Media Formed Openion Versus Facts

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by TexDanm, Oct 19, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The liberal controlled media is using lies to mold the views of how dangerous and common guns are used in shootings. When they talk statistics they make it sound like murders and mass shootings from people using guns are as common as hell while the fact is that when you talk out the suicides, legal police shootings, legal shootings where victims did it in self-defense the figures are a lot different. What is more important is how these lies make a problem that is real seem less and a problem that is not so real seem VERY threatening.

Because they drag every shooting to the forefront on nationwide news it seems as if we are under siege but a shooting in California doesn't represent a real threat to people in Virginia BUY nonetheless they make it seem as if people are being shot all around us.

45,000 Americans commit suicide every year and the suicide rate among children is growing fast! Gun control won't affect this. Why is one black criminal getting shot national news while every day 123 Americans die by their own hand and it isn't worthy of mention? I wonder how much of our problem in this country may be partially caused by the constant bombardment of our minds with despair fomented via all of the various media.

I stopped EVER watching national news several years ago and limit my reading to less sensational sources. It is actually sort of amazing how much better you feel when you don't tune in to a daily dose of hopelessness and misery.

Understand that the "non-mass shooting" bar on the graph below is not just murders. It reflects police-involved shootings and any other non-mass shootings.

"A new survey from American Associate for Public Opinion Research shows that Americans are much more likely to think that mass shootings and other types of homicides make up a much larger share of total homicides than they do. The huge gap between how people think individuals die from guns and how they do is undoubtedly due to media bias. "
    3130b6d05cfe1db4bc3beecb3f009517.png

Attached Files:

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    TD, Have you ever given an interview to the news media? They are lying snakes. My boss told me to give a Raleigh, NC. station a interview in 93'. It was my second interview and last. They cut and spliced a 45 minute interview into a 60 second sound bite that advanced there animal rights agenda. I have nothing for them. Whoever owns the station, sets the agenda. Nothing but a spin job.

Dale

TMT Tactical and Radar like this.
  3. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    :eek: That must be horrible :(. Thankfully such thing has never happen to me, and hopefully never will. Although for newspaper interview they usually just cut all my gibberish talk and just wrote the substance (as in making their own conclusion) :(

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/nbc-news-lester-holt-truth-fairness-overrated

"NBC's Lester Holt says we don’t need to hear both sides to define truth: ‘Fairness is overrated’"

"NBC News anchor Lester Holt received praise from liberal media figures after saying reporters don’t need to hear both sides of a story before determining the 'truth.'

"'I think it’s become clear that fairness is overrated ... the idea that we should always give two sides equal weight and merit does not reflect the world we find ourselves in,' Holt said on Tuesday night while accepting an award at the 45th Murrow Symposium."

TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  5. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "CNN News Article: ‘It’s Not Possible to Know a Person’s Gender Identity at Birth’"

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-...enies-the-biological-reality-of-sex-at-birth/

"In an article reporting on Kristi Noem’s decision to veto the 'Fairness in Girls’ Sports' bill, CNN breaking-news reporter Devan Cole claimed yesterday that there’s no way to determine a child’s 'gender identity' at birth.

“'It’s not possible to know a person’s gender identity at birth, and there is no consensus criteria for assigning sex at birth,' Cole asserted, in a statement better fit for an unhinged opinion article than a news article by a breaking-news reporter."

Old Geezer take: I'm glad that the leftists are coming out of the closet as being the mentally-ill crew that they are. Maybe it is a good thing also that dollars are being manufactured faster than toilet paper. The dollar is worthless and the MSM is nuts. We all knew it. Now it is out in the open.

CNN -- Crazy News Network

upload_2021-4-1_0-7-4.png

Rebecca, TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  6. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Has anyone else noticed that anytime movies need a fake news cast in there movie, it's usually CNN. LOL!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    like they used to say on a 50s American cop show "The facts mam, just the facts!!"

Brownbear and TMT Tactical like this.
  8. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Lonewolf,

That was Sgt Joe Friday (played by Jack Webb) of LAPD on show "Dragnet".

It was one of my foundation stones.

Only minor in actual history, Sgt Friday's show introduced the famous "38 Snubnose" police revolver. It was a favorite of the founders of the in formation new state of Singapore.

9. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    yes that was the one. 1950s tv show.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I keep hearing this crap all the time these days, I dont care what gender someone "feels" there are only 2 genders, male and female, and thats a biological fact.

Brownbear, TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  11. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    As far as the realm of medicine is concerned, there are XX people and XY people (yes, XXY people exist but they are as rare as chicken teeth).

If a person has had gender reassignment surgery, that person is still XX or XY -- however they began at the moment of their conception. Every cell in the body that has a full set of chromosomes, which is to say 99.44% (just like Ivory Soap), is XX or XY (red blood cells do not carry DNA; sperm and eggs have 1/2 count of DNA, they are "haploid").

Why some individuals have psychological profiles that do not match their biology seems to be turning into an endless discussion. One thing is for sure, if a person obsesses on their sexual identity then that person has problems. Heterosexual or homosexual, one hopefully is more than just their sexual nature. Western nations are utterly obsessed with sexuality and this is downright pathologic. Many parents will not let their children watch mainstream TV shows due to the political and sexual content. Media has become propaganda. And as we all know, humor has officially died.

As to "Just the facts, mam," that's all I want from the news. When I see an article that has a title beginning with "What you should know about ...", I do not read it. I don't know how many times I have heard media say that the news must be "digested" for the masses. That makes me so mad that I could scream. An adult does not need anyone to explain events to them. Tell me the events and I'll make up my own mind. "Explanations" only belong in the commentary sections of news reporting.

12. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Old Geezer,

Using media-press-news as synonyms for here:

"The press today is an army with carefully organized weapons, the journalists its officers, the readers it's soldiers."

Oswald Spengler

TMT Tactical and Old Geezer like this.
    1. Old Geezer
      The press is the proverbial 5th column.

Old Geezer, Apr 1, 2021
      TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Materialists take physics and attempt to form metaphysics from it.

Materialism has become a religion. Scientists are their priests and bishops. Famous scientists are their archbishops. All want to become the Pope. The West is awash with born-again materialists.

In the realm of quantum physics, some are sounding heretical. Some question if matter matters. All that matter seems to be is "stable energy" or "observed energy". One tests/observes energy and poof, it becomes matter! Then disappears. String theorists postulate at least 11 dimensions. Surgical staff members have patients who have died on the table come back and tell them the details of what procedures they were performing in other rooms of the hospital -- this while the patient was flat-line DEAD.

Most all of that which people hold sacred isn't.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    So true !

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    When the Right goes armed, the collectivist media goes nuts and screams, "Sedition!"

When the Left goes armed, the MSM suppresses the information.

"About Those Armed Protestors at the Capitol - The Georgia Capitol"

https://pjmedia.com/columns/stacey-...s-at-the-capitol-the-georgia-capitol-n1437031

"The eyewitness who took the video gave PJ Media his impression of what he witnessed:

"'A half dozen heavily armed militia surrounded the state legislator who was arrested last week for assaulting a state trooper, presumably to protect her from another arrest. It was surreal. There was no clash between the leftists and the state troopers although we saw one trooper with a rifle. There were a half dozen more who were similarly dressed but not openly bearing firearms.'

"If Cannon has received threats requiring this type of security, providing it requires licensure in the state. If not, the rank hypocrisy of her allowing this on her behalf is pretty astonishing. ..."

https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/...ia-descended-georgia-capitol-radical-leftists

upload_2021-4-3_19-14-25.png

Mainstream Media -- communism's 5th column

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  16. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Leftist media's continued campaign to rape Liberty dead in America.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/comcast-att-fake-net-neutrality-comments

"The Office of New York Attorney General Letitia James has revealed in a new report that nearly 18 million of the more than 22 million comments the FCC received during its 2017 rulemaking were fake, intended to support the repeal of net neutrality, the idea that internet service providers (ISPs) should provide all online content equally and prevent them from favoring their own services or customers over their competitors.

"A $4.2 million effort funded by Broadband for America, which includes major internet providers like AT&T, Comcast and Charter, reportedly accounted for more than 8.5 million of the fake FCC comments. Millions more were submitted by a teenage college student in California.

"'The Office of the New York Attorney General (OAG) found that fake comments accounted for nearly 18 million of the more than 22 million comments the FCC received during its 2017 rulemaking,"\' the AG's report reads. 'This type of fraud has significant consequences for our democracy. Federal and state agencies rely on public comments to set standards that govern many aspects of our lives, from public health to consumer protection to the environment, and, in this case, the rules that govern how we share and consume content over the internet. Public comments can also influence legislators and the laws they enact.'

"'The OAG found that millions of fake comments were submitted through a secret campaign, funded by the country’s largest broadband companies, to manufacture support for the repeal of existing net neutrality rules using lead generators,' the report continued. 'And millions more were submitted by a 19- year old college student using made-up identities. The OAG also found that the FCC’s rulemaking proceeding was not unique. Some of the same parties and tactics have infected other rulemakings and processes for public engagement.'"

upload_2021-5-7_15-25-3.png

17. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    2nd post today from O.G. concerning media war on freedom

Media keeps Margaret Sanger's infanticide factories open; however, if you state that covid vaccines result in harm to a fetus, you must be silenced.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2021/05/07/facebook-permanently-bans-major-pro-life-news-site/

"Facebook permanently banned LifeSiteNews, a popular pro-life news outlet, for publishing 'false information about COVID-19 that could contribute to physical harm.'

"As justification for unpublishing LifeSiteNews, Facebook cited an article posted on April 10, 2021, titled 'COVID vaccines can be deadly for some.'

"Facebook said they erase Facebook pages that publish 'vaccine discouraging information on the platform.'

“'This all comes down to another case of Big Tech silencing free speech on their platform,' said LifeSiteNews Marketing Director Rebekah Roberts.

“'Facebook has been silencing any voice that goes against their beliefs and agenda,' Roberts said. 'Our LifeSiteNews Facebook page has been removed simply because we have shared reports of doctors, nurses, expert researchers, and even the former Pfizer VP speaking out against the COVID shots.'”

Remember, you have free speech ... so long as it furthers the cause of the great and unholy Borg collective.

Truth is dangerous. Tell the truth, get silenced.

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    poltiregist likes this.
  18. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    The Leftist mainstream media simply lies. They are the enemies of Western civilization and want it annihilated. The MSM not only puts its extreme bias into their supposed news articles, they also do their best to rewrite history.

"Media Outlets Tie Themselves In Knots To Avoid Saying Jewish Man Was Killed In Fight With Pro-Palestinian Protesters"

https://www.dailywire.com/news/medi...lled-in-fight-with-pro-palestinian-protesters

Begin quote

A Jewish man was killed in California after a confrontation between pro-Israel and pro-Palestinian rally-goers resulted in an altercation — but if the mainstream media reports are to be believed, he might have just died after falling on the sidewalk and hitting his head.

Paul Kessler, 69, hit his head on the pavement as a result of the altercation and later died of his injuries at a nearby hospital.

The Ventura County Sheriff’s Department reported: “Upon arrival, responding deputies located Kessler, who was suffering from a head injury. Witness accounts indicated that Kessler was involved in a physical altercation with counter-protestor(s). During the altercation, Kessler fell backwards and struck his head on the ground. Kessler was transported to an area hospital for advanced medical treatment. On November 6, 2023, Kessler succumbed to his injuries.”

The Sheriff’s office said in a press conference on Tuesday that officers detained a 50-year-old suspect who was “advocating for Palestine” during his confrontation with Kessler. The Sheriff’s Department later released the suspect after authorities conducted a search warrant at his home. The medical examiner’s office ruled the cause of death to be homicide, and authorities have “not ruled out the possibility of a hate crime” charge.

Still, media was rife with headlines that left out the fact that he was involved in a “physical altercation” with pro-Palestinian protesters when he hit his head.

T. Becket Adams, program director at the National Journalism Center, shared an NBC headline that read, “Man dies after hitting head during Israel and Palestinian rallies in California, officials say.”

The next headline he highlighted came from The New York Times: “Jewish Man Dies After Dueling Protests In California.”

ABC News ran with a similar angle: “Elderly Jewish man dies after confrontation with pro-Palestinian protesters in Westlake Village."

And from the BBC: “Jewish man dies after dispute at duelling Israel-Palestinian protests.”

PBS Newshour ran with the following headline: “A Jewish man in California has died after getting into a confrontation during dueling protests over the Israel-Hamas war, authorities said.”

Local outlet KTLA joined in as well, reporting, “Elderly Jewish man dies after incident at pro-Palestinian rally in Thousand Oaks.”

Televised coverage was not much different, as noted by Newsbusters managing editor Curtis Houck.

“‘CBS Mornings’ ignored it completely,” he noted, adding that they had instead filled the time with a piece about the “true cost” of the war between Israel and Hamas and how it would be “counted in the lives of children killed or broken” in Gaza.

The Los Angeles Times was one of the few to put Kessler’s death in the proper context, publishing a headline that read, “Jewish man dies after being hit in the head amid dueling protests sparked by Israel-Hamas war."

End quote

TMT Tactical likes this.
  19. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Playing devil's advocate a little here but, is not all opinion that does not directly relate to one's own experience influenced by either the media, friends and family?

Reading the above post it is clear that their is a depth of scepticism with the media - clearly understandably so as this is a prepares forum and none of us believe "everything will be alright" as if we did, we wouldn't be here.

Having said that, we are stuck with the media as it is. Do we seek media that supports our own views, if I am being wholly honest, I suspect I do. I certainly have a tendency to dismiss media that is in opposition to my views unless it is supported by sufficient information to enable research to confirm/deny form other sources.

What think you folks?

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. TMT Tactical
      I tend to take all media reporting with a giant block of salt. Both, left and right use bias terminology to report issues. False reporting is now a way of life. The wife just read an article that claimed the Founding Fathers could not have anticipated repeating firearms when the 2nd. Amendment was written. FACT: Repeating firearms were already in existence when the 2nd amendment was written. Do you own research.

TMT Tactical, Nov 8, 2023
      Brownbear likes this.
  20. Brownbear

410/460

Blog Posts:
    You raise a good point TMT Tactical. The key thing you have hit on here is another level of interpretation. Repeating weapons, at the time of the Founding Fathers were, of course, different from the repeating weapons of today. Somebody might look at your statement and think of a modern magazine loading repeating pistol, another a vintage revolving twin barrel flintlock - it's all perspectives based on our own individual experiences. Most people do not and will not research before forming an opinion. That research can be as easy as viewing a different channel for a different perspective.

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. TMT Tactical
      The Kalthoff repeater was a type of repeating firearm that was designed by members of the Kalthoff family around 1630

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalthoff_repeater

When the Founding Fathers wrote the constitution, they were aware of the existence of mag fed repeating firearms. Just like free speech and social media, firearms have evolved to be more efficient and wide spread. Which does not negate either amendment.

TMT Tactical, Nov 9, 2023
      Brownbear likes this.
  21. Brownbear

410/460

Blog Posts:
    That is a beautiful gun, but most people would not associate a weapon of that age as having a connection to a modern repeat gun. People have short memories, it why the press can manipulate them.

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. TMT Tactical
      The press, politicians and celebrities are able to manipulate folks because people have not learned to challenge points of view. It took me about two minutes to find the Kalthoff article. One celebrity on the TV program "The View" claimed that an AR15 was not suitable for deer hunting as it was so powerful it would completely destroy the deer. POINT OF FACT--- In many states the AR15 is not allowed to hunt deer, as it is to weak / puny to make a humane kill. Just the opposite of what was stated by the celebrity. Do not accept opinions without doing your own research.

TMT Tactical, Nov 9, 2023
  22. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Baseline intent: Those who penned the American Constitution wanted the government to fear the wrath of the people.

Fear and respect, respect and fear, go hand in hand.

As to media influence, seems most Westerners are unable and/or unwilling to think for themselves. It doesn't take any sort of Svengali to hold sway over such people. The propagandists in the MSM are exceedingly aware of the current herd-mentality out there.

A mother bird gathers food, chews it up, swallows it, then regurgitates it into the mouths of its nestlings. The vulgar hubris pandemic among media moguls has them view themselves as mamma birds digesting news into a form the masses can understand. Sometimes you'll hear them come out and say it, "Bringing you the news you need to hear!"

My mind has the power to both take flight and to digest solid food. All preppers must attain that view from altitude.

If one doesn't take flight, you will not see. If one does not take flight, the foxes will get you.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  23. Brownbear

410/460

Blog Posts:
    Doing one's own research and forming an independent option is not difficult, we have the internet as a resource, people really have no excuse.

As a rule of thumb I disregard most things "so called celebrities" say anyway - who is celebrating them, certainly not me.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  24. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:

Shouldn't be.

Yet, it is for most cattle.

Celebrity means less than nothing.

"What profiteth a man to gain the whole world, but lose his own soul."

"Many are called, but few chosen."

---------------------------------------------------

TMT Tactical likes this.
  25. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    In the West, the ensconced socialist media allows only one viewpoint. Anyone providing more information to the voting populace than god government deems safe for the sheeple continuing to have "proper thinking" / "allowed beliefs" is an enemy of the state. You should never be allowed to hear the Russian side of the argument as concerns the uni-party governed Ukraine and its current dictatorial leadership.

The following video is NOT pro-Putin as the maistream media has alleged. The following seems to be a must-watch:

============================

https://infobrics.org/post/39785

https://theintercept.com/2023/06/22/ukraine-war-journalists-press-credentials/

https://www.npr.org/2022/07/08/1110...-tv-outlets-and-dissolved-rival-political-par

------------------

Last edited: Feb 8, 2024
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  26. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    the mass media are good a circulating false news.

TMT Tactical and Brownbear like this.
  27. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    The mass media has its roots in urban areas.

Soon, urban areas are going to go up in smoke. Maybe that's a good thing. Urban areas have gone massively immoral and flip God the bird. The mass-media supports the murder of he unborn. They need to be crushed.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  28. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "Washington Post Reporter Mocks Shoplifting Stories as the 'Panic' of 'a Sticky-Fingered Nation Built on Stolen Land' ”

https://jonathanturley.org/2024/03/...-sticky-fingered-nation-built-on-stolen-land/

"Washington Post writer Maura Judkis is under fire this week for a column in which she mocks shoplifting stories as the 'moral panic' of a nation built on 'stolen land.' It is reminiscent of those who excused rioting in past summers 'as an expression of power' and demanded that the media refer to looters as 'protesters.' Now, the Washington Post is suggesting that it may be just desserts for a nation of colonizers and enslavers.

"The prior day, the Post ran another column downplaying accounts of stores closing due to shoplifting even though employees blamed rampant shoplifting in San Francisco.

"Judkis wrote a Friday piece entitled 'The zombie CVS, a late-capitalism horror story.' ...

"Other journalists have made similar objections. New York Times writer (and now Howard University Journalism Professor) Nikole Hannah-Jones, has called upon journalists stop covering shoplifting crimes, even criticizing MSNBC’s Al Sharpton for his discussion of a viral video of a man who recently stole steaks from a New York City Trader Joe’s.

"Writers like Hannah-Jones believe that reporters should actively suppress or dismiss stories on such crime to frame public opinion. It is all part of advocacy journalism. You can almost attribute it the denial of reality in 'a late-journalism horror story.' "

Old Gzr: Maura Judkis is white. She needs to stop locking the door to her apartment. She deserves to be robbed, right? She's a "privileged" / evil white person, so she deserves whatever she gets from the descendants of slaves.

============================================

"Store Employees Are Facing an Increase in Violence"

https://www.newsweek.com/retailer-crime-theft-rising-violence-1833557

Begin quote

As retailers note an increase in theft across stores nationwide, there's an unfortunate side effect of the inventory loss: an uptick in violence against retail employees themselves.

A surge in organized retail crime and violence is happening across the entire sector, affecting both fashion and grocery stores, a report from the United States Chamber of Commerce indicates.

"This surge is due not to one-time shoplifters but to the rise in highly organized criminal groups—organized retail crime rings," the report said.

Unlike random shoplifting incidents committed by individuals, organized retail theft is coordinated by multiple people who then go on to sell their stolen goods online.

And different from your run-of-the-mill shoplifting, those engaged in organized retail crime are far more likely to become violent toward unsuspecting employees and customers, the Chamber said.

End quote

======================================

"Kohl's, Foot Locker, Target, Walmart say brazen retail theft worsening "

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/kohls-foot-locker-target-walmart-brazen-retail-theft-worsening

"In 2022, total shrink — the loss of inventory due to circumstances such as retail theft — cost retailers nearly $100 billion, and it is only getting worse, David Johnston, vice president of asset protection and retail operations for the National Retail Federation (NRF), told FOX Business.

"However, Johnston reiterated that this is not just about protecting profits. It is about protecting employees and customers as these crimes have gotten more violent.

" 'There have been employees and customers injured,' he said. 'There have been employees killed while these shoplifting events are taking place.' "

========================================

"Home Depot employee shot and killed by shoplifter mourned by community"

https://abcnews.go.com/US/home-depot-employee-shot-killed-stop-shoplifter/story?id=98716376

"A Home Depot employee has been shot killed after confronting a female shoplifter who was making her way to a getaway vehicle with her child inside.

"Mohs, who was a Home Depot loss prevention employee at the store, approached 32-year-old Benicia Knapps in an attempt to stop an alleged theft when a 'struggle ensued and the man was shot,' police said.

“ 'During the investigation, detectives determined Mohs confronted a female shoplifter who resisted and shot him,' said the Pleasanton Police Department in a statement following the shooting. 'The suspect, Benicia Knapps (32), ran to a getaway car driven by a male suspect, David Guillory (31). Knapp’s child was also inside the vehicle.'

“ 'Blake was a well-known member of the community who helped keep customers and staff safe,' said the Pleasanton Police Department. 'He was involved in community youth programs and planned to be married in the summer. He is survived by his parents, brother, and fiancée.' ”

upload_2024-3-2_16-23-55.png

TMT Tactical and Blitz like this.
  29. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Yeah. I don't know what to say Old Geezer. I know what I'd like to say but my lack of sleep and foul mood may get me in trouble, so I'll refrain.

TMT Tactical likes this.