Sonofliberty, Morgan101 and randyt like this.
  35. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    @randyt Your are correct too. The PTB people can only maintain control for as long as other people let them. I don't put all my eggs in one basket, so I am not going to lose all of my supplies BUT will also not allow the weasels to hang out around the hen house either. Guerrilla war fare works as well against local tyrants as with invading armies.

36. randyt

415/460

Blog Posts:
    of course, appear weak, poor and unprepared. Ask for a handout when they come knocking.

Morgan101 likes this.
  37. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I would subscribe to the guerilla tactics as well. Make them pay a price, and make yourself or your area more trouble than you are worth. O.K. guilty as charged, but this would also satisfy a serious revenge motive that I would have watching some bureaucrat steal what I had worked so hard to save.